Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breastfeeding In Public

yea, but don't just be springing it on me either....

is it too much to ask if everyone is comfortable first?

like is polite out the window in these occasions?
I'd have thought that when they see you unbuttoning and hear you mention "oh, my son must be hungry" that they'd know what time it is but apparently some people need trigger warnings?

I'd have thought that when they see you unbuttoning and hear you mention "oh, my son must be hungry" that they'd know what time it is but apparently some people need trigger warnings?
"hey guys, i'm bout to feed the baby, is everybody cool with a little titty?"
"that's cool, do you, i'll be right back'

:bet:
communication and good manners for the win!!!!

"hey guys, i'm bout to feed the baby, is everybody cool with a little titty?"
"that's cool, do you, i'll be right back'

:bet:
communication and good manners for the win!!!!
where u been that women can lightning feed like that? like did u not figure out what was up while sum1 was unbuttoning, positioning child, grabbin the burp cloth n so on? the only way I can imagine all that being skipped is if it's happening very discreetly (ie. under a cover/loose blouse), in which case... why does it matter?

excessive fragility aint a good look. the world aint gonna cater to u.

where u been that women can lightning feed like that? like did u not figure out what was up while sum1 was unbuttoning, positioning child, grabbin the burp cloth n so on? the only way I can imagine all that being skipped is if it's happening very discreetly (ie. under a cover/loose blouse), in which case... why does it matter?

excessive fragility aint a good look. the world aint gonna cater to u.

so you just refuse to say shit while rubbing all on your breasts to see which one is the most full??:disnig:

rude as fuck yo, lol

iight mature ass people....

say you mature enough to be friends with your man's ex.....

she is extremely attractive, but that relationship was ions ago, and current circumstances lined up where yall are all good friends...and again..you're mature enough to deal with this....

so the ex over with her newborn baby.....

you...your man.....his ex......yall sitting around, and the baby start crying......

i mean we all mature.....

but i mean, you think.....

it might possibly..... be a good look if she either excused herself, or atleast made sure everyone was cool with her whipping out??

or it's like

yassss queen feed that princess!!!

I think Du brings up a good reason for his point of view.

If the vast majority of the times you saw a breast was sexual in nature that would explain the uneasiness of seeing a breast in a non sexual way. Most of us get uncomfortable around the unfamiliar and that's natural as well.

If breasts are only a sexual stimulant it's really about self control and repressing those sexual thoughts because there was never really a healthy balance. Sometimes things we're deprived of become taboo. In this case the body becomes taboo when it's always covered and only "exposed" for sex.

iight mature ass people....

say you mature enough to be friends with your man's ex.....

she is extremely attractive, but that relationship was ions ago, and current circumstances lined up where yall are all good friends...and again..you're mature enough to deal with this....

so the ex over with her newborn baby.....

you...your man.....his ex......yall sitting around, and the baby start crying......

i mean we all mature.....

but i mean, you think.....

it might possibly..... be a good look if she either excused herself, or atleast made sure everyone was cool with her whipping out??

or it's like

yassss queen feed that princess!!!
I don't believe in fraternizing with exes period, so this is just a flawed assumption that wldnt apply.

I'd feel no different about her feeding her baby without a cover than I would her sitting at my dining table with a turtleneck and no baby.

I don't believe in fraternizing with exes period, so this is just a flawed assumption that wldnt apply.

I'd feel no different about her feeding her baby without a cover than I would her sitting at my dining table with a turtleneck and no baby.
:ohshit1:

I forgot yall comicbook niggas, it all makes sense now

giphy.gif

Carry on
Iight I've been thoroughly enjoying lurking but get the hell out of here with this shit.
tWBZtcs_zpsqxaetadd.gif

:ohshit1:
I see you've joined the false equivalence train. being okay with one thing doesn't mean I have to be okay with 50 unrelated things.

if other people wanna be friends with exes, idgaf. not comfortable with that.

to answer your question though, I honestly wouldn't see it as any different for the ex to be feeding her child... because feeding a baby is never sexual. only to sick people would it be.

her history with my partner wouldn't change that. shitty example, join @Knock_Twice with that.

if the many faced god aint a wizard, idk what is

goldie trippin

that's whassup...

your comfort level with breast far exceeds my own....

i would accredit it to you being exposed to more breast in a non sexual manner throughout your life time than i... but you think that's a flase assumption...

maybe i'm just the immature one.....we all can't be perfect

at least i'm polite with mines...cuz i understand everybody ain't always gonna be on the same page

that's whassup...

your comfort level with breast far exceeds my own....

i would accredit it to you being exposed to more breast in a non sexual manner throughout your life time than i... but you think that's a flase assumption...

maybe i'm just the immature one.....we all can't be perfect

at least i'm polite with mines...cuz i understand everybody ain't always gonna be on the same page
some people think wearing fragrance is sexual. should I go with unscented deodorant to cater to them?

Just seeing this thread...
Soooo I guess posting a picture of me feeding baby girl is outta the question... Lol

I personally don't care if mommies feed in public or in private there is nothing wrong with either.

I chose to find a quiet private space for a few reasons.
The first being I find that there are people who do want to stare or even touch your baby while you feeding and that is uncomfortable...I've had to remind my son "do you want me to pet your head while you eat". But I've had a nurse do the same thing and while the breastfeeding is natural we don't naturally touch or rub people while they eat. If that makes sense.

Two let's be honest unlike the white women in that picture previously posted when I whip out my triple Ds there's nothing modiste or discreet about it. It's too got damn hot to be covered up with a blanket while you trying to eat sorry can't do that to my baby in a regular.

And three I really don't have time to bail a nigga out cuz dudes walking by was like "look at dem tittas"

Don't be mistaking tho if there was no where quiet to be found and baby girl gotta eat well guess what... Public breastfeeding it will be #shrugs

Back