Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or Foul: rapper Blueface makes it rain on the homeless

I've said multiple times in this thread that more than one thing can be true. I'm QUITE sure they viewed it as a blessing, my nigga. I would. And I'm also sure they thought 'Having to crawl around and fight for it is rather humiliating, though. But I'll take it'.

That's all I'm saying, son. I'm not condemning the nigga. It just could've ben done way better. It took more effort to do it the way he did than it would've taken to do it in a way that let everybody maintain their dignity.

I honestly don't understand why niggas is fighting this that hard. It's not like we saying he's a monster.
Nah bruh again, if u think blueface was right or wrong I respect either answer. But not keeping the same energy for the mall dude is where I'm scratching my head.

I feel like however u feel about what blueface did u should feel the same about mall dude, good or bad.

I've been homeless, I told y'all about it before. I didn't hit them levels, but there's people out there, especially on Skid Row, that are as bad off as what he's said and far worse.

It's like you're being intentionally dense on this.
Lol not intentionally dense. Even asked my girl how she felt without giving my opinion n played devil's advocate with her. She said damn near everything I'm saying/thinking with y'all.

I'm not saying no homeless felt disrespected/humiliated as they partake, but I doubt all of em did

Just like I'm sure some ppl in the mall looked on thinking "look at those savages" toward their employed counterparts

Here is the difference:

-In one instance, a nigga went to a mall...where niggas who have been able to successfully navigate capitalism are spending money huge amounts of money to buy gifts. He tossed money to those people and some of those people decided 'Fuck it, free money, why not?'

-In the other instances, a nigga went to skid row, where addicts and other homeless people living on the fringes of society, where every single day they have to wake up and scrape and fight and hustle an steal and lie and beg and humiliate themselves - every day, always, over and over, daily, and then all over again, etc, etc - just to be able to to feed themselves, their family and/or their vice. He tossed money to those people, and all of them were forced into deciding 'Damn, my pride as a human being is really damaged behind this. But I'll endure that for the sake of my next meal.'

Does that make it more clear? I tried to approach it from a different angle.

I can see your viewpoint... ima still stand by the shit being tacky no matter the circumstance.

Cuz you can take the example you just gave and apply it to strippers in a club... some of who are addicts.. not living in the best of conditions and strip every single day.. to feed themselves.. or support their family, their habit/vice who gladly rake up money from niggas like him that make it rain and no-one bats an eye

Nah bruh again, if u think blueface was right or wrong I respect either answer. But not keeping the same energy for the mall dude is where I'm scratching my head.

I feel like however u feel about what blueface did u should feel the same about mall dude, good or bad.

This is what I mean. You're being disingenuous. Because You actually DO understand the difference. I just explained them. You just don't agree with what those differences in circumstances should mean. But you understand exactly what the difference is between the two examples. Stop it.

This is what I mean. You're being disingenuous. Because You actually DO understand the difference. I just explained them. You just don't agree with what those differences in circumstances should mean. But you understand exactly what the difference is between the two examples. Stop it.
Lol what?? Nah u musta misinterpreted

I can see your viewpoint... ima still stand by the shit being tacky no matter the circumstance.

Cuz you can take the example you just gave and apply it to strippers in a club... some of who are addicts.. not living in the best of conditions and strip every single day.. to feed themselves.. or support their family, their habit/vice who gladly rake up money from niggas like him that make it rain and no-one bats an eye

Oh let me stop you right there. It definitely is tacky no matter what. In one situation though...it's tacky AND dehumanizing.

If u mean tryna get folks into single file line and handing over one by one....no

It wudda turned into Black Friday shopping chaos

U know the shit working class ppl participate in while being called savages

I didn't mention any method of distributing the money, in lieu of tossing it.

My question was do you think it could have been done better by not tossing it? Regardless of what better way he could have done it...just do you think a better way existed? Yes or no.

It ain't even that deep or that hard of a question. If you're not purposely being tone deaf.

so to you.. a stripper grabbing money off the floor ass naked isn't dehumanizing to some extent?

I'd say that would totally depend on a few different factors. But for some of them, depending on how they got there or why they doing it - I'd say it's 100% dehumanizing to some extent.

I didn't mention any method of distributing the money, in lieu of tossing it.

My question was do you think it could have been done better by not tossing it? Regardless of what better way he could have done it...just do you think a better way existed? Yes or no.

It ain't even that deep or that hard of a question. If you're not purposely being tone deaf.
Yea im sure I could think of a better way to give money to homeless/mall walkers than tossing money at em that's not my point tho

I'd say that would totally depend on a few different factors. But for some of them, depending on how they got there or why they doing it - I'd say it's 100% dehumanizing to some extent.

Fair enough.. that same benefit of the doubt should be applied to the homeless as well. Thas all I'm saying.

Enjoy the rest of ya holiday bro lol

i mean yeah, the optics of it is foul but them people had a good day otherwise

if he put on a plastic cap and some gloves for 5 mins and took pictures serving plates it would have been praised

people do backpack drives, toy drives, winter coat drives, etc... being young he was probably just thinkin ay it'll be live if I just get the streets crackin for a day lol

all the fiends chippin in buyin 8 balls, big chicken boxes in the trap, couple niggas might have actually bought they kids something or paid somebody back that dub they owed em since October

good intentions/bad taste?

i dont look at this as a clout move....that nigga is already on....this shit dont sell tickets or raise his profile none

if anything there could have been a selfish motive in him just doing it to make himself feel good but nobody's inside his mind

Back