Welcome To aBlackWeb

do videos of Black folks dying on camera help or harm?

Look.. the reason yall hate tariq is same reason you cower behind the LGBT and intersectionality is the same reason you're now saying stop recording videos

YALL ARE SCARED

YALL ARE DESPERATE TO DISENGAGE

Yall are shook to death of white supremacy and just want to cover your eyes and ears

Yall are not gonna fight back, whether in real life, online, financially or otherwise

Yalls stances are the same as discouraging other slaves from running away. Yall would stay on the Plantation where its "safe"

Ya'll are afraid... and thats ok, but just say so

I dont fuck with tariq and the other buffoon because i can spot bullshit hustle from a mile away these niggas are akin to prosperity preachers and hustlers.. there are plenty of people who do and who have done real work and they have been shitted on.

Seeing what the video has done for the Ahmaud arbery case answers the question this thread is asking. Look at the traction the case has picked up since the video was released. It has forced authorities to act. It has given exposure to a case that otherwise woulda been covered up as a thug killed while robbing people. So in this case, the video being released did more good than harm, or so we hope. We'll just have to see what kinda "justice" is served.

Also would you stop at recording or would you intervene? If you just gonna record and upload it to Facebook. Most people wouldn’t intervene for obvious reasons. But I don’t how watching cops kill us over and over again with no real consequence is supposed to help black people.
Id intervene if i felt it. Impulse is a motherfucka, but me and mine are disciplined and strategic for the most part.

But again, its not about you having to watch the videos. The videos are documentation. No reason for black people actively discourage recording. Its akin to complacency

I dont fuck with tariq and the other buffoon because i can spot bullshit hustle from a mile away these niggas are akin to prosperity preachers and hustlers.. there are plenty of people who do and who have done real work and they have been shitted on.
For the millionth time he financially gives back to those in need and promotes black businesses, employs nothing but black people, on top of being responsible for some white supremacists getting fired/reprimanded. He does way more good than your perceived harm

It really is tho. The whole point of recording these interactions with the police and white folks in general is that these muhfuckas lie all the time and use the law to their advantage against us.

@Duwop being exonerated offa some fuck shit cuz the fuckery was on camera falls in line with:

racist white folks assaulting minorities then lying about it
racist white folks KILLING minorities then lying about it

just cuz his interaction didn't end in death doesn't meant it's not relevant to this conversation
My whole argument was about recorded interactions having the power to impact a court decision...

If that argument isn't being admitted into this debate, I really lack the interest to see what y'all talking about now.... Cuz it's really that simple to me

You record shit so it can be used at evidence...

If y'all wanna talk about the integrity of the court and Justice system, an how none of that matter.... Then again that ain't the convo for me....I ain't qualified to have a detailed conversation about shit I really don't know much about without completely talking out my ass...

But I do know recordings can be used as evidence in court, an I personally saw it.

That's the only contribution I can make to this conversation.

Now I'm off to do laundry, and play call of duty...

Be safe everybody

Seeing what the video has done for the Ahmaud arbery case answers the question this thread is asking. Look at the traction the case has picked up since the video was released. It has forced authorities to act. It has given exposure to a case that otherwise woulda been covered up as a thug killed while robbing people. So in this case, the video being released did more good than harm, or so we hope. We'll just have to see what kinda "justice" is served.

I think that last part is what’s so frustrating frfr like a coin toss on the outcome

For the millionth time he financially gives back to those in need and promotes black businesses, employs nothing but black people, on top of being responsible for some white supremacists getting fired/reprimanded. He does way more good than your perceived harm
COOL

did cops kill him? or just trashy racist run of the mill white folks?

i should probably read up more on the case

10-12 posters think it’s fine to film these incidents for the sake of having evidence. Meanwhile Race and her sidekick thinks it’s counterproductive.

i think youre missing the point. example, remember when those two white journalist were shot and killed on camera and the media refused to show it? but had walter scotts lynching on loop? why are white ppl granted agency and autonomy postmortem but Black ppl are not?

white ppl have died en masse and the media never showed their bodies but let it be one of us in the hood or africa or iran, its primetime news...
I think your viewpoint is too far beyond where some people are willing to or capable to go right now, and that's understandable. But its dope that you're willing to elevate to that train of thought, it requires alot.

Back