Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

We already know law enforcement gets the benefit of doubt and are presumed to be justified in their actions off the rip... AND have been known to lie... so how can we really and truly rally around the victims WITHOUT video evidence to confront their lies with?

This a bad example to use.

We rally around the victims just cause they black and if video comes out of the black person being wrong then so fucking be it. The police don't need video to rally and get behind those lying ass officers. So we shouldn't NEED video just to show our support to a fellow black person.

A post was brought up about the civil rights movement and the protests and marches. There wasn't video of shit happening to black people back then. But through word of mouth and just a good faith feeling behind fellow black people. Other black people took the victim at their word and those people got out there and put shit into action in the best way they thought they should.

No reason we shouldn't just support and rally until proven otherwise. No reason we as black people shouldn't take the same fuck that shit stance that the police and government do when they are proven wrong and shown that officer and/or prosecutor flat out lied if a video comes out. They don't give a fuck that they supported a lie they just give a fuck about supporting they own against a group of people they see as their mortal enemy.

We as black people need to adopt that same attitude until shit gets better.

My fellow DC brethren said best!!!!!
JVCb.gif

We knew what he meant though. You really think he literally meant no one knew about it?

Given how many people are just now finding out how long this situation has been going on it's not outside the realm of possibility he legit thought the incident had no traction at all til the video came out. I've seen many say the very same over the past 24 hrs who think this murder happened days ago as opposed to months ago

Given how many people are just now finding out how long this situation has been going on it's not outside the realm of possibility he legit thought the incident had no traction at all til the video came out. I've seen many say the very same over the past 24 hrs who think this murder happened days ago as opposed to months ago
It didn’t gain traction til the video went viral. That’s a fact.

To see how egregious the confrontation was

Interesting.

After seeing dozens of these videos and reading about dozens of others, I guess I feel like at this point, I don’t need to watch the video and see how egregious it was...cuz I know it was egregious. It gets to the point where how far over the line a certain incident is doesn’t matter...cuz they’re all over the gotdamn line.

You had questions about the level of egregiousness. Therefore, you watched the video to gauge that. That makes sense. I just don’t have those questions.

Salute to you for answering the gotdamn question.

Last edited:
Even with footage you still get shit like this.

I know theyre white supremacist trolls and they gotta stay on code but damn. He says "It looks like he tried to wrestler a shotgun from someone" as if its cool to be confronted by a shotgun, that's a given. Their logic is mindboggling

When our elders called them white devils back in the day they were spot on

Nothing was done until the video came out so without it what was happening.

Stop fucking lying. People in GA was doing shit before the fucking video came out. When the shit went viral then more things started happening but shit was already in motion before the video came out.

Why do you keep lying? What are you getting out of telling lies?

Stop fucking lying. People in GA was doing shit before the fucking video came out. When the shit went viral then more things started happening but shit was already in motion before the video came out.

Why do you keep lying? What are you getting out of telling lies?
And those dudes was at home chilling so like I said nothing happened until the video was viewed

So until the white man gets off his ass and does something about it nothing happened.

So all those black people in GA who been doing shit about it since it happened equals nothing happening.

Shit ain't even sad no more the way some black people think.

It didn’t gain traction til the video went viral. That’s a fact.

No his name was trending nationally and it had gotten attention before the video came out. There had already been an announcement that the DA would be looking into presenting the case to a grand jury...and then the video came out. You can go look and see that's how the timeline went in terms of awareness of what happened.

No his name was trending nationally and it had gotten attention before the video came out. There had already been an announcement that the DA would be looking into presenting the case to a grand jury...and then the video came out. You can go look and see that's how the timeline went in terms of awareness of what happened.
Correct but the video accelerated the process significantly. That grand jury talk was on some feet dragging, blaming the pandemic shit. Talking about mid June. Video got leaked, 2 days later the murderers are arrested

Some of yall need to understand that when something goes viral doesn't mean that is when work started getting put in about said event.

