Welcome To aBlackWeb

Calling a rich black man “a capitalist is like calling them the N word”- Jay Z

Nobody calls out other Black capitalists other than Jay Z and Kanye because other Black capitalists keeps their damn mouth shut and don't have a weird messiah complex where they believe they are the leaders of Black people just because they are famous and talented.

There's a long long long glorious history of Black entertainers electing themselves as our leader in order to get the business of Corporate America.

Jay Z was talking about what Black people say about Jay Z, not other Black capitalists. He always try to make it about "us" and what White people say, but he's really talking about Black people that criticize his race hustling. White people don't rate Jay Z as this extraordinary businessman, Black people do.

Jay Z doesn't really have a point. Nobody criticizes Jay Z because he is a capitalist, he gets criticized for race hustling.

You think Byron Allen gets shut down like Jay Z does by the Black people?

No.

Nobody cares who he does business with because he doesn't pretend to be our damn leader. He is actual capitalist that provides services that doesn't include selling the Black demographic to Corporate America.

Jay Z's product is us, it's the influence he has over us. Without that, he's nothing.

Byron owns shitty TV stations that nobody watches besides old White people in Middle America and runs ads.

Jay Z buys into a business, says it's for Black people. Black people get interested and then he sells it to Corporate America and the shit flops.

Young Black people today ain't getting race hustled by the entertainment and political class like we let James Brown do. Like we let Sammy Davis Jr do. Like we let Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

What Jay Z said in that clip was promo for his next move to try to sell down our throats that's supposed to be "for us" so he can sell it to Corporate America.

Lol.

I am curious about the way he used the word “they” though

He made it sound like it’s people who are fighting against hip hop culture who say these things, but I have only heard black people or super lefties use the word capitalist as a critique.

Who is he talking about?

I am curious about the way he used the word “they” though

He made it sound like it’s people who are fighting against hip hop culture who say these things, but I have only heard black people or super lefties use the word capitalist as a critique.

Who is he talking about?

White folks be letting it fly

i doubt the majority of people responding here and on social media actually listened to the 2min audio of what he said...

what he was saying was - when the word capitalist is used on US - its used to shame us for progressing and to conform back to a system designed for us to die at 21 or fail in general

the internet is hearing what wasn't said
they heard what it should have meant so they can hate.

Last edited:

slow down about byron allen.

you the homie and i say that respectfully.

but i watched when he went on his black media tour......it wasnt never they holding back black people. it was about him getting held back cuz he thought he was above that. listen closely to his breakfast club interview.
i was all in support of him until his true intentions was revealed there.
i hated him after that because he dont fuck ith black people any other time....but he was told use a nigga......then he wanted our support and backing.

respectfully

but i watched when he went on his black media tour......it wasnt never they holding back black people. it was about him getting held back cuz he thought he was above that. listen closely to his breakfast club interview.
i hated him after that because he dont fuck ith black people any other time....but he was told use a nigga......then he wanted our support and backing.

respectfully

You finally not on some brick wall shit! Congrats nigga!

How is it good to let white folks move black folks out of there spot?

gentrify has a couple different meanings

I’m using the old definition in the way that has more to do with the renovation part

also the way you thinking of don’t have anything to do with white folks specifically and have to do with more wealthy folks coming and and displacing the folks already there. And that can be black white or Asian folks

respectfully
Plus i heard that he bought bnc but it had a clause to where he wasnt obligated to pay the staff upon his acquisition..

A "capitalist" black "capitalist"motivations are the same damage is the same

But out black in front of any title and people like to think we should absolve people from what ever fuckery they participate in

Back