Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boy niggas hate No Limit and how them nigga TOOK OVER THE ENTIRE GAME smh.

97, them niggas had the South on lock, Mia, Mystikal, and 98 they had the game in a choke

you had CMR in 96-97 under-neath them and you had them coming out the gates in 98, but we got Kast in this shit??? Lol. Come on man.

We suppose to be rap historians and know how shit went down.

We been doing these tournaments for damn near 2 years now, we're not about to switch the rules for a bitch ass silk the shocker.

The reason it's not in the tournament is cuz nobody gave af about the song enough to mention it.

Or maybe, just maybe, instead of being in here talking shit about how 5th is "curating" the tournament, yall can participate and vote for all the New Orleans artists in the world and they would make the tournament. They'll most likely get kicked out the first round, but they'll be in the tournament.
lol

aye man, dont take that tone with me

I had a suggestion... that was it

and i honestly didnt realize the tourney was going on until i saw BTAU was going up against Slippin, so miss me with the disses like im in here shitting on the tournament, but you know as well as i do, 7-10 people aint indicative of a larger representation.

Boy niggas hate No Limit and how them nigga TOOK OVER THE ENTIRE GAME smh.

97, them niggas had the South on lock, Mia, Mystikal, and 98 they had the game in a choke

you had CMR in 96-97 under-neath them and you had them coming out the gates in 98, but we got Kast in this shit??? Lol. Come on man.

We suppose to be rap historians and know how shit went down.

Chill out fam, according to @Sion you're clout chasing and trying to attain fame with your love for NL.

lol

aye man, dont take that tone with me

I had a suggestion... that was it

and i honestly didnt realize the tourney was going on until i saw BTAU was going up against Slippin, so miss me with the disses like im in here shitting on the tournament, but you know as well as i do, 7-10 people aint indicative of a larger representation.

This was the 98 tournament, between 73-97 did the South run hip hop?

And my fault if my tone came off disrespectful, I get passionate with this shit. I mean no disrespect.

And my fault if my tone came off disrespectful, I get passionate with this shit. I mean no disrespect.
it came off very goldie like ~shrugs~

lol

you gon talk your shit, i'ma talk mine

we family

@AP21

That nigga Goldie if he had a gun, prolly would shoot both us in the knee caps lol

Breh, you love your hip hop. I aint mad at that Lol

Barbershop talk with me, breh Lmaoo

A southern group won the tournament..... with that said, the top 3 selling artists were east coast artists...

my position was never about outkast winning though

MY position was the lack of representation of popular songs in that year

but i didnt know the criteria, so "it is my fault" that I didnt have much to stand on. But it appeared that most of the songs were singles of that year.

If this was a best singles tournament of 98, then i know for sure that Silkk, even if he loses in the first round 9/10x, he makes the thread b/c that song was everywhere that year

I think the 99 tournament preliminaries thread has already closed, hopefully there's enough NL songs on there.

I added a CM song if that makes yall feel better.

I think the 99 tournament preliminaries thread has already closed, hopefully there's enough NL songs on there.

I added a CM song if that makes yall feel better.

this guy

my position was never about outkast winning though

MY position was the lack of representation of popular songs in that year

but i didnt know the criteria, so "it is my fault" that I didnt have much to stand on. But it appeared that most of the songs were singles of that year.

If this was a best singles tournament of 98, then i know for sure that Silkk, even if he loses in the first round 9/10x, he makes the thread b/c that song was everywhere that year

The problem is that no one nominated the song. I’m not saying it didn’t belong I’m saying it didn’t make the tournament because no one nominated it.

The problem is that no one nominated the song. I’m not saying it didn’t belong I’m saying it didn’t make the tournament because no one nominated it.

i see where i was wrong fam

its all good

But you're acting like I'm saying Tekashi is the Goat MC lol

Me saying Nas and Scarface are on 2 different levels is ridiculous and nefarious?

:foh5:

Rosa Parks
Skew it in the Bar B
Da Art
Aquemini
Spottie

AND

THE ALBUM WENT DOUBLE PLATINUM.

Hit plat in Nov 98
Double plat by Jul of 99

So the question you shoukd ask yourself is not who WAS jamming Kast

But who WASNT....

This right chea!!

I distinctly remember a Source (magazine) article that came out around this time that had a map of gold/platinum album sales of that year and where the sales were from each region. Of course they sold a lot in the South, but Kast pretty much sold all over the U.S. surprisingly they did really well in the Northwest as well as the Northeast (and the Midwest).

When you go double platinum in that short period of time, virtually everybody is phuckin' w/ it.

Back