Welcome To aBlackWeb

Good episode.

sucks to see his relationship with his actual family just collapse further and further as time goes on. Moms being too hard on him while at the same time living off him. crazy.

next week bout to be wild
so he saves Claudia at the end of the episode which is a change from the movie. Is that how it went down in the book?

It's not a complaint but more of an observation. I wasn't expecting Louie to only be with men

I think there would have been more mayhem for the city after displaying the fat white guy like that

I now see the complaints about Claudia's age. Making her look like a teenage and Louie and Lestat "adopting" her seems too temporary. I think they should have casted someone more accurate to the age

Because episode 3 don't air until next week

how bout this.. if you are reading this and still havent seen episode two.. hit ether or quote this post. Otherwise we just gonna run with the assumption that everybody in here seen the shit and wants to discuss it freely lol

Notice how nobody hit ether or quoted this post.

The few of us in here are pretty much all caught up and peep these joints soon as they drop digitally

just finished. I'm definitely gonna watch some more, but these past two episodes with just Louis and Lestat... Have been kinda mid.

Mainly because the first episode was so good.... On their own their interesting.... But compared to how the show started.....I wouldn't say I'm let down... But I'm glad we get Claudia next week. Business can pick up.

Louis is classically known as overly sensitive and a bore.....and maybe that's what's been stressed these past few episodes... His desire to hold on to his human life is a bore... Let's just to being vampires
.. Killing shit... Using powers....

Louis and his rar drinking is getting old

so he saves Claudia at the end of the episode which is a change from the movie. Is that how it went down in the book?
I forget the fight they had.... But Louis true to the show was only feeding on rats, cats, and dogs....ea weak and getting on Lestat's nerves. They got into a big fight and Louis went into the dead part of the city that was closed off due to a plague of some sorts.

She was a 5 or 6 year old girl, filled with sickness, close to death, clinging to her already dead mother crying for her to wake up.

In the show she's a 14 year old black girl in a burning house during a race riot, who's aunt was burned to death on the other side of the door

@Duwop

Did you peep how they gave Louis that fire starting power you mentioned a couple pages back? Did he have that in the books?

Review for episode 2

Not putting it in spoiler.

2 no longer needs to be in spoilers

Interview with the vampire
Season 1 Episode 2

".... After the phantoms of your former self"

After that masterpiece that was episode 1, the second understandably could not top the first. I was hoping it would, but it definitely did not.

But it did effectively establish what many readers look to recognize from Louis. How human he is. And he was really trying to hold on to his human life in this Episode. He's really trying not to be a vampire. Even now. He made sure to tell Daniel he no longer kills. He ate a fox.. And all his feedings were on bags of plasma and willing victims who didn't die.

Which was very peculiar for Louis. I didn't mind set up in the episode, but the elaborate dinner was a bit off putting. Weird to say the least. I'm sure it was cool to a lot a viewers... But it was just odd to me. I could see a Marius living like this. And I saw online someone even suggested that this apartment might actually belong to Marius, because it would make more sense for Marius to have his painting displayed in his own home. Louis owning a painting from Marius just seems gratuitous. Marius letting Louis use his apartment for this interview seems much more true to their personalities. But that's my speculation. Mainly because Louis, who always feels connected to humanity, normally lived much more humble and human. Marius lived like Prince. Dude was ridiculously lavish about everything. And the entire dinner felt more like something he would do to amuse himself with his human guest.

But that might be a nit pick for a change from the novels. Overall still a pretty good episode. Louis family and his attempt to hold on to them is one of the better conflicts in the show thus far. The pure tension on if he would feed on his nephew was crazy. I really hoped he didn't eat the baby. But then when he didn't, I thought of how f'd up it would have been if he did.

And now let's get to Lestat.

Every time I watch his scene with the Tenor....I laugh harder and harder. Every thing about that scene was hilarious and sinister AF. Like watching YOU KNEW he was going to kill that man.... But simply because he couldn't sing??

That was funny. Like real funny.

He kept saying WRONG WRONG on every bad note🤣🤣🤣 that really brings that episode home for me. