Welcome To aBlackWeb

Calling a rich black man “a capitalist is like calling them the N word”- Jay Z

He basically said when we try to better ourselves they try to throw words like “capitalist” at us as a pejorative. But we used to being called “nigger” and “monkey” so that other shit is light.

And also no black personality running a business is worried about white folks calling them capitalists at least I don’t think.

Everytime I hit certain parts of DC I get mad as fuck because of what gentrification has done...and it's not all white folks either. Black folks can gentrify in hurtful ways too

I just don’t like how they move into black neighborhoods that they called warzones and now love it there. Newport News tore down the projects they got white people in Park Place in Norfolk now

I just don’t like how they move into black neighborhoods that they called warzones and now love it there. Newport News tore down the projects they got white people in Park Place in Norfolk now

Lol But a lot of those places were literally warzones as in the epicenter of gang and drug wars. That's not really the thing to be mad at gentrifiers about. The real problem is their disregard for the people and culture in the areas they want to flip.

Because he is being disingenuous and he has been from the beginning.

Capitalism is an individualistic economic system that is a zero sum game. There is no us.

Jay Z and others like him, like to talk about us and we and Black business and to make himself seem like the leader of Black people.

Jay Z gets paid and gets deals because corporations believe he is our leader. They see Jay Z as the in road to our demographic. They'll bring Jay Z out there to pacify us.

But we ain't letting him do that anymore.

Jay Z talked all that shit about Black businesses and taking back what ours when he did that Tidal shit.

He was against the NFL until they cut him a check and he talked shit about Kaep.

Jay Z is an uncouth opportunistic capitalist and that's fine, most rich people are.
Nobody calls out other Black capitalists other than Jay Z and Kanye because other Black capitalists keeps their damn mouth shut and don't have a weird messiah complex where they believe they are the leaders of Black people just because they are famous and talented.

There's a long long long glorious history of Black entertainers electing themselves as our leader in order to get the business of Corporate America.

Jay Z was talking about what Black people say about Jay Z, not other Black capitalists. He always try to make it about "us" and what White people say, but he's really talking about Black people that criticize his race hustling. White people don't rate Jay Z as this extraordinary businessman, Black people do.

Jay Z doesn't really have a point. Nobody criticizes Jay Z because he is a capitalist, he gets criticized for race hustling.

You think Byron Allen gets shut down like Jay Z does by the Black people?

No.

Nobody cares who he does business with because he doesn't pretend to be our damn leader. He is a capitalist that provides services that doesn't include selling the Black demographic to Corporate America.

Jay Z's product is us, it's the influence he has over us. Without that, he's nothing.

Byron owns shitty TV stations that nobody watches besides old White people in Middle America and runs ads.

Jay Z buys into a business, says it's for Black people. Black people get interested and then he sells it to Corporate America and the shit flops.

Young Black people today ain't getting race hustled by the entertainment and political class like we let James Brown do. Like we let Sammy Davis Jr do. Like we let Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Like we let Booker T. Washington do.

What Jay Z said in that clip was promo for his next move to try to sell down our throats that's supposed to be "for us" so he can sell it to Corporate America.

Lol.
This guy gets it.

Fix the thread title.

I don’t understand how you fucks can botch a quote when the words are right there.

in that clip, Hov did not say “a capitalist is like calling them the n word”. Smh.

get your clicks tho

Fix the thread title.

I don’t understand how you fucks can botch a quote when the words are right there.

in that clip, Hov did not say “a capitalist is like calling them the n word”. Smh.

get your clicks tho
What's worse, is the wrongness of what was stated being either blatantly ignored so an idea can be pushed or ppl really don't read and listen

Last edited:
Issues is much than this.
Why are they safe in those war zones?
Why it be white chicks with poodles jogging unfazed, but a black grandma can have her pocketbook snatch and drag her for her last Pennie’s?
We definitely need a gentrify thread

The hatred of black men here is disgusting.
That needs to talked about.
plus, the fuck is out of touch?
could it be growth? Maturity? New way of life and perspective? And how you niggas know you’re not the ones out of touch? Real shit.

The hatred of black men here is disgusting.
That needs to talked about.
plus, the fuck is out of touch?
could it be growth? Maturity? New way of life and perspective? And how you niggas know you’re not the ones out of touch? Real shit.
Lmao almost everything jay does is for money or a business opportunity not genuinely out of the kindness of his heart. And lol at giving money to Norfolk state, I’m not sure about that boss, I used to work there they’re in a horrible location with multiple problems

Back