Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

Never said they were. That's discussion isn't about being forced to watch them. It's the absurd idea some of ya'll have that not seeing the video or not wanting to see somebody be killed means you're somehow disconnected or don't want to know what's going on. And that's just dumb
The point remains this. We need to see who these criminals are. We don't get the benefit of the doubt compared to them.

That in theory sounds good but it's never going to be the same as when black criminals are shown all day everyday because we don't control the narrative of white criminals.

The same news you're talking will show a black person and a white person do the exact same shit. Yet when they tell the stories the crime committed by the black person will be told as a black people as a whole race issue with that crime. When the white person story is told it will be told as the white person was a lone wolf and not a reflection of the whole white race with that crime.

Maybe if I use a bigger font in will sink in.

I'm not saying not to show the videos at all ever. What I am saying is that the videos DO NOT NEED TO BE SHOWN MILLIONS OF TIMES ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE TV NEWS EVERYDAY FOR MONTHS STRAIGHT.

Mannnn take that big ass font down, haha. Ok so where's the sweet spot on how much it should be shared/shown?

Actually people did know. The story slowly picked up steam over the past couple weeks through social media and articles have been written for a while now. The video was just the icing on the cake. And you can still see the criminals and watch the video and stop before the actual murder is committed. That's what's so confusing. Why are people so hell bent on saying you MUST see the murder? Why exactly do you need to watch somebody be killed?

The video was more than icing on the cake. The video was the smoking gun. Without it these guys would probably still be free of consequence. Like I said before... videos get more of a reaction than someone retelling the story. Ray Rice is an example.

The point remains this. We need to see who these criminals are. We don't get the benefit of the doubt compared to them.

See the criminals on the same news that will show a mugshot of a black person but a family photo of a white person who has committed the same crime? Of course we don't get the benefit of the doubt, that still don't mean it's healthy nor a requirement to watch every one of these videos of a black person being murdered as some are trying to state in here.

Mannnn take that big ass font down, haha. Ok so where's the sweet spot on how much it should be shared/shown?

LLS, that wasn't really for you. Just happened to put it in that reply.

Truthfully I don't know what the sweet spot is but I will say this. All those social media platforms program certain things to automatically be blocked out. They're not going to do it but my suggestion is that they could write a code to after a few days to a week automatically block anybody from reposting the video and if a person wants to watch it have them click a link that takes them to a place where they can watch the video.

Seeing those types of videos on a continuous loop for any and everybody to just easily see no matter the age of the person just ain't a good thing to me.

Honestly I'm already desensitized to way too much shit so the videos don't actually bother me but I know I'm that way because all the shit I've seen growing up. Don't need more becoming that way is where I'm coming from. Shit just ain't a good thing IMO.

See the criminals on the same news that will show a mugshot of a black person but a family photo of a white person who has committed the same crime? Of course we don't get the benefit of the doubt, that still don't mean it's healthy nor a requirement to watch every one of these videos of a black person being murdered as some are trying to state in here.
When they have video footage of black people doing crimes they don’t hesitate to show it. What are you talking about? Let a black man kill a white person and it’s caught on camera they’ll show it over and over to rile up white people...

When they have video footage of black people doing crimes they don’t hesitate to show it. What are you talking about? Let a black man kill a white person and it’s caught on camera they’ll show it over and over to rile up white people...

You missed the point...you said "we need to see the criminals" and I pointed out how the media will let you "see the criminals" in whatever way they want regardless of the crime committed

LLS, that wasn't really for you. Just happened to put it in that reply.

Truthfully I don't know what the sweet spot is but I will say this. All those social media platforms program certain things to automatically be blocked out. They're not going to do it but my suggestion is that they could write a code to after a few days to a week automatically block anybody from reposting the video and if a person wants to watch it have them click a link that takes them to a place where they can watch the video.

Seeing those types of videos on a continuous loop for any and everybody to just easily see no matter the age of the person just ain't a good thing to me.

