Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

According to CNN the GBI is supposed to be hold a press conference right now. Does anybody know a channel its on or have a link?

You can see the criminals w/o choosing to also watch the murder replayed repeatedly.

giphy.gif

The fact that people are willfully choosing to ignore the effects of desensitization on the minds of people and how that plays along in a fucked up view that they already of black people is just fucking retarded.

@Race Jones

I hear what you're saying, but where's the line between respecting the dead and covering up a crime? This is a good example of what happens when we don't show a video, but instead let the justice system handle it. You have a dead black man with no consequence.

We wouldn't see the criminals unless the video was showed. Nobody knew about this murder until the video went viral and this happened 2 damn months ago

You don't have to lie. People been knew about the murder 2 months ago. The video just came out. Knowing about the murder and ain't the same as the video of the murder making the story about the murder go viral.

The fact that people are willfully choosing to ignore the effects of desensitization on the minds of people and how that plays along in a fucked up view that they already of black people is just fucking retarded.

I think black criminals are shown everywhere (film, news, etc), and that has an impact on how people subconsciously view black people. So I'm all for making white criminals and the true ugliness of their crime front page news.

You don't have to lie. People been knew about the murder 2 months ago. The video just came out. Knowing about the murder and ain't the same as the video of the murder making the story about the murder go viral.
Since you wanna dot every i and cross every t nobody knew outside that city but you knew what I saying

We wouldn't see the criminals unless the video was showed. Nobody knew about this murder until the video went viral and this happened 2 damn months ago

Actually people did know. The story slowly picked up steam over the past couple weeks through social media and articles have been written for a while now. The video was just the icing on the cake. And you can still see the criminals and watch the video and stop before the actual murder is committed. That's what's so confusing. Why are people so hell bent on saying you MUST see the murder? Why exactly do you need to watch somebody be killed?

Is anyone holding a gun to you making you or anyone watch these videos? Yes or No?

Never said they were. That's discussion isn't about being forced to watch them. It's the absurd idea some of ya'll have that not seeing the video or not wanting to see somebody be killed means you're somehow disconnected or don't want to know what's going on. And that's just dumb

I think black criminals are shown everywhere (film, news, etc), and that has an impact on how people subconsciously view black people. So I'm all for making white criminals and the true ugliness of their crime front page news.

That in theory sounds good but it's never going to be the same as when black criminals are shown all day everyday because we don't control the narrative of white criminals.

The same news you're talking will show a black person and a white person do the exact same shit. Yet when they tell the stories the crime committed by the black person will be told as a black people as a whole race issue with that crime. When the white person story is told it will be told as the white person was a lone wolf and not a reflection of the whole white race with that crime.

Maybe if I use a bigger font in will sink in.

I'm not saying not to show the videos at all ever. What I am saying is that the videos DO NOT NEED TO BE SHOWN MILLIONS OF TIMES ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE TV NEWS EVERYDAY FOR MONTHS STRAIGHT.

Back