Usually the work being put in locally for a period of time is what actually causes the event to go viral. Which in some cases help said event get more traction and action and maybe even some decent results legally.

hmmm to me, Emmett Till was necessary considering the times. an open casket exposed the entire world to the atrocities Black ppl faced at the hands of the state.

but, it’s not 1955. I don’t think we need to use Till as a precedent anymore... per se. plus the open casket was the mothers wishes, have we ever been informed of mike brown, walter scott, tamir rice family members wishes??

plus i want ppl to understand suffering and democratic action our not interdependent. suffering doesn't hold the power to garner systematic change. its imperative we understand that suffering and death did not give us "rights" it was leveraging the images of our suffering (Emmett till, Rosa being fingerprinted before going to jail, Montgomery Bus Boycott, March on Birmingham, voting rights march Mar. 7th 1965, The Birmingham children's crusade, being attacked by dogs and water hoses etc) that gave way to us being able access certain levels of freedom within society.

these videos that folks are using as “leverage” or “awareness” have done absouletly nothing but keep Black folks in a constant state of disemobodiment. perpetual decapitation.

we watch these videos, we grow angry, we wait/we march/we come up with hashtags/ and so often nothing happens or we see a cop be sentenced to jail-time —only to wake up to another cop shooting the next day/week/month. its a endless cycle and thats what scares me. the repetition of it all.

What is our recourse when we can see a video and surmise clear as day what happened.. and a racist judge and jury make a determination that doesn't represent the reality?

this is a great question and honestly idk. ummmm i try not to have an apathetic politic when it comes to shit like this but racism, police corruption and repression is so ingrained in society that i dont how it can ever be reformed.

as you may know, im for the complete abolishment of police and these violent institutions that have been railroading Black ppl for years.

thats the only way i see us being able to live comfortably.
Shit I can't see how we would be able to live comfortably without them either... we're on a spinning wheel no matter what

So until the white man gets off his ass and does something about it nothing happened.

So all those black people in GA who been doing shit about it since it happened equals nothing happening.

Shit ain't even sad no more the way some black people think.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think youre missing the point. example, remember when those two white journalist were shot and killed on camera and the media refused to show it? but had walter scotts lynching on loop? why are white ppl granted agency and autonomy postmortem but Black ppl are not?

white ppl have died en masse and the media never showed their bodies but let it be one of us in the hood or africa or iran, its primetime news...
Holocaust the only time... maybe incidental shots from mass shootings

This a bad example to use.

We rally around the victims just cause they black and if video comes out of the black person being wrong then so fucking be it. The police don't need video to rally and get behind those lying ass officers. So we shouldn't NEED video just to show our support to a fellow black person.

A post was brought up about the civil rights movement and the protests and marches. There wasn't video of shit happening to black people back then. But through word of mouth and just a good faith feeling behind fellow black people. Other black people took the victim at their word and those people got out there and put shit into action in the best way they thought they should.

No reason we shouldn't just support and rally until proven otherwise. No reason we as black people shouldn't take the same fuck that shit stance that the police and government do when they are proven wrong and shown that officer and/or prosecutor flat out lied if a video comes out. They don't give a fuck that they supported a lie they just give a fuck about supporting they own against a group of people they see as their mortal enemy.

We as black people need to adopt that same attitude until shit gets better.

My fellow DC brethren said best!!!!!
JVCb.gif

Not mad at this take at all... I'm just of the opinion... that both can be done. Doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

Like it or not those video mobilize many people that would have otherwise known nothing about it.

Seeing these videos over and over are detrimental to us as a people.... Agreed that it's not healthy for us... neither is getting shot in the fuckin street for doing nothing other than going for a jog and white folks thought you were up to no good

Cant say back in the day seeing black folks peacefully protesting being attacked by dogs, police and sprayed with water hoses did NOTHING.

Seeing those images mobilized many

Not mad at this take at all... I'm just of the opinion... that both can be done. Doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

Like it or not those video mobilize many people that would have otherwise known nothing about it.

Seeing these videos over and over are detrimental to us as a people.... Agreed that it's not healthy for us... neither is getting shot in the fuckin street for doing nothing other than going for a jog and white folks thought you were up to no good

Cant say back in the day seeing black folks peacefully protesting being attacked by dogs, police and sprayed with water hoses did NOTHING.

Seeing those images mobilized many

When I say that about videos regarding the civil rights movement I meant that from the stand point of people doing shit nationally at the same time about a local issue they never seen at all. They made moves based off unity of us all being black not because of video evidence.

The videos as we both agree need to be seen but not on a loop got many others involved who probably done nothing without the video.

Back