Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cutting your son's hair: Fair or foul?

They could have been arguing about the kids hair for years, we have no back story.

Shit, judging from the pic, the kid obviously needed a haircut.

Kid probably happy af now that he doesnt have to spend an hour+ a day just taking care of his hair lol.

Shit, judging from the pic, the kid obviously needed a haircut.

Kid probably happy af now that he doesnt have to spend an hour+ a day just taking care of his hair lol.
How you so blind with a hundred eyes?

I agree you have to take take account what the kid want. Look at the picture, that boy didn't want no damn haircut by how his face looking

Might have been afraid of the barber, I still remember that sesame street not going to the barber song lol.

Kids are afraid to go to the dentist and a shitload of other shit. Its not always that serious.

They could have been arguing about the kids hair for years, we have no back story.
very true......there is always a back story...

but those years the nigga coulda still did what he wanted just like he did now.

i get the point you are trying to make

but you dont know how a breakup/separation will effect someone moving forward after that
people are different when kids are involved or a break up happens. especially when a new person is involved.

very true......there is always a back story...

but those years the nigga coulda still did what he wanted just like he did now.
Thats why I ask whats a compromise. He automatically loses if he does nothing and she automatically loses if he does. So whats the compromise.

Thats why I ask whats a compromise. He automatically loses if he does nothing and she automatically loses if he does. So whats the compromise.
the compromise is being an involved parent from the get go.

unless the other parent didnt allow him to see the kid until now there is no other reason to let it go this long and just do shit.

the compromise is being an involved parent from the get go.

unless the other parent didnt allow him to see the kid until now there is no other reason to let it go this long and just do shit.
This has nothing to do with involvement. Just preferences.
One parent prefers one thing the other parent the other, where is the meet in the middle.
Chi said it best, it should be what child wants at that point.

This has nothing to do with involvement. Just preferences.
One parent prefers one thing the other parent the other, where is the meet in the middle.
Chi said it best, it should be what child wants at that point.
sorry but i am not a parent that will allow a child to make a decision.
the child can present an idea. that kids looks like hes like 3 or 4.
im not trynna hear nothing until they can articulate what they want.

and yes, it is about being involved from the get go.....if he didnt like long hair and she did...how did she get what she wanted and he didnt? but now she mad at what he wanted.

their is a lack of respect and communication some where.

at what point did the nigga think the hair was too long before now?
it didnt grow that long between visits.

They’re called braids negro, and there’s plenty of ways to style your child’s hair without cutting it.

To each its own, my son is 2 n a half, I cut his hair myself 3 times so far...nothing wrong with cutting your childs hair from time to time. Back in Indo everyone thought it was weird I rarely cut his hair and here in Holland folks think its weird I actually do cut his hair lol.

Back