Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cutting your son's hair: Fair or foul?

i see where this is headed

but even though the bm might be bat shit crazy, he still should've talked it over with her

the problem is, and im assuming, if they dont have a great relationship in the first place, there will be no swaying the other from their stance

only solution is to let the kid get to the point where they can express if they want it cut or not

Lol that’s stupid.

I think an involved father should have say so in a daughters hairstyles that are outside of everyday hairstyles like braids, getting a perm, hair blown out, etc.

gender roles are obviously at play...why on earth would someone want to cut a little girls hair if it wasnt medically necessary

I never said anything about cutting her hair now did I, I said men aren't asked about girls hairstyles when they're going to the beauty shop.

Lol that’s stupid.

I think an involved father should have say so in a daughters hairstyles that are outside of everyday hairstyles like braids, getting a perm, hair blown out, etc.

what would something outside of those parameters be?

well, i dont want my daughter getting a perm, but her mother and I are at least on the same page with that

I never said anything about cutting her hair now did I, I said men aren't asked about girls hairstyles when they're going to the beauty shop.

my point still remains, i didnt mean to imply you would, but again, outside of a medical or hair necessity, what reason would someone just hack off a young child's hair?

did the mother ok it with the father to allow it to grow that long?

but since he allowed it for this long....he cant really say too much now.

its a major change at this point.

nigga might be trynna grow his balls

let me ask ya'll this

i took my daughter to dance class the other day, and while I was waiting for her, the next class was lining up to go in after my daughters class ended

I saw this lil white girl who couldnt have been no older than 3 with pink hair. Another parent asked the mother something like "i thought she wanted green"...the mother responded something like "she wants blue next"

would you do something like that if your child asked for it?

my point still remains, i didnt mean to imply you would, but again, outside of a medical or hair necessity, what reason would someone just hack off a young child's hair?

Tradition for a boy, taking him to the barbershop for his first cut

what would something outside of those parameters be?

well, i dont want my daughter getting a perm, but her mother and I are at least on the same page with that
yea....i aint my daughters mom get away with shit.

she tried to lock her hair...i took that shit right out.
she permed her hair i warned her to never do it again. girl was like 6.

i was an asshole parent to deal with but i wont be overruled by fuckery with no merit

let me ask ya'll this

i took my daughter to dance class the other day, and while I was waiting for her, the next class was lining up to go in after my daughters class ended

I saw this lil white girl who couldnt have been no older than 3 with pink hair. Another parent asked the mother something like "i thought she wanted green"...the mother responded something like "she wants blue next"

Not for a kid that young, when you get to your teen years and you want rainbow colored hair then so be it but until then you do what I say

Not for a kid that young, when you get to your teen years and you want rainbow colored hair then so be it but until then you do what I say
so this is my position as well, but for the boy pictured...once he is able to at least voice legitimate concerns about his appearance...lets say you deem that age to be 8...if he wants his hair cut, cut his hair

if he doesnt, let it grow until he wants to cut it, if ever

let me ask ya'll this

i was a bit too overbearing......i learned over time to relax more.
i dont know if i would say no.....cant stifle a childs creativity or how they may want to express themselves.

so this is my position as well, but for the boy pictured...once he is able to at least voice legitimate concerns about his appearance...lets say you deem that age to be 8...if he wants his hair cut, cut his hair

if he doesnt, let it grow until he wants to cut it, if ever

Yes I'll allow him to decide if he wants his hair cut or not. I know it's a double standard and I'm ok with it

This was wrong. Any major changes should be discussed and agreed upon, but in the instance of girls, I know my dad stayed out of it and let my mom handle it as she deemed appropriate ( I have 3 sisters-no brothers so the dynamic is different). This was also in the 80's. Fathers these days are much more involved and even doing their daughters' hair so they should be included in decision making when they want to be.

Back