Welcome To aBlackWeb

Evictions to hit 750,000 households, Goldman says

I didn't give in to shit. I saw that the people were simply unwilling to do shit and when you hit that point you gotta refocus your efforts.

So use the word refocus if you want. The end result is still conceding to a system you admit needs to be changed. You just don't see yourself as one of the people to be part of that change. And again that's cool if that's the path you decide to take...but result is still the same which is no change for you and yours. Just a way go live and exist more comfortably within what already exists

The pandemic fucked my business up as well bro. I started my own cabling and consulting company. I started off nice had 2 contracts paying about 10k per bldg. Then shit went left and the company slowed down on everything. ☹

Yeah, last year was suppose to be the year I needed to hire contractors. I had a client lined up and he basically said "I have as much work as you can handle", and at the rate I was charging shit would have been sweet as fuck for me. Then we went into lockdown and every one of his clients either closed or remained open with a skeleton crew. All that biz just gone.

So use the word refocus if you want. The end result is still conceding to a system you admit needs to be changed. You just don't see yourself as one of the people to be part of that change. And again that's cool if that's the path you decide to take...but result is still the same which is no change for you and yours. Just a way go live and exist more comfortably within what already exists

Bruh, if the people are unwilling, what's left to do? I've been telling y'all since the IC that I've been trying my best to better the people, mostly focused on Black and Native people. But after so long you realize that the people ain't trying to move with you, so then what?

My family still gotta eat.

Imma say this once not to adress anyone. But because I come from a government that fails its people daily and is not in the western world. If you think what you have is bad, trust me there is a lot worse. If you believe the option is to be cynical on your own government then you already lost. You cant change by doing nothing. Grab crumbs or shake the dinning table - but if you don't do either or anything in between you lose. COVID is proof.
Where u from? Just outta curiosity

sheeeeeeit, I'm broke as a joke right now.
3RoS.gif

Maybe this ain't related to this thread but I'ma share it regardless.

Someone close to me born & raised in Lebanon and lived a significant time of his life in France moved to US before the pandemic.

Along with visa, green card, social security issues, the pandemic made it hard af for him to work specially since the gov offices he needed to establish himself were closed. He did some odd jobs where he could and been holding his own however he can.

His own words was he felt like he was drowning and everyday thought about going back.

Got a legit job that said they aren't worried he doesn't have his social yet. Come work and we got u. Not a career choice just something stable close to where he stays until his paperwork goes thru (it's finally happening).

A few weeks later he wasn't getting paid. They told him they can't help bc he doesn't have his social yet. He was literally befuddled bc his view of America was drastically different than what he was experiencing. The land of the free and land of opportunity where u can be whatever u want to be....wasn't paying him for his hard work bc they didn't have to.

I had to tell him....bro....

200 (2).gif

Smarten up!
15b6acb6-7d00-4d3f-813e-cd9236b7917f_200_10.gif

admittedly....hearing what he been thru in his home town and it being so bad he left everything he had, there is still an understanding that he rather be here than anywhere else.

Maybe this ain't related to this thread but I'ma share it regardless.

Someone close to me born & raised in Lebanon and lived a significant time of his life in France moved to US before the pandemic.

Along with visa, green card, social security issues, the pandemic made it hard af for him to work specially since the gov offices he needed to establish himself were closed. He did some odd jobs where he could and been holding his own however he can.

His own words was he felt like he was drowning and everyday thought about going back.

Got a legit job that said they aren't worried he doesn't have his social yet. Come work and we got u. Not a career choice just something stable close to where he stays until his paperwork goes thru (it's finally happening).

A few weeks later he wasn't getting paid. They told him they can't help bc he doesn't have his social yet. He was literally befuddled bc his view of America was drastically different than what he was experiencing. The land of the free and land of opportunity where u can be whatever u want to be....wasn't paying him for his hard work bc they didn't have to.

I had to tell him....bro....

