Cutting your son's hair: Fair or foul?

gender roles are obviously at play...why on earth would someone want to cut a little girls hair if it wasnt medically necessary

To be fair he didnt specifically say cutting her hair...

Would a bm discuss putting a relaxer in thier daughters hair with her father? What if the father had concerns about using chemicals with thier child hair?

Would a father be right to be outraged?

But as far as my son. His mother defaults to me when it comes to his hair. So if I cut it she cool with that. Cause im his father...i wouldnt be an asshole and not at least say something if I was thinking about a major change...

My son is old enough to express how he likes his hair as well. Thankfully all he likes are ceasars lol. I can do that myself...saves me about 40 bucks a month

But as far as my son. His mother defaults to me when it comes to his hair. So if I cut it she cool with that. Cause im his father...i wouldnt be an asshole and not at least say something if I was thinking about a major change...

My son is old enough to express how he likes his hair as well. Thankfully all he likes are ceasars lol. I can do that myself...saves me about 40 bucks a month

This why I wish I knew how to cut hair, my son hair grow too damn fast

what would something outside of those parameters be?

well, i dont want my daughter getting a perm, but her mother and I are at least on the same page with that
Simple ass little girl hairstyles shouldn’t have to be discussed. Call daddy to see if she get two ponytails is ridiculous. Now if she want braids and shit, yes daddy has say so in it. That’s extensions and a lot of manipulation.

let me ask ya'll this

i took my daughter to dance class the other day, and while I was waiting for her, the next class was lining up to go in after my daughters class ended

I saw this lil white girl who couldnt have been no older than 3 with pink hair. Another parent asked the mother something like "i thought she wanted green"...the mother responded something like "she wants blue next"

would you do something like that if your child asked for it?
Tell her nah.

Nah they should’ve discussed that. My son has a shitload of hair but I ain’t taking him to get a chop just because. If/when it gets cut my wife will know.

This was wrong. Any major changes should be discussed and agreed upon, but in the instance of girls, I know my dad stayed out of it and let my mom handle it as she deemed appropriate ( I have 3 sisters-no brothers so the dynamic is different). This was also in the 80's. Fathers these days are much more involved and even doing their daughters' hair so they should be included in decision making when they want to be.
i did my daughters hair.....

it was fucked up but i did it

Nah they should’ve discussed that. My son has a shitload of hair but I ain’t taking him to get a chop just because. If/when it gets cut my wife will know.
you said wife....

stay outta this thread nigga

This why I wish I knew how to cut hair, my son hair grow too damn fast

ceasars are easy as hell to do tho. Use the 1/2 guard or 1 gaurd....go with the grain (for the waves) get you some good liners

good to go

Man, this nigga should be slapped

The 'my child, I do what I want' mentality works against everyone EXCEPT the other parent. Fuck all that gender bias shit, decisions revolving around my daughter goes thru their mothers and I, the big and the small. Decisions revolving my son goes thru his mother and I, the big and the small

Petty Parenting is the worst

Man, this nigga should be slapped

The 'my child, I do what I want' mentality works against everyone EXCEPT the other parent. Fuck all that gender bias shit, decisions revolving around my daughter goes thru their mothers and I, the big and the small. Decisions revolving my son goes thru his mother and I, the big and the small

Petty Parenting is the worst
But what about the son?