Welcome To aBlackWeb

Interview with the Vampire
Season 1 : episode 3

Is my very nature, that of a devil?

Very interesting title for the episode as I feel this is the most sinister Louis has felt in the series. Even with the weird dinner from episode 2, it's the lying... Or as he put it, the Odyssey of memory. Either way the series is making it painfully aware that Louis is not an honest or reliable narrator.

Daniel himself picked up when he played various clips from 1973 Louis compared to 2022 Louis. Daniel thinks L
2022 Louis is more rehearsed, and Louis counters by saying 1973 was the performance..... What?!!!

I dunno, I'm still engaged... But it's just ...a lot..... Not to mention he previously said he didn't consider himself a homosexual man, yet here comes this old boyfriend. And tries to play it off like it wasn't nuffin, and Lestat rightfully called him on his shit. He heard their hearts dancing!

The drama in this show is unexpected, and I feel like the direction wants you to question the viewer as to should we trust Louis? Is he really a good guy because he wants to hang on to his humanity.

He doesn't want to be a killer, but like Lestat says...wow, I feel sorry for the kitty population of New Orleans. 🤣🤣

Yes this series remains to be bold with their changes.... But I feel the essence remains. Louis is very reluctant to be a vampire, yet he is struggling very unsuccessfully in maintaining his standing in the human world. His family is rejecting him, his peers had enough of him...and Lestat is getting increasingly irritated they Louis isn't thankful for the dark gift and just embraces being a vampire.

The teaser ending of Claudia was right on time... Because she aides in that transition for Louis. Business is about to pick up. Claudia was easily my favorite character in the novel, and my anticipation on this performance is very high. Can't wait till next week.

Grade 7/10

I had to at least give it a C. Not a bad episode... But a lot of annoying moments, and Louis is deliberately misleading us, and I do not like it.

I think they made a distinct point at the end of the episode to point out how Lois has been fighting against his vampire nature. Him going crazy on that cac was him accepting his nature. He even said "I am a vampire" with some acceptance.

In the next episode you see him moving with a bit more confidence and with less ties to the human world imo

I think they made a distinct point at the end of the episode to point out how Lois has been fighting against his vampire nature. Him going crazy on that cac was him accepting his nature. He even said "I am a vampire" with some acceptance.

In the next episode you see him moving with a bit more confidence and with less ties to the human world imo
It's like the old saying, you learn something better by teaching it to someone else.

By teaching Claudia he becomes a better vampire. He has less attachment to the real world cuz he has a whole little family now

Maybe y'all should just stop jumping the gun

fuck all that. YOU in the minority here. Literally the only one that doesnt watch the episodes as they are released.

Maybe you shouldnt come in here until youve seen the latest episode that AMC themselves released

fuck all that. YOU in the minority here. Literally the only one that doesnt watch the episodes as they are released.

Maybe you shouldnt come in here until youve seen the latest episode that AMC themselves released
You're right, one person shouldn't hold a thread up. I'm about to watch the next episode. I won't be back in here until I'm done so @Duwop do your thing

I love how the actress perfectly captures that wild unpredictable spontaneously crazy personality she has. She's like a pitbull with no leash.....

Also given my episode 3 review you could tell I was getting annoyed with Louis ..and I honestly think that was the goal. So to switch up narrators right at that point was a brilliant move..... Brilliant.

Plus from Claudia's eyes Louis seems way more happy with everything than he does in Louis episodes.

The whole giggling whileb Lestat was hopping in my his coffin kinda illustrates how much fun Louis was really having...when from Louis point of view we rarely see that.

Plus Claudia at the funeral was awesome. This was definitely a good episode. The trailer for next week was crazy

I love how the actress perfectly captures that wild unpredictable spontaneously crazy personality she has. She's like a pitbull with no leash.....

Also given my episode 3 review you could tell I was getting annoyed with Louis ..and I honestly think that was the goal. So to switch up narrators right at that point was a brilliant move..... Brilliant.

Plus from Claudia's eyes Louis seems way more happy with everything than he does in Louis episodes.

The whole giggling whileb Lestat was hopping in my his coffin kinda illustrates how much fun Louis was really having...when from Louis point of view we rarely see that.

Plus Claudia at the funeral was awesome. This was definitely a good episode. The trailer for next week was crazy

One thing that didnt connect with me off the bat was why Claudia passed on that one dude but randomly and chaotically picked the cop. Like there was no rhyme or reason for her decision it seems

You're right, one person shouldn't hold a thread up. I'm about to watch the next episode. I won't be back in here until I'm done so @Duwop do your thing
I don't know why AMC is broadcasting a week behind the app. But I'm literally cut copy and pasting my reviews for episodes from Facebook the day they air.

Plus I like having a week of rewatching to make my review. Because especially with 3. It grew on me over the week. I almost hated it last Sunday. But after a week of watching, I liked it more and more. I just couldn't shake that there was something off with Louis.

And episode 4 perfectly addressed that in one watch.

So I'll keep my review schedule the same. But I'm keeping spoiler tags on for the most part. Cuz I can get ahead of myself

One thing that didnt connect with me off the bat was why Claudia passed on that one dude but randomly and chaotically picked the cop. Like there was no rhyme or reason for her decision it seems

You're right... But easy answer...

She's selective..fickled. very child like. Plus she can read minds. She felt cop was a better victim.

Remember when Louis wanted the strong robust soldier and Lestat made him settle for the boring visiting salesman

When Louis thought Lestat drank the singer, but he preferred the dentist from a dentist convention.

In their youth they want big strong victims naturally.

So she chose the cop bcuz he seemed like a stronger victim. His blood was prolly richer in taste.

And they had to lecture her... No more cops. Yes they taste great, but that shit will make shit hot... Fast

It's like this show is teaching how vampires blend in.

Most vampire shows it's like some sinister plot. Or some greater purpose like Louis was looking for.

Nope, just bored immortals who tryna make the most of it and have a good time

Louis can't turn humans into vampires?
He can. He's just not as strong as Lestat. Turning somebody takes a lot out of you. Because they are draining your blood.

Vampires can feed on vampires...

In the novel Louis fed on Claudia and almost killed her, and Lestat found them and turned her outta spite because that was the first human Louis fed from in a while, and Lestat didn't want the reminder that he ate a kid to go away.....

They made that shit way nicer in this show to say the least

"No one goes upstairs" Oh that nigga gay gay
Yeah Louie being gay gay is still apart of his departure. He's still thinking of himself as a sexual being.

Like it's clear Lestat doesn't give a fuck about male or female... He just enjoys the individual person. His preference switches based on how interesting the person in front of him is...

Louis still thinking like a gay man.
Lestat isn't restricted by such labels.

Back