Honestly I'm already desensitized to way too much shit so the videos don't actually bother me but I know I'm that way because all the shit I've seen growing up. Don't need more becoming that way is where I'm coming from. Shit just ain't a good thing IMO.

I hear you. I just think that can become a slippery slope to allow cover ups in the future, and also erases history.

Rodney King got beat on 30 years ago. I'm glad I can still see that footage if I want to instead of having to read an article someone wrote on it.

You missed the point...you said "we need to see the criminals" and I pointed out how the media will let you "see the criminals" in whatever way they want regardless of the crime committed
And my point is that they post videos so we can see the criminals in action if the crime is caught on tape.

I think those videos need to be seen.

I don't like to see them,but it's better than nobody seeing what black ppl go through.

I hear you. I just think that can become a slippery slope to allow cover ups in the future, and also erases history.

Rodney King got beat on 30 years ago. I'm glad I can still see that footage if I want to instead of having to read an article someone wrote on it.

I'm not saying people should have no way to ever see the video again. I would never say anything like that. I'm just saying after a certain point it shouldn't just be on a continuous loop any and everywhere.

And my point is that they post videos so we can see the criminals in action if the crime is caught on tape.

And what others are saying is that 1. Seeing the crimes isn't a guarantee that something will be done and 2. There's only but so many times you need to see certain crimes being done and there's nothing wrong with not wanting to see somebody be murdered.

There is really only one problem here, and that is the media consistently using videos of black people being murdered as entertainment. Which illustrates the fact that they clearly don't see us as human, since they wouldn't dream of showing a loop of uncensored video of white people being murdered over and over and over and over again.

That's it.

Full stop.

Beyond that, no issues with the videos. Because we can choose to watch them or not. For those of you who wanna continue watching each new one that comes out...over and over again...for some strange reason...then cool. And for those of us who can't really think of a valid reason to keep watching the videos, also cool. We can all make that decision for ourselves on an individual basis.

But fucking CNN showing a video loop of niggas like me being murdered? Na.

And what others are saying is that 1. Seeing the crimes isn't a guarantee that something will be done and 2. There's only but so many times you need to see certain crimes being done and there's nothing wrong with not wanting to see somebody be murdered.
No one said it’s a guarantee either, and no one is forcing anyone to watch anything. You can change the channel or look away or don’t click play man. It’s about exposing these criminals. Even if the criminals get off at least we know the truth as opposed to whatever story the criminals present to us...

There is really only one problem here, and that is the media consistently using videos of black people being murdered as entertainment. Which illustrates the fact that they clearly don't see us as human, since they wouldn't dream of showing a loop of uncensored video of white people being murdered over and over and over and over again.

That's it.

Full stop.

Beyond that, no issues with the videos. Because we can choose to watch them or not. For those of you who wanna continue watching each new one that comes out...over and over again...for some strange reason...then cool. And for those of us who can't really think of a valid reason to keep watching the videos, also cool. We can all make that decision for ourselves on an individual basis.

But fucking CNN showing a video loop of niggas like me being murdered? Na.
I only watched the video of Ahmaud Arbery’s murder like twice. I don’t go around repeatedly watching murders over and over like it’s something to do. And I assume most people aren’t constantly watching it over and over like that.

No one said it’s a guarantee either, and no one is forcing anyone to watch anything. You can change the channel or look away or don’t click play man. It’s about exposing these criminals. Even if the criminals get off at least we know the truth as opposed to whatever story the criminals present to us...

And the idea that those who choose not to watch are somehow weak or disengaged? Do you agree with that too?

I only watched the video of Ahmaud Arbery’s murder like twice. I don’t go around repeatedly watching murders over and over like it’s something to do. And I assume most people aren’t constantly watching it over and over like that.

Serious questions: Why did you watch it? Why did you watch it again? I'm curious.

Back