Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

it should be noted that there is preference for light skin over dark skin, and not just in the Black community but globally. The fact that people who are darker skinned in their particular culture tend to be poorer, more imprisoned, have more bleaching products marketed to them, are considered less attractive (or the flip side is fetishized but not truly appreciated), and are regularly dissociated from “beauty” and “goodness” is only the tip of the iceberg with this issue.

in the Black community specifically, yeah, we have a lot to unpack and deconstruct around colorism, how we proliferate it ourselves and how it impacts us when proliferated by whites and hegemonic norms. both things impact this favoritism. but to be clear, this is oppression and it is institutional and not solely interpersonal favoritism ("DIS IS JUST MY PREFERENCE"). Colorism is NOT just dark skinned Black women being “jealous,” not solely about the cishet Black male gaze (I PREFER ME A REDBONE) not solely about dark skinned Black women being “mean” to light skinned Black women or any obtuse simplification meant to reduce the fact that it is oppression and it is institutional for dark skinned Black people. It is NOT solely about cishet Black men not wanting to date dark Black women. And I get really angry when this complex global oppression is reduced to “jealousy” of light skinned Black women and dating cishet Black men versus the full nuanced picture that it is.

I mean people want to be wanted maybe it’s ego or a response to that over all mindset. I mean this didn’t come out of nowhere. But I see your point in if a nigga is thinking light skin or dark skin is better he probably shallow and not worth it. But to women those niggas are loud.

I get people want to be wanted. That's normal. But the desire to be wanted by somebody who has shown they dont want you? I've never got that. Especially somebody who is clearly showing they're not that smart in terms of how they determine their initial attraction to someone

for the dumbasses in the front and the back there has been an ongoing “fued” between dani and his BM who is dark skin.

That broad ain't said nothing against dark skin people but y'all up in arms cause she love herself.

No people got upset because a non black woman took a term meant for Black women and tried to make a song, and a very bad one at that, out of it in a dumb attempt to give pride to a group of people that routinely have their looks praised as being better than just because. The reason people got upset at the song is easy to understand on a macro level.

nobody cares about yalls personal opinions on colorism and how Black ppl should tackle it or “not worry about how someone feels about them”

Colorism is a system that affects dark skin ppl greatly. Dani deserves to be dragged.
It's me. I'm "yalls".

Colorism is not a system. A system suggests there are people actively orchestrating and operating things.

Colorism is a disease that we have to find a cure for, get better, and move the fuck on. It's damn near a social COVID19.

Back