Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

My thoughts on this in particular...

if those 3 or 4 cops go to jail because some video comes out of them doing some fuck shit.... the likelihood of other cops and people in their position repeating said fuckery would decrease....

IF justice was handed out REGULARLY and OFTEN for that type of shit... the problem is that it's not... and we get slapped in the face way too often when we can see clear as day that the cop/cops are dead wrong on video and they still get away with it

Exactly!!!

thats what kills me. a whole video that shows exactly what happened and then boom* JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE

My thoughts on this in particular...

if those 3 or 4 cops go to jail because some video comes out of them doing some fuck shit.... the likelihood of other cops and people in their position repeating said fuckery would decrease....

IF justice was handed out REGULARLY and OFTEN for that type of shit... the problem is that it's not... and we get slapped in the face way too often when we can see clear as day that the cop/cops are dead wrong on video and they still get away with it

And it makes your stomach hurt and head hurt every time

It’s saying if you need a video to feel empathy for somebody killed by police instead of just empathy period. Why would you need to see the actual violent act in order to garner sympathy.

But I get it for some people seems a very small number btw but for some people maybe one of those videos changed how they interacted with black people. But more often than not it does not change how police interact with us. And we know a lot of the time those charges will be lowered.

If there wasn’t video Rodney King would have just been a nigga w a pumpkin head in the ER.... who would have taken him seriously if he tried to file charges against those cops?

again, its like the Emmett Till comparison lol

this aint 1955 nor is it 1991.

rodney king was prolific because it was the first of its kind right? Black folxs in LA and across the nation had been complaining about police repression for decades and finally they were caught on video

and then subsequently acquitted.

3637382882 rodney kings later, the needle hasnt moved.

It’s saying if you need a video to feel empathy for somebody killed by police instead of just empathy period. Why would you need to see the actual violent act in order to garner sympathy.

i thought it was easy to understand :/

rodney king was prolific because it was the first of its kind right? Black folxs in LA and across the nation had been complaining about police repression for decades and finally they were caught on video

Ok this is a different issue

Oh I get it.

This is the weak asking for protection for their sensitive sensibilities. Ladies and children and such.

The rest of us that are emboldened don't need shelter from the sight of gore.
The same reason they staunchly undermine the conscious community. Its all about keeping their heads in the sands. Niggas want the fight against racism out of sight and out of mind, bottom line

I agree for the most part but I cant say it renders the videos completely pointless. Sucks to say but on a rare occasion it does bring some level of justice to the perpetrators.

What I'd like to pivot this conversation to is... if sharing videos of fuckery isn't working... what can we do to right the wrongs these assholes are perpetuating on us and people that look like us.

In my mind exposing them.. their crimes... their names... their addresses and the connections to people of power that they have could go a long way in deterring that type of behavior. What yall think?

I like this. honoring our brother and sisters by not sharing their deaths online, and using our collective power to bring down these fucked up cops. life shouldnt be easy for them after being outed as a murderer.

they arent afraid and the consequences are too low.

The same reason they staunchly undermine the conscious community. Its all about keeping their heads in the sands. Niggas want the fight against racism out of sight and out of mind, bottom line

youve already been exposed as someone that barks and never bites.

we know you and your little caravan of “conscious clownballs” aint killing cops nor are you guys protecting Black folks in your community much less in your own home so pls

the whole cop killing angle leaves much to be desired imo.

we need tangible ideas. not hotep wet dreams

So ur issue is with the American justice system? Should have just made a thread about that

youve already been exposed as someone that barks and never bites.

we know you and your little caravan of “conscious clownballs” aint killing cops nor are you guys protecting Black folks in your community much less in your home so pls
Lies and babble

This nothing to do with killing cops. Any way, this all boils down to your complacency.

Back