Welcome To aBlackWeb

Armand doesn't share Lestat's sense of compassion. Lestat wants himself to be seen as the hero. His biggest issue with Claudia and Louis is he feels they didn't appreciate the world he created for them.

Armand doesn't need that compliment. He's perfectly fine with being the monster. Which is why his reveal was so crazy. Cuz he's really placing Louis in high regard on this show.

Like I'm so intrigued as to how this plays out.

So far the funniest prediction was that Armand places an epilogue in the story that says

"Louis and Armand lived happily ever after. Because Louis understood that Armand was a much better vampire than than Lestat who actually had dirty blonde hair and was only 5'10" "🤣🤣🤣🤣

the switch and bait was brilliant though.

she knew him too well. he's petty at his core, so of course he would go after the guy he marked first

also starving himself for 3 days, he wasn't even thinking on his first kill.

the shit was over before it started

nigga really thought Antoinette was his trump card. she used that shit against him from the jump

I was surprised by Claudia's plan and what they did, it was better for me that I knew nothing about it and it made it that more good

Claudia was plottin her escape ever since he forced her off that train. Shoulda let her and that train leave playa lol

:js4:

Claudia was plottin her escape ever since he forced her off that train. Shoulda let her and that train leave playa lol

:js4:
some of his one liners to her are so vicious

"back into your little cage"

I like how meta this show is because every criticism I have on this show and the Louie's character, the journalist makes.

Louie is an unreliable narrator of dubious character. Someone who is incapable of being honest with anyone, not even himself.

Some people, like Claudia, Lestat and Armand, find Louie's inability to be honest and sincere to be charming. His sensitivity and insecurity reveals an underlying humanity that they have abandoned.

But the journalist and viewers like me, find it to be frustrating and inauthentic and see a guy that never told the truth in his life.

And Louie knows he is full of shit because he keeps changing his story and laying out events that don't make any sense.

I like how meta this show is because every criticism I have on this show and the Louie's character, the journalist makes.

Louie is an unreliable narrator of dubious character. Someone who is incapable of being honest with anyone, not even himself.

Some people, like Claudia, Lestat and Armand, find Louie's inability to be honest and sincere to be charming. His sensitivity and insecurity reveals an underlying humanity that they have abandoned.

But the journalist and viewers like me, find it to be frustrating and inauthentic and see a guy that never told the truth in his life.

And Louie knows he is full of shit because he keeps changing his story and laying out events that don't make any sense.
This a million percent. He was always like that. But this show exploits it so much. I can't stand him.

He was hugging on Armand like that sisqo/50 cent pic..... He's wack as shit

sisqo50cent.jpg

This a million percent. He was always like that. But this show exploits it so much. I can't stand him.

He was hugging on Armand like that sisqo/50 cent pic..... He's wack as shit

sisqo50cent.jpg

Seriously, that's my main beef with the show because how can you watch a show when the protagonist is such a damn...

I don't want what's the word for it, like he's not playing victim, he's just a self-absorbed passive asshole. He's a self-loathing, self-pitying, buzzkill.

"I don't wanna kill people."

"I want Claudia to come home, Lestat."

"I want Lestat to come back, Claudia."

"I wanna kill Lestat, but I love him."

"Let me tell my story how I wanna tell it."

I don't know if the writers intentionally made Louie to be annoying as shit. I think they were writing his character and by the time they finished they hated him as much as I do, so they had the journalist have pure contempt for him just to be like, "We hate him as much as we do. Yes, this doesn't make any sense."

I never watched a show that hated their own protagonist and let's the audience know.

I feel like I need to re read. Bcuz I'm quite sure Armand and Louis didn't really work out, bcuz Louis couldn't forgive him for claudia.

This show is suggesting there were together for 50+years...

There's no way I can fuck with Louis after this. Like your really spent more time with Armand than you did Claudia and Lestat?

Yeah.... It's fuck Louis going forward
I was thinking about it and the only thing I can imagine is

Maybe in this version Louis didnt know Armand had something to do with Claudias death and theyll use it as a plot device later on cause strife between them. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if they had Lestat reveal that shit to him lol
I had a question but figured you guys brought it up in the spoilers
So in the show Louis basically forgave Armand for Claudia? I'm surprised he's calling Armand the love of his life after what happened to her. Unless the movie is inaccurate in that she doesn't die by his people

I feel like the only reason she was existing still was because Lestat didn't want to upset Louis by destroying her

So if I'm Lestat than I'm fucking pissed that Louis would forgive Armand when Lestat put up with all that bullshit he had to deal with from her

I had a question but figured you guys brought it up in the spoilers
So in the show Louis basically forgave Armand for Claudia? I'm surprised he's calling Armand the love of his life after what happened to her. Unless the movie is inaccurate in that she doesn't die by his people

I feel like the only reason she was existing still was because Lestat didn't want to upset Louis by destroying her

So if I'm Lestat than I'm fucking pissed that Louis would forgive Armand when Lestat put up with all that bullshit he had to deal with from her

In the book, Lestat and Louis aren't lovers. Louis is basically Lestat's hostage, because Lestat attacks him and nearly kills him, but decides to turn him to spite him after Louis begs for Lestat to finish him off.

The new adaption changes this entire dynamic. Louis in the book, claims to hate Lestat since from the beginning but is in love with Claudia like a daughter or a sister or whatever.

So after Claudia appears to kill Lestat, Claudia and Louis runs off to Europe and finds other vampires. Lestat is searching for Armand in order to get some of his blood to heal himself and he finds Louis and Claudia.

Then Lestat snitches on Claudia and Louis for trying to kill him in order to get Armand's blood, since Armand wouldn't help him without knowing what happened. Armand has Claudia killed because it's against vampire law to kill your maker.Then Armand is like, nah fuck you for turning these two pathetic pieces of shit into vampires and jeopardizing our kind and refuses to help Lestat.

Louis is like fuck it, you killed Claudia, I have no where to go. Armand is like, you my bitch now. Then Louis leaves Armand because he's like fuck you, you killed Claudia. Typical Louis shit.

At this point I highly doubt it will go down like this in the show. It wouldn't make any sense.

In the show, I think Louis has something to do with getting Claudia being killed because he was upset she tried kill Lestat.

Opened spoiler saw book and instantly closed spoiler lol

I think Du and you the only ones in this thread that read the books. I watched the movie and that's it. Appreciate whatever answer you had but I don't want any book spoilers

Seriously, that's my main beef with the show because how can you watch a show when the protagonist is such a damn...

I don't want what's the word for it, like he's not playing victim, he's just a self-absorbed passive asshole. He's a self-loathing, self-pitying, buzzkill.

"I don't wanna kill people."

"I want Claudia to come home, Lestat."

"I want Lestat to come back, Claudia."

"I wanna kill Lestat, but I love him."

"Let me tell my story how I wanna tell it."

I don't know if the writers intentionally made Louie to be annoying as shit. I think they were writing his character and by the time they finished they hated him as much as I do, so they had the journalist have pure contempt for him just to be like, "We hate him as much as we do. Yes, this doesn't make any sense."

I never watched a show that hated their own protagonist and let's the audience know.
Oh Louis is the same way in the books.

He's always been like this. The show just uses Daniel to immediately call him out in it. Which I like. But yeah Louis a ho

I thought the movie was absolute trash. Cut the series on checked out of the first episode 20min in.

Might have to try it again when I'm home and bored

I thought the movie was absolute trash. Cut the series on checked out of the first episode 20min in.

Might have to try it again when I'm home and bored
Yeah you too old and grumpy to watch a dude pull another dude.....

I don't think this show for you 😕

Back