Welcome To aBlackWeb

It really depends on how much people were paying attention.

Everything was announced.

1. They mentioned the time period change
2. They casted the older Daniel
3. They casted the older black Claudia
4. They casted a Black Louis and said he would own a brothel
5. They even said this show would explore the gay undertones in the relationships
If you watch the behind the scenes they even say this is the Lestat that he was after all the novels.. Not just the same character from the first book.

Like everybody who was paying attention knew the changes were coming

People just like to hear themselves complain. This show has been nothing but phenomenal and deserves all the accolades it receives.
It's a master class in good acting.

The maturity of claudia from episode to episode.

She feels like a kid in episode 4.... But in Episode 6 she feels like a 40 year old woman.... It's crazy.

Kirsten Dunst for all her strength didn't feel that dramatically like matured up. She just got angry

I'm kind of on both sides. Making her a teen bothered me for a bit but I think I got over it. I just think it would have created better and funnier moments with them dealing with her going through the teenage years instead of already being one and quickly zooming through it

Lestat and Louie are great together and it's hilarious in a way how Lestat wants to strangle her but doesn't because of Louie. It's like an old sitcom

Hopefully we don't have to wait long for the next season. Also I hope season 2 is more than 7 episodes. I just realized Sunday is the last episode

That chess scene alone.

That shit might have been one if the best scenes of the show. But it's hard to say cuz there were so many great scenes.

The chess scene
Louis' confession
The wedding dance
Domestic violence Lestat
Did you eat the baby?
Dinner guest Lestat
When Lestat bought Miss Lily
Claudia speech about perverts and little boys

Like the chemistry in this show is crazy.
And some of the shit straight out the book. Them buying Claudia's coffin. Lestat telling them about his maker was word for word from a different book.. But extremely accurate.

I can't get over how good this was. All I can think about is how far they will go.

They invested a lot, and no exaggeration.... Interview is by far the most boring book in the entire series. It only gets better. Most people skip over interview when reading the series, because not much happens and Louis is the least interesting vampire of all time.

I just can't wait for Marius Armand and be Akasha to crush the buildings in later seasons

I like the older Claudia for pretty much every reason we saw on the show. You can do more, and the actress has a better range. The Claudia from the novel could never be accurately done, and the 12 year old Claudia was still too young to do the things the series did.

Like novel Claudia was often referred to as a porcelain doll. They carried her around like you carry a 6 year old. She would always have to be aged up. The movie went as far up as they could to try to capture the same remote vibe. But it was clearly different. This wasn't a 6 year old.

The TV show just created a whole new character with the same themes and motives. Just a different more mature mindset. I love the novel. But I prefer this live action Claudia

womp womp.

Didnt they start production before she passed? I thought she already had oversight of the show and signed off on the adaptation
They paid that woman something like 150m for this shit. And both her and her son will have EP credits throughout everything.

Her son has not made one comment about the show. A lotta fans think that's cuz he hates the changes too. But signed a NDA to not speak on the show

If you were given 150 million for something, you not gonna complain lol.
Right. I would not give one fuck. Those fans are being brats. I love the show and the they make each change work.

My only complaint is tomorrow is the finale for the first season

Right. I would not give one fuck. Those fans are being brats. I love the show and the they make each change work.

My only complaint is tomorrow is the finale for the first season

Well I mean, it doesn't really work for me either.

Louis the son of a plantation owner and continuing the business then becoming a conscious and caring individual after his transformation makes more sense then the Louis we have now. He started out feeding on his slaves and then eventually had to kill them all. That's some traumatic shit.

The Louis we have now just seems weak as hell to me and like he lived his entire life as phony, putting on a facade.

And Lestat liking him and being infatuated with him doesn't make any sense anymore due to the nature of Lestat being authentic. Although they try to make Lestat monstrous or cruel, Lestat has been right every step of the away.

He's trying to prevent people from making mistakes that makes being a vampire difficult. He gives Louis and Claudia what they want to teach them a lesson and they don't like it because he makes them live with the mistakes they made. Claudia should hate Louis not Lestat. Louis should hate himself for portraying himself to be something that he's not, thinking becoming a vampire would make his problems go away, when his problems is him being inauthentic.

