Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

I think one reason you need to watch the videos is so you can have your own opinion. Me and @5th Letter watched the same video with different opinions. So if you didn't watch it, but asked us to tell you what happened you'd get 2 different stories.

You can't say you don't like/trust news outlets, but prefer they tell you what happened instead of watching raw footage that's available.

Are the videos needed? Yes they are.

Do the videos need to be posted by hundreds of thousands of people on social media and shown on the tv news every hour on the hour everyday for days on end? No they don't.

thank you. thats it.

I agree 100%

I think one reason you need to watch the videos is so you can have your own opinion. Me and @5th Letter watched the same video with different opinions. So if you didn't watch it, but asked us to tell you what happened you'd get 2 different stories.

You can't say you don't like/trust news outlets, but prefer they tell you what happened instead of watching raw footage that's available.
Even with footage you still get shit like this.

Even with footage you still get shit like this.

Exactly. And those comments aren't incorrect really. But without watching the video, people are missing out on context, and more of the truth. Like if someone refused to watch the video, and asked me if those tweets were accurate, I'd say yes. Then they may go off thinking Ahmaud was in the wrong.

It's willful ignorance at a point. Choosing a 2nd hand account when a first hand account is available.

@Race Jones

I hear what you're saying, but where's the line between respecting the dead and covering up a crime? This is a good example of what happens when we don't show a video, but instead let the justice system handle it. You have a dead black man with no consequence.

if a persons family wishes to make the videos public, show them.

it not? dont.

Q. do these videos have to be shared widely??? are we not able to mourn and mobilize without a spectacle?

@Race Jones

I hear what you're saying, but where's the line between respecting the dead and covering up a crime? This is a good example of what happens when we don't show a video, but instead let the justice system handle it. You have a dead black man with no consequence.

Doesn’t that happen anyway many times. Police choked a man out on camera

Exactly. And those comments aren't incorrect really. But without watching the video, people are missing out on context, and more of the truth. Like if someone refused to watch the video, and asked me if those tweets were accurate, I'd say yes. Then they may go off thinking Ahmaud was in the wrong.

It's willful ignorance at a point. Choosing a 2nd hand account when a first hand account is available.

I wouldnt believe racist faceless twitter accounts if there were 8 different narratives on what happened

what is going on here?

Last edited:
We wouldn't see the criminals unless the video was showed. Nobody knew about this murder until the video went viral and this happened 2 damn months ago

wrong. Black activist in GA have been rallying around this case for months

i suggest you make a twitter account

Back