Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

FINALS: Goat Song of 98: Get At Me Dog vs Da Art of Storytellin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah bro,

Believe it or not The Hot Boys and No Limit, UGK were the main ones music being played consistently down here

Kast, weren't on the radar to anyone outside of those living in ATL in 98. Elevators made more noise at the time

Master P - Thinking Bout You made more noise than Kast song

U do know America is much bigger than the slums of Louisiana right?

Outkast wasn't on anybody's radar in 98!?!?!? Them mfs been on the map since 94. This is why I half way can't take the shit you be saying serious. Cuz you're either trollin or don't know wtf you're talkin about lol

U do know America is much bigger than the slums of Louisiana right?

Outkast wasn't on anybody's radar in 98!?!?!? Them mfs been on the map since 94. This is why I half way can't take the shit you be saying serious. Cuz you're either trollin or don't know wtf you're talkin about lol

Let me ask you this:

Whose album was more anticipated in 98?

Let's start there

Master P - Last Don
Juvenile - 400 Degrees
Outkast - Aquemini
Snoop Dog- The Game is to be Sold, Not to Be Told.

Folk, I lived the era, and again, I traveled to different parts of the country. Nobody was waiting for an Outkast (outside of ATL folks) back in 98 to drop.

Juvie 400 album had more anticipation than Outkast album and he wasn't even nation wide yet.

Bruh, I'ma say something and it may not sit well with you, folks (a lot of folks) had Juvenile as their best rapper in the South in 98-99 or before, Big Boi and 3000, started becoming niggas favorite rappers after everybody else fell off

Last edited:
Let me ask you this:

Who album was more anticipated in 98?

Let's start there

Master P - Last Don
Juvenile - 400 Degrees
Outkast - Aquemini
Snoop Dog- The Game is to be Sold, Not to Be Told.

Folk, I lived the era, and again, I traveled to different parts of the country. Nobody was waiting for an Outkast (outside of ATL folks) back in 98 to drop.

Juvie 400 album had more anticipation than Outkast album and he wasn't even nation wide yet.

Bruh, I'ma say something and it may not sit well with you, folks (a lot of folks) had Juvenile as their best rapper in the South in 98-99 or before, Big Boi and 3000, started becoming niggas favorite rappers after everybody else fell off

You have the perspective of someone who has never left his town, let alone state fam.

Outkast had 2 classics leading up to Aquemini, No Limit and Cash Money were still on the come up in 98. The anticipation was with Outkast.

DMX was the biggest rapper in the world in 98, the numbers speak for themselves. Nobody was rushing to the radio to hear a master P 16, cut it out fam.

oh shit the nigga knock back!!

still on that no limit shit tho.....

:hahaha:

You have the perspective of someone who has never left his town, let alone state fam.

Outkast had 2 classics leading up to Aquemini, No Limit and Cash Money were still on the come up in 98. The anticipation was with Outkast.

DMX was the biggest rapper in the world in 98, the numbers speak for themselves. Nobody was rushing to the radio to hear a master P 16, cut it out fam.

Folk,

Outkast - The Art OF Story-Telling and DMX Get at me was bigger than Silk the Shocker's "It Aint my fault??

Lol, This is what we doing now (re-writing history)? We really going with this notion, Kast song was bigger than "It aint my fault?

I'm not even going to go any further, I'm let that sit in water before stirring

Last edited:
Folk,

Outkast - The Art OF Story-Telling and DMX Get at me was bigger than Silk's the Shocker "It Aint my fault??

Lol, This is what we doing now (re-writing history)? We really going with this notion, Kast song was bigger than "It aint my fault?

I'm not even going to go any further, I'm let that sit in water before stirring

The tournament is for the best song, not the biggest song. If it was about the biggest songs, the finals would be Jay-z vs Lauryn Hill

What should’ve been the finals for this year? @Knock_Twice

Honestly, I'll have to go back to the brackets and see all the songs listed. I mentioned I didn't nominate shit but yet in here poking holes lol.

I gotta go back and see if all the bangers in 98 were listed. Couldn't have been if Art of Storytelling is the best lol.

Nobody nominated It Ain’t My Fault nor did anyone even notice or care.

So we're just skipping over a song that literally was heavy on the radar for that year in 98, Lol

Shit became a saying for Young Black America lol and even whites.

We skipping over a camp (No Limit) that literally ran that year in music in 98?

I hate you niggas Lol.

Shouts out to you niggas though breh. Finals still looked rigged and shit lol

"Silk The Shocker made "it aint my fault" a saying to black and white america" - Knock
:dfbruh:

I'm just saying, No Limit dropped over 10 albums that year, literally ran 98 alone. Master P had the most anticipated albums to come out that summer, plus you had an album with Millionaires Dream (Big Tymers) on it and Da Art of Story Telling is running 98? Come on man Lol

It's a kool song to listen to when it's a windy day outside, but come on man, over Millionaire Dream, Wayne literally had niggas trying sip on Don P that year Lol

Smh. Lol Dayum

So we're just skipping over a song that literally was heavy on the radar for that year in 98, Lol

Shit became a saying for Young Black America lol and even whites.

We skipping over a camp (No Limit) that literally ran that year in music in 98?

I hate you niggas Lol.

Shouts out to you niggas though breh. Finals still looked rigged and shit lol
Nobody nominated it. Pretty much most of the essential 98 songs are in the tournament.

Honestly, I'll have to go back to the brackets and see all the songs listed. I mentioned I didn't nominate shit but yet in here poking holes lol.

I gotta go back and see if all the bangers in 98 were listed. Couldn't have been if Art of Storytelling is the best lol.
You don’t have to do all that. Just in your opinion what 2 songs should’ve been in the finals.

If we talking 1998 in that time, those dudes Kast with that song was just a kool song.

Where was niggas playing this song at?? I'll start there.

Niggas down south, you telling me, were riding around in their Cutlass, Regals, Box Chevys, buckets, playing this song??

This song was heavy played in 1998 over all of CMR and No Limit songs

Outkast?? Lol. Smh. I couldn't name you 100 niggas that played that song

Last edited:
Back