Welcome To aBlackWeb

BOA: Who would you side with in this conversation? The babydad or the babymother?

what?? lol

TLM, got back to bed and press reset fam lol

I hate when ya'll make stupid posts like this. If I said something that was out of line, say why it's out of line. Are you a parent? Have you forced your children to share their shit at the behest of their siblings? Do you think that's really fair or not? Do you think a child should be required to share everything they have or should they be allowed to keep something to themselves on their terms particularly when their parent bought it specifically for them?

Is it that hard to address a point with a substantive response?

I hate when ya'll make stupid posts like this. If I said something that was out of line, say why it's out of line. Are you a parent? Have you forced your children to share their shit at the behest of their siblings? Do you think that's really fair or not? Do you think a child should be required to share everything they have or should they be allowed to keep something to themselves on their terms particularly when their parent bought it specifically for them?

If they fighting over it then yea I take it away from all of them

Y’all never seen kids get punished for not sharing this way? lol

I have. I'm just posing the question of whether or not that's really a fair thing to do.

I can't speak on the BM's actions because I don't know the situation in their house. For me personally, it's worked better to try and explain to my children why they should share and press them that way than to force them to share at the expense of losing their possessions. That's kinda weird to me.

If they fighting over it then yea I take it away from all of them

Yeah, I can understand that.

I have. I'm just posing the question of whether or not that's really a fair thing to do.

I can't speak on the BM's actions because I don't know the situation in their house. For me personally, it's worked better to try and explain to my children why they should share and press them that way than to force them to share at the expense of losing their possessions. That's kinda weird to me.

Yeah, I can understand that.
How can it not be fair? You want to scold a kid for not sharing And then punish them by what means?

Taking something away gives the kid the incentive to share in the future

Same as grounding kids pretty much

I never seen a kid get punished because they didn't want to share when it comes to certain things.

I understand it but im on the fence about it in this exact situation.

Fam, for starters, let's keep it respectful. I havent called a single thought of your stupid. Even if i vehemently disagree.

Yes I am a parent

Yes I've punished my daughter for not sharing her toys with my nephew and he also has been punished for not sharing his toys as well. Maybe the disconnect here is also how do people define punishment. Or maybe that's for another thread.

I think its a fair point b/c they are children.

No one, well let me speak for myself, I'm not going to buy each child their own video game system if we're in the same household. I will buy them their own bikes, scooters, etc...situational dependent.

Teaching kids to share at an early age teaches them how to compromise. Finding a happy medium so that both parties feel like they got some of what they wanted. A child has 10 dinosaurs at their disposal. They are NOT playing with all of them at the same time. What's wrong with letting another child play with half so they can in turn play with them together?

If it's about a video game system, institute time limits so that everyone gets a chance to play.

How can it not be fair? You want to scold a kid for not sharing And then punish them by what means?

Taking something away gives the kid the incentive to share in the future

Same as grounding kids pretty much

Like I said, I've never had to take shit away for that. I usually just point out to whichever daughter won't share that she would want her sister to share in the future, and that solves it. Most of the time, in my experience, it's not even that they don't want to share. It's that sibling 2 wants sibling 1 to give something up at that exact moment and gets made when sibling 1 won't do it, and to me, it would be kinda fucked up to punish sibling 1 in that instance. Also, my kids each have a couple things that they prize above all else and I don't really force either of them to share those things. I'm not saying what I do is right across the board, but it has worked for me.

Fam, for starters, let's keep it respectful. I havent called a single thought of your stupid. Even if i vehemently disagree.

Yes I am a parent

Yes I've punished my daughter for not sharing her toys with my nephew and he also has been punished for not sharing his toys as well. Maybe the disconnect here is also how do people define punishment. Or maybe that's for another thread.

I think its a fair point b/c they are children.

No one, well let me speak for myself, I'm not going to buy each child their own video game system if we're in the same household. I will buy them their own bikes, scooters, etc...situational dependent.

Teaching kids to share at an early age teaches them how to compromise. Finding a happy medium so that both parties feel like they got some of what they wanted. A child has 10 dinosaurs at their disposal. They are NOT playing with all of them at the same time. What's wrong with letting another child play with half so they can in turn play with them together?

If it's about a video game system, institute time limits so that everyone gets a chance to play.

I didn't disrespect you dog. I'm not calling your opinions stupid, but I do think it's stupid to respond to a reasonable question the way you did. You made it seem like I was asking if sharing is really something kids should do. Your post here is reasonable. That's all I was looking for from the start, and I agree with what you're saying.

I didn't disrespect you dog. I'm not calling your opinions stupid, but I do think it's stupid to respond to a reasonable question the way you did. You made it seem like I was asking if sharing is really something kids should do. Your post here is reasonable. That's all I was looking for from the start, and I agree with what you're saying.

understood

Monk has valid points.
His example can promote bullying and hate.

let’s not act like kids or hell some adults won’t break some shit or cause a problem just so no one can have fun if they can’t have their way.

y’all stuck on the sharing ...even if it’s forced?

what we really teaching kids if we don’t know the why?

just shut up and share? Can’t never say no? Just bend to the other persons will whenever they want you to?

that don’t sound like a problem?

When I think about it, the sharing shit is kinda weird too. Like I teach my kids to share and sometimes have push them to do so, but I don't think I've ever taken something from one of my daughters because she didn't want to share. At the end of the day, if something is yours, you do have the right to keep it to yourself at least sometimes.

It's tricky. I get what she's doing, but it does strike me as odd to punish someone for not sharing their property on someone else's terms.

bruh your parents taught you to share lol that’s it as much as y’all say y’all are traditional

And no if your sibling always break your toys or beat you up of course you not gonna share with them or want too and if that’s going on your parents will figure out why. God damn yall

Because y’all maki g this much deeper all our parent taught us to share and yes maybe they forced it to teach a lesson I feel like y’all making this bigger than it needs to be

I'm not making it bigger bruh. She did what she did. I'm not criticizing that woman at all. She's got to do what she thinks is right. I'm asking a more general questions about what people think is the right way to instill sharing into children and if they think any actions are out of line.

Monk has valid points.
His example can promote bullying and hate.

let’s not act like kids or hell some adults won’t break some shit or cause a problem just so no one can have fun if they can’t have their way.

y’all stuck on the sharing ...even if it’s forced?

what we really teaching kids if we don’t know the why?

just shut up and share? Can’t never say no? Just bend to the other persons will whenever they want you to?

that don’t sound like a problem?
fam, i have a very close knit family. I grew up that way, my daughter will also grow up that way.

THESE ARE CHILDREN!!! Their innocence is getting removed earlier and earlier in life with exposing them to things that aren't child appropriate.

Now, all you can do is lay the foundation down. As they get older, you can slowly start peeling the layers back to show them when its ok to exercise caution when dealing with certain things

the issue with a lot of ya'll is that ya'll think in absolutes. A conversation i have with a toddler (age 3-4) is much different than one I have with a young child (age 5-8/10) which is...you guessed it, is much different from a convo with a teenager.

Now, as they get older, and they come home with "daddy, such and such at school didn't want to share their toys"...then you address that then b/c guess what...its situational dependent. But every daycare, early development center, etc...places huge emphasis on the importance of sharing with other kids that are there.

hell, im from a time where you had one fucking phone in the house to ~gasps~ share with everyone. You have a brother who ya'll close in age and are into girls and both of ya'll wanted to talk to ya'lls girls...Gee...i wonder what happened? Somebody talked for this period...someone talked for that period...is that sharing? hmmm, sure sounds like it.

And no if your sibling always break your toys or beat you up of course you not gonna share with them or want too and if that’s going on your parents will figure out why. God damn yall
So we gonna act like some parents don’t allow favoritism?
Hate the kid cuz who the dad is or isn’t or whatever?

shit ain’t as simple as just share without a reason for the problem.

So we gonna act like some parents don’t allow favoritism?
Hate the kid cuz who the dad is or isn’t or whatever?

shit ain’t as simple as just share without a reason for the problem.

Aight man you got it they a toxic family and she punishing the kid because she hates the dad. Like if that all you wanted to say you coulda said that page one.

Back