Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dani Leigh gets dragged for promoting colorism

It’s like this you can be proud of you skin tone just like you can proud of your race. Acting like colorism wasn’t real and that some lighter skin blacks wernt treated is why making a song about being yella bone is cringy. It really shouldn’t have to be explained at this point in 2021z
Well don't celebrate being dark skin either. This a stupid thing to have to be going back and forth on

This is what I mean by intellectually emotional bullies.

You go in to a conversation pretending to battle racism and colorism and suddenly you're equating light skin to white skin as if that is not a dangerously hateful comparison, not to mention historically inaccurate.

Light skin blacks were still enslaved. When light skin blacks were discovered to be black, they were ostracized from their communities or murdered. Light skin blacks were the main blacks who were targeted by the "one drop rule" instituted by white people to deny them the so called rights and freedoms of being an American.

So when you start this "light skins are the white people of black people" nonsense, you remind me of that foolish article "straight black men are the white people of black people" a few years ago.

The future of our people is dependent upon our unity and there can be no unity in demonizing one another, ignoring our shared struggle just to say some people have it harder than others.

/rant

Do some niggas prop up light skin women as being better...yes. Does it mean light skin black women should feel less pride in how they look? No. My only confusion comes when women get upset at men who clearly have shown themselves to be superficial as fuck for not being interested in them. Why would you as a woman want a man who is clearly showing his interest in a woman is on a level as basic as "she light/dark skin". Wanting to be included in that fetishization is weird as fuck

Man STFU.

I don't know who she is, but to be outraged she making a song about her skin tone is dumb AF. If she was dark skinned and mad a song about it would you be outraged too? Go ahead and lie....

No I wouldn’t nigga. Why? Tell me what societies you know as a whole celebrate being dark skin. Are y’all niggas retarded and she not even black so why the fuck is you caping. Any defense of this is coon shit my nigga foh

Do some niggas prop up light skin women as being better...yes. Does it mean light skin black women should feel less pride in how they look? No. My only confusion comes when women get upset at men who clearly have shown themselves to be superficial as fuck for not being interested in them. Why would you as a woman want a man who is clearly showing his interest in a woman is on a level as basic as "she light/dark skin". Wanting to be included in that fetishization is weird as fuck

I mean people want to be wanted maybe it’s ego or a response to that over all mindset. I mean this didn’t come out of nowhere. But I see your point in if a nigga is thinking light skin or dark skin is better he probably shallow and not worth it. But to women those niggas are loud.

Reactions: GNS
gotta say you damn sure are 100% correct...like what the fuck do you (not you) care who "black man 1" is dating...especially if you are in a healthy relationship yourself....who the f cares what the next person likes...

black is beautiful, brown is beautiful, light brown is beautiful...afrocentric is beautiful, a Spanish chick whose proud of her heritage is beautiful...like
why should it matter!?
Because alot of them are

A. Single as fuck
B. In unfulfilled relationships
C. Mad that a woman of a different complexion got the man they wanted

Counter colorism is just as prevalent in 2021 as colorism is because black people want to use black struggle to bully other black people. The sooner we point it out, the sooner we can stop having these dumbass arguments that slow us down every 3 fuckin months.

No I wouldn’t nigga. Why? Tell me what societies you know as a whole celebrate being dark skin. Are y’all niggas retarded and she not even black so why the fuck is you caping. Any defense of this is coon shit my nigga foh
This post is why coon has lost all meaning. Y'all classify anything you don't like as cooning.
Bro, IDGAF what other societies do. If you date black women of all colors why are you so offended? You telling me if you date a like skin chick you go tell her don't be proud of her tone? That if you were dating a dark skin chick you go be ok with her downing other black women cause they light skin? Like I said I dont know this woman that well but if i was to see her I'd think she was a light skin black woman. You mad cause she identify as that?

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Brown skin is cool too. Just not you mellow yellow mulatto niggas. I mean Smokey Robinson never made a song snot being light for a reason.
This wack as fuck and goes against everything you claim to stand for.

If this just a personal beef between you and Shiz then just say that.

This post is why coon has lost all meaning. Y'all classify anything you don't like as cooning.
Bro, IDGAF what other societies do. If you date black women of all colors why are you so offended? You telling me if you date a like skin chick you go tell her don't be proud of her tone? That if you were dating a dark skin chick you go be ok with her downing other black women cause they light skin? Like I said I dont know this woman that well but if i was to see her I'd think she was a light skin black woman. You mad cause she identify as that?

I’m not the party offended directly. I don’t like colorism though. but y’all mad that dark skin black women are offended. Again bruh you missing context. Who been out in a pedestal you ain’t seen imitation of life. It got the bitch you caping for calling niggas monkeys and shit.

That’s totally different from having a light skin girlfriend. I never been with a chick that would down somebody over skin tone anyway.

I feel like yall niggas don’t be offended so you don’t see the bigger picture and out of context. Y’all act like I’m attacking light skin people

This wack as fuck and goes against everything you claim to stand for.

If this just a personal beef between you and Shiz then just say that.

I was obviously being sarcastic and going with dumb shit y’all been co signing. Now you see exactly how you sound. But keep doubling down

I’m not the party offended directly. I don’t like colorism though. but y’all mad that dark skin black women are offended. Again bruh you missing context. Who been out in a pedestal you ain’t seen imitation of life. It got the bitch you caping for calling niggas monkeys and shit.

That’s totally different from having a light skin girlfriend. I never been with a chick that would down somebody over skin tone anyway.

I feel like yall niggas don’t be offended so you don’t see the bigger picture and out of context. Y’all act like I’m attacking light skin people
Aight, let me go listen to the song to see if she degraded darker skinned people cause from the sounds of it the outrage is about just the title.

Back