Welcome To aBlackWeb

Calling a rich black man “a capitalist is like calling them the N word”- Jay Z

Soooo...are we NOT giving Jay the Black Excellence of Approval for his accomplishments?

i doubt the majority of people responding here and on social media actually listened to the 2min audio of what he said...

what he was saying was - when the word capitalist is used on US - its used to shame us for progressing and to conform back to a system designed for us to die at 21 or fail in general

the internet is hearing what wasn't said

I feel you, still don't trust that nigga tho. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means that those neighborhoods need an infusion of money so that they can be built up and improved and not that those neighborhoods need white people moving in and everyone else being pushed out.

I literally posted that already

Are there any examples of where gentrification happens and the majority of the black people who've been there aren't priced/forced out and get to reap the benefits of the neighborhood transformation?

Are there any examples of where gentrification happens and the majority of the black people who've been there aren't priced/forced out and get to reap the benefits of the neighborhood transformation?

That’s a good question.

Where In history do you see this?

I can say that the gentrification in NYC has forced many blacks to move further upstate. Places like Orange and Rockland County have been seeing a huge raise of black families since 2011

But to say that people “benefit” from gentrification highly depends on the family. People who were well off before tend to stay well off whether they leave or not. And truthfully the gentrification here in NYC hasn’t made anything “better”….crime is actually worse than it has ever been since the 80’s

People who were struggling in NYC…still struggle whether they leave or not

Also, culture has a lot to do with how a group of people maintain the place they occupy

Where In history do you see this?

I can say that the gentrification in NYC has forced many blacks to move further upstate. Places like Orange and Rockland County have been seeing a huge raise of black families since 2011

But to say that people “benefit” from gentrification highly depends on the family. People who were well off before tend to stay well off whether they leave or not. And truthfully the gentrification here in NYC hasn’t made anything “better”….crime is actually worse than it has ever been since the 80’s

People who were struggling in NYC…still struggle whether they leave or not

Also, culture has a lot to do with how a group of people maintain the place they occupy

What?

Back