View attachment 632289

Smarten up!
View attachment 632290

admittedly....hearing what he been thru in his home town and it being so bad he left everything he had, there is still an understanding that he rather be here than anywhere else.
People don’t understand the privilege they have in the first world.

the feeling too entitled to higher tiered shit while not putting in higher tiered work.
No one in here can say they will live a 20k lifestyle once they make 60k.
I say that all to say.......,the money is there. Obstacles may blind you into thinking you can’t get it.....but a person from a shanty town or favela sees opportunities and tiny speed bumps.

Bruh, if the people are unwilling, what's left to do? I've been telling y'all since the IC that I've been trying my best to better the people, mostly focused on Black and Native people. But after so long you realize that the people ain't trying to move with you, so then what?

My family still gotta eat.

Look at what I'm actually saying and stop being so defensive. I said I completely understand why you made the pivot you did. I just also said to call it what it is and it's a move that does nothing to further induce change in this system which again you agree is fucked up. So from that standpoint being hostile towards others who make a similar decision makes no sense because it's based in the same idea. Feeling as if there's no change coming so there needs to be a way to cope. For some it's to remove themselves for others such as yourself it's to become an active participant in the system the way it is.

the feeling too entitled to higher tiered shit while not putting in higher tiered work.
I say that all to say.......,the money is there. Obstacles may blind you into thinking you can’t get it.....but a person from a shanty town or favela sees opportunities and tiny speed bumps.

Bro why you do that? We understand our privilege but we want better for everybody worldwide. You consistently miss that part and idk if your offended by it or something. It’s wrong to want Americans to have a better ice and it’s wrong to want non Americans to have a better life is what you’re saying?

Quick question why are they coming from a shanty town in the first place? You do know most American privilege is based on exploiting third world countries and leaving them fucked up so a few can make billions. Is that the goal?

Look at what I'm actually saying and stop being so defensive. I said I completely understand why you made the pivot you did. I just also said to call it what it is and it's a move that does nothing to further induce change in this system which again you agree is fucked up. So from that standpoint being hostile towards others who make a similar decision makes no sense because it's based in the same idea. Feeling as if there's no change coming so there needs to be a way to cope. For some it's to remove themselves for others such as yourself it's to become an active participant in the system the way it is.

The problem is that you're trying to make it into something it ain't. It's not "caving into the system", it's not "playing by the rules given" either. Making your own way is neither of those things. The problem here is that the way you're framing it is an underhanded diss and you're acting like we don't see your words for what they are. I see it and I'm pretty sure @DOS_patos and @Old Man Cain see it as well.

The problem is that you're trying to make it into something it ain't. It's not "caving into the system", it's not "playing by the rules given" either. Making your own way is neither of those things. The problem here is that the way you're framing it is an underhanded diss and you're acting like we don't see your words for what they are. I see it and I'm pretty sure @DOS_patos and @Old Man Cain see it as well.

But it’s literally working within the system with their rules. If they stop giving business loans to niggas then what? Or say they the price goes up on some materials you need. You still gotta play they game to an extent.

what blackrain is saying is y’all complain about the folks who want change because you’re not trying to see change as realistic or ever happening. So you playing the game don’t change anything. And you said sitting out don’t change anything. Seems like you don’t want to viewed that way and that’s where you’re offended.

If I wanted to diss you I'd do it outright and not covertly because let's keep it real you've given plenty of ammo to do so in this thread and I would've just simply took easy way out and done it. Iasked a question based on shit being said in this thread and that was it. Shit you responded to me, I didn't even directly quote you so clearly there was something in my posts that made you want to respond. Regardless of what you want title or phrasing you want to give it the moment you decided I'm done doing it this way" and decided to make the best of it the best way you know how you bought into this bullshit system of "I can pull myself up out of this mess" when the reality is no matter how far you go, you're still going to part of this bullshit system that does more harm than good no matter how much you and yours accumulate in the process. And the only way to accumulate shit is to play this fucked up game by their fucked up rules. All that "i'll make my own" shit is just a rephrasing of "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" so regardless of whether you realize it or not your own words show that you have bought into the pipe dream that this country sells about how you can or can't make it.

Back