Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Panther director Ryan Coogler arrested after being mistaken for bank robber

Bruh. You blk in america right.

I dont wanna tell u how to move in the world.

But i dont trust white ppl. I dont wanna give em any reason to call the police. To have the police come n kill me.
Cool but where we differ is I see white people don’t need a reason. So I’m not going to live like they have power over me to influence certain decisions.
I can be where I want and do what I want cuz I’m not hurting anyone and don’t plan on it.
We need to put the onus on them to prove we are a threat

Cool but where we differ is I see white people don’t need a reason. So I’m not going to live like they have power over me to influence certain decisions.
I can be where I want and do what I want cuz I’m not hurting anyone and don’t plan on it.

Good luck w that

I don’t think anyone is at fault, it’s just a mishap.

Tellers write account balances on pieces of paper all the time no matter how small or big. But they are the bank. Why didn’t he fill out a regular withdrawal slip with the amounts? Idk.
If he had spoke first and tactfully mention the transaction he want before sliding her a note with the amounts and how he want it counted then this wouldn’t even be a discussion. If he chose to INITIATE the transaction via passing a handwritten note (like many bank robbers have done) without speaking, mask or not the same thing would have happened. After all we are talking about BOA. Lol.
I’m more disgusted by the fact a renowned director have a freaking BOA acct for crust sake. That’s what ya get

The only part I disagree with is your last sentence..."they" make up shit to "prove" we're a threat

The onus is on "them" NOT to be racist/prejudiced/discriminatory POSs...but just b/c they are racist/prejudiced/discriminatory POSs doesn't mean the onus is on us to NOT be Black

It's like muhphuggas forget mzungus have issues with Blackness in and of itself...phuck moving "different' b/c they have the problem. It isn't our job to make them bitches comfortable in their racism

Last edited:
If he put in his card, pin and showed his ID that should have been sufficient. Super bummy on the banks part to still call the police.

He definitely should have asked to speak to one of the managers off top but he did enough that the police didn't need to be involved. If I were him I'm pulling every dollar I got in that bank out. That's the only thing they understand.
Help me understand why he needed to speak to a manager.

I don’t think anyone is at fault, it’s just a mishap.

Tellers write account balances on pieces of paper all the time no matter how small or big. But they are the bank. Why didn’t he fill out a regular withdrawal slip with the amounts? Idk.
If he had spoke first and tactfully mention the transaction he want before sliding her a note with the amounts and how he want it counted then this wouldn’t even be a discussion. If he chose to INITIATE the transaction via passing a handwritten note (like many bank robbers have done) without speaking, mask or not the same thing would have happened. After all we are talking about BOA. Lol.
I’m more disgusted by the fact a renowned director have a freaking BOA acct for crust sake. That’s what ya get
Having a boa acct …..sometimes swiping your card and pin then asking for how much you want is normal. Once you do that , your info comes up.
Plus he could have a burner acct or housing acct.
And what is tactfully speaking?
Ain’t like he walked in the bank like Marlo say he want his money.

The only part I disagree with is your last sentence..."they" make up shit to "prove" we're a threat

The onus is on "them" NOT to be racist/prejudiced/discriminatory POSs...but just b/c they are racist/prejudiced/discriminatory POSs doesn't mean the onus is on us to NOT be Black

It's like muhphuggas forget mzungus have issues with Blackness in and of itself...phuck moving "different' b/c they have the problem. It isn't our job to make them bitches comfortable in their racism

You right
Coulda worded that part differently

a teller can’t give you that much.
Who told you that?
Outside of the govt being alerted to transactions over $10k.
If they got it, you can get it.
If they don’t have the cash, say that because this can happen as well.
But it’s nothing to call the cops on.

Who told you that?
Okay bruh

I can see a new money nigga going in the bank with no clue how to take out 12k in cash and doing shit like this.

But not a nigga who had money as long as him. Which is why he's cool. Cuz he knew he went in there playing the fuck around

Who told you that?

Bruh a single teller does not have 12k in their drawer at one time and they can't just into the safe without a managers permission or assistance to get that amount at once. Even if they get a large cash deposit that shit doesn't go into their drawer. That's literally something you get fired for. I understand the point you're making but there's also simple logic you're ignoring too.

A Nigga not wanting to be robbed got accused of being a robber.

only in America
Again...a new nigga who not used to money??... Maybe

Him? That was foolish at absolute best. But I feel like he was being extra deliberately.

He has too much money to not know how banks work.

Back