In the original with Lestat simply finding Louis attractive because he's a genuinely a beautiful man and with Lestat selfishly creating Claudia to have a daughter, it makes the motives of Louis and Claudia to kill Lestat clear because he is imposing things upon them. In the original, Louis doesn't want any of this shit to happen. He doesn't want the pressures of being a plantation owner, he laments his brother's passing, he wants to die, he didn't want to be a vampire, he doesn't want Claudia and here comes Lestat.

The only bad thing Lestat has done in the remake is making a phony like Louis and whipping his ass for being a little ungrateful bitch.

If you really think about it, Lestat is the victim in this story.

Well I mean, it doesn't really work for me either.

Louis the son of a plantation owner and continuing the business then becoming a conscious and caring individual after his transformation makes more sense then the Louis we have now. He started out feeding on his slaves and then eventually had to kill them all. That's some traumatic shit.

The Louis we have now just seems weak as hell to me and like he lived his entire life as phony, putting on a facade.

And Lestat liking him and being infatuated with him doesn't make any sense anymore due to the nature of Lestat being authentic. Although they try to make Lestat monstrous or cruel, Lestat has been right every step of the away.

He's trying to prevent people from making mistakes that makes being a vampire difficult. He gives Louis and Claudia what they want to teach them a lesson and they don't like it because he makes them live with the mistakes they made. Claudia should hate Louis not Lestat. Louis should hate himself for portraying himself to be something that he's not, thinking becoming a vampire would make his problems go away, when his problems is him being inauthentic.

In the original with Lestat simply finding Louis attractive because he's a genuinely a beautiful man and with Lestat selfishly creating Claudia to have a daughter, it makes the motives of Louis and Claudia to kill Lestat clear because he is imposing things upon them. In the original, Louis doesn't want any of this shit to happen. He doesn't want the pressures of being a plantation owner, he laments his brother's passing, he wants to die, he didn't want to be a vampire, he doesn't want Claudia and here comes Lestat.

The only bad thing Lestat has done in the remake is making a phony like Louis and whipping his ass for being a little ungrateful bitch.

If you really think about it, Lestat is the victim in this story.
I appreciate the lengthy response, but I don't have the stamina to address all of this.

Imma just say I respectfully disagree. As adaptations go I like this one. As mentioned before I watched all the behind the scenes stuff where they explained the changes... And I appreciate the effort to make this be and fresh while remaining familiar.

It's an easy A+ first season for me without even seeing the finale

I appreciate the lengthy response, but I don't have the stamina to address all of this.

Imma just say I respectfully disagree. As adaptations go I like this one. As mentioned before I watched all the behind the scenes stuff where they explained the changes... And I appreciate the effort to make this be and fresh while remaining familiar.

It's an easy A+ first season for me without even seeing the finale

I just think they could've showed the life on the plantation and how Louis and Lestat would have to deal with that until they were forced to leave, then show Lestat getting Claudia and then shown Lestat being poisoned and killed by them. I don't see how the changes were necessary or serve to tell a better story. Louis needed to learn how to be a vampire. Lestat was broke and needed the plantation to take care of his father. That's key to everything in the original.

I find the TV adaption charming but the changes in characters changed their motivations. But the adaption has the same key plot points as the original, which makes their behavior odd.

Like for example, in the TV adaption, Louis and Claudia had the chance to run away when Lestat left them for lengthy amount of time after he beat up Louis. They accepted him back, and then decide to kill him to be free of him - that doesn't make any sense. Lestat never left in the original. It's these little things because in the original, Louis wasn't romantically involved with Lestat and would've been happy if Lestat would've left him and Claudia.

It's a cool show though.

Yeah, I really wasn't tryna see no slave plantations. I don't care if it was in the book. I like changing that
I personally love jazz and loved learning about the early 1900's in New Orleans. It was a cool ass time. So I was 100% on board with the show choosing that time period.

I've also always been intrigued by block French creole people. So a show highlighting that group was also a win for me.

So those three changes alone were good changes for me before I even saw the show. I knew off top it was going to have to be different than the book to support those changes.... And I very much like how they did it.

Even though he wasn't living them, he kept popping up. So they knew if they left he would have found them. They were both very humbled by his strength.

I mean look how quick he found Claudia trying to leave.

Back