Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Facebook, Messenger, What’s App Down

So are you just constantly clicking continue to use browser when that popup comes up to ask if you wanna switch to the app? I know some sites have that and it's annoying

wait, I just realized what you're talking about:

I don't get on FB at all from my phone. Strictly my laptop or desktop, preferably my desktop 'cause I don't have a microphone or webcam attached to it.

lol @ “I don’t use social media on my phone”

it doesn’t matter. They know all. Theywatch and listen. Why do you get those advertisements? Algorithms based not only on what you’re searching for or reading but literally what you’re talking about and buying.

you own a smartdevice, you’re already tracked and in the system. Ain’t a damn thing you can do. Avoiding social media on thephone doesn’t do anything

Now if you do it to avoid the bullshit drama and addiction to it, then cool

wait, I just realized what you're talking about:

I don't get on FB at all from my phone. Strictly my laptop or desktop, preferably my desktop 'cause I don't have a microphone or webcam attached to it.
Oh ok. That makes sense. I thought you were still using the browser from your phone

it doesn’t matter. They know all. Theywatch and listen. Why do you get those advertisements? Algorithms based not only on what you’re searching for or reading but literally what you’re talking about and buying.

you own a smartdevice, you’re already tracked and in the system. Ain’t a damn thing you can do. Avoiding social media on thephone doesn’t do anything

That last point is why I do it. I feel like the only reason people do shit on there is to say “hey, look at how great my life is!!” And they real life be sad as fuck. They really just trying to convince themselves.

I post shit on here because I like the fact everybody here are total strangers.

My social media for my real life is my text group with my family and close friends. Their opinion matters more than anyone else. My exes and people I no longer have contact with don’t need to know all that shit.

I am on fb on average for maybe 30 minutes a week. Twitter I get all my news from. The flow of information there is massive. I hardly use IG. Tiktok has most of my mindless scrolling time… I get a lot of cooking, gardening, art from there..

YouTube is my biggest consumption of anything for an app.

By and large, I use my phone as a phone. The occasional text message, snap pics here and there, and mp3's stashed on it for music when I'm out and about. No streaming, no social media, no none of that. GPS is off unless I have a need for it (which is rare). Bluetooth and near field communications are turned off as well.

My desktop is the preferred machine for using Facebook 'cause there's no microphone or camera attached, so there's no way to "hear" what I'm talking about.
I keep my browsing siloed by browser as well: I use FB from Edge. It's the only thing I use that browser so I really don't get ads while on FB excpet for those that target people in my general area by ip address. My business management is done in Chrome, this site is strictly accessed from Firefox, and I have a few sites I access from Opera.

Going further: I do all of my client work from a series of virtual machines further encapsulating everything so any research I do on those don't get mucked up by ads and shit that would target me.

No bruh, I have shit pretty well under control on my machines. You don't, and that's understandable. I've been preaching this shit since the IC.

Back