Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

I see both sides if this debate

On one hand yes...why cant we have autonomy and respect to not have these videos plastered everywhere and shared constantly. Numbing us to this violence with every view

but on the other hand...if these videos dont come out...then the lie the perpetrators tell stands...recent history is showing that there are actual investigations and convictions because the evidence is plain as day....and for some reason in today's climate...social pressure is actually pishing for action to be taken

now the real question

how do we atop this shit from happening?

re-implement the Black Codes of the BP Party?

responding to violence with violence?

Im looking at being proactive as a people vice reactive...

Im not even gonna hold yall...

shit is getting scarier and scarier for me man...

im not even worried about me anymore

I have an 11 yr old son who is crossing that threshold...everyday he looking less and less like a “kid”

Its a lot to handle...to try not to walk around with a spirit of fear...

Images of mistreatment were being shared by sicko's long before a video camera.
The images being abused by the public is just the nature of the beast.
They would/do share it, and make it, among themselves regardless of how we feel about it.

What matters for us is that we have the evidence we need when mistreatment is done.
It's a weapon we can use against deception, that's what facts are for.
We need this stuff as evidence to address problems that could go unnoticed.
And given the level of ignorance that many still live in, a lot of stuff would be unknown and unpunished without proper footage.

So yes, the evidence does help.
And we keep on showing it for as long as it takes till the problem is solved.

Images of mistreatment were being shared by sicko's long before a video camera.
The images being abused by the public is just the nature of the beast.
They would/do share it, and make it, among themselves regardless of how we feel about it.

What matters for us is that we have the evidence we need when mistreatment is done.
It's a weapon we can use against deception, that's what facts are for.
We need this stuff as evidence to address problems that could go unnoticed.
And given the level of ignorance that many still live in, a lot of stuff would be unknown and unpunished without proper footage.

So yes, the evidence does help.
And we keep on showing it for as long as it takes till the problem is solved.

so i guess we will keep re-traumatizing ourselves for another 100 years.

great plan

Are the videos needed? Yes they are.

Do the videos need to be posted by hundreds of thousands of people on social media and shown on the tv news every hour on the hour everyday for days on end? No they don't.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand or how anybody can say it's anti-black or weak to not want to see these images repeatedly...

Picture of the criminals without replaying that video over for the millionth time. I see criminals
Video-shows-arrest-of-Gregory-Travis-McMichael-in-Ahmaud-Arbery.jpg

My whole argument was about recorded interactions having the power to impact a court decision...

If that argument isn't being admitted into this debate, I really lack the interest to see what y'all talking about now.... Cuz it's really that simple to me

You record shit so it can be used at evidence...

If y'all wanna talk about the integrity of the court and Justice system, an how none of that matter.... Then again that ain't the convo for me....I ain't qualified to have a detailed conversation about shit I really don't know much about without completely talking out my ass...

But I do know recordings can be used as evidence in court, an I personally saw it.

That's the only contribution I can make to this conversation.

Now I'm off to do laundry, and play call of duty...

Be safe everybody

What kinda bullshit is this?

You just gonna say Call of Duty and not say if it's Warzone, multiplayer, or what?

Back