Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fair or Foul: rapper Blueface makes it rain on the homeless

He couldve done it in a way that didnt "dehumanize" them. Then again, he couldve spent that money on coke, hoes, etc.

Again, who did he really hurt here? Nobody seemed to force anybody to partake and im sure some didnt. Im not going to judge him based on how we wouldve done something.
Neither does giving out welfare.
But I guess that's too much for now

So you are ok with creating chaos vs feeding them?
Or even buying a building to house them for short periods.

But I guess throwing money should be looked at as the Lord's work in action.
Your putting words in my mouth, I didn’t say I was okay with any of it..

I didn’t see any chaos in the video posted..

Once I give someone something I can’t tell them what to do with it or how to spend it..

Hopefully they do the right thing with the money but if not then that’s on them, I ain’t about to hold they hand, fuck I look like a social worker..

When you come from poverty instantaneously, it can be difficult to understand how to give back in a proper manner.

It happens more often than we think. Just correct the brother and don't scare him away from giving to those less fortunate in the future.

He was grandstanding, doin' it for the 'Gram and not because it was really in his heart to do it. If it was really in him to help people instead of trying to show off how rich he is (which is precisely what he was doing), he could have done it in a tactful, decent way that allowed the people to preserve whatever dignity they had left. Folks already living out on the street, now you got them scrambling around to pick up money off the ground like savages. You couldn't be a decent enough human to hand to them directly, treating them as humans as well.

Nope, he was just showing off.

Everything after the bolded is irrelevant...because the bolded is ALL I'm saying.

Fair. Youre entitled to your opinion...but there is a reason i put dehumanize in quotations

What you see as dehumanizing may simply be a guy throwing his money into the streets and people grabbing it.

He was grandstanding, doin' it for the 'Gram and not because it was really in his heart to do it. If it was really in him to help people instead of trying to show off how rich he is (which is precisely what he was doing), he could have done it in a tactful, decent way that allowed the people to preserve whatever dignity they had left. Folks already living out on the street, now you got them scrambling around to pick up money off the ground like savages. You couldn't be a decent enough human to hand to them directly, treating them as humans as well.

What if it was a random passersby recording him?

If he was just showing off he could have gone to the strip club or did a Scrooge McDuck routine on his social media.

We so quick to condemn someone for doing the right thing the wrong way. Damn.

Fair. Youre entitled to your opinion...but there is a reason i put dehumanize in quotations

What you see as dehumanizing may simply be a guy throwing his money into the streets and people grabbing it.
Why throw it tho.

If I owed you money....I saw you an I threw it at you. You gonna fight me. Am I right?

If he was just showing off he could have gone to the strip club or did a Scrooge McDuck routine on his social media.

Why do what everybody else does though? Erruhbody goes to the titty bar and makes it rain. Nobody makes it rain for the homeless.

Or maybe the wrong way for the wrong reason.

We as black people can't forget how we are treated an try to be different once we get somewhere.

I was out tha day before Xmas eve spendin’ bread on my family...later on in that afternoon me and my nigga stopped at a liquor store for some Hennessy...this cat walks up to me outside tha store and hits me with tha “Say bro...I’m not trying to come at u crazy but I just got home from tha joint 2 weeks ago and I’m just trying to get some cigs...can u help me out?!” I stopped him right there, reached in my pocket and gave homie a $20 bill...he looked at it then looked at me and started in on tha ”Man...I put in work and if you here and I’m ever here I’ll got u!! Nobody gonna fuck wit u as long as I’m here!!” I simply said “I’m glad u home and just stay home bro...” My nigga walks out and asked me who dude was...told him I didn’t know...but this is summin I try and regularly do

My point is I was happy being able to give tha OG some bread...knowing I had just spent an annoying amount of bread on my people for frivolous shit in just a few hours ...so it was no big deal to help out another person down on their “luck”....I don’t think I would have felt good about myself making dude do some push ups or making it rain on him or some shit like that...tha sentiment of helping is always good...givin’ back...but I do feel like posting vids on line or makin’ a spectacle of tha people in need of help “tarnishes” tha message...

I was out tha day before Xmas eve spendin’ bread on my family...later on in that afternoon me and my nigga stopped at a liquor store for some Hennessy...this cat walks up to me outside tha store and hits me with tha “Say bro...I’m not trying to come at u crazy but I just got home from tha joint 2 weeks ago and I’m just trying to get some cigs...can u help me out?!” I stopped him right there, reached in my pocket and gave homie a $20 bill...he looked at it then looked at me and started in on tha ”Man...I put in work and if you here and I’m ever here I’ll got u!! Nobody gonna fuck wit u as long as I’m here!!” I simply said “I’m glad u home and just stay home bro...” My nigga walks out and asked me who dude was...told him I didn’t know...but this is summin I try and regularly do

My point is I was happy being able to give tha OG some bread...knowing I had just spent an annoying amount of bread on my people for frivolous shit in just a few hours ...so it was no big deal to help out another person down on their “luck”....I don’t think I would have felt good about myself making dude do some push ups or making it rain on him or some shit like that...tha sentiment of helping is always good...givin’ back...but I do feel like posting vids on line or makin’ a spectacle of tha people in need of help “tarnishes” tha message...
I don't have a problem with people showing it as long as it's from a good place.

My wife an I try to do the same.
When we in center City philly...it's many homeless...my wife walks into a store buys some food and gives it out as we walking.
That's who she is. She spends crazy money but she still sees the bigger pic in small things. I help out people in my own way in different ways.

But helping out is always a good thing...just don't make people look or feel bad or try to stunt on ppl not in good places.

Shit ain't cool.

Or maybe the wrong way for the wrong reason.

We as black people can't forget how we are treated an try to be different once we get somewhere.
22 years old.

That's how young this man is. Which means depending on how he grew up, he still may have alot of maturing to do. The wrong reason will lead someone to do the right thing the wrong way.

Yall kill me sometimes. The grandstanding is getting on social media with your finger on the twitter... I mean trigger ready to aim and shoot anybody who does anything you even remotely disagree with and hardly anybody says "Aye bruh see you but next time consider doing it like 'this' instead of that'.

Nah, you rather talk shit to and about him until he says, "fuck it" and never gives another act of charity. Then you'll get to call him just another selfish rapper who never gave back.

Hit the feeling button

22 years old.

That's how young this man is. Which means depending on how he grew up, he still may have alot of maturing to do. The wrong reason will lead someone to do the right thing the wrong way.

Yall kill me sometimes. The grandstanding is getting on social media with your finger on the twitter... I mean trigger ready to aim and shoot anybody who does anything you even remotely disagree with and hardly anybody says "Aye bruh see you but next time consider doing it like 'this' instead of that'.

Nah, you rather talk shit to and about him until he says, "fuck it" and never gives another act of charity. Then you'll get to call him just another selfish rapper who never gave back.

Hit the feeling button
Sooo he has no grown adult guiding him?
Only ex gangbangers?

But we as black people stay on some well at least type shit.

Requiring us to be better people seem like asking a regular man to turn water into wine.

Funny how the bar is set low but no one can see it until it comes to certain people.

He s gang member but at least he ain't killing people I guess

Now that I think bout it...the fact he is young is more of a reason to act with some sense towards homeless elders.

His oldheads failed him an we seeing him as the end result of someone elses fuck up

Sooo he has no grown adult guiding him?
Only ex gangbangers?

But we as black people stay on some well at least type shit.

Requiring us to be better people seem like asking a regular man to turn water into wine.

Funny how the bar is set low but no one can see it until it comes to certain people.

He s gang member but at least he ain't killing people I guess
He has Wack100 to look up to, so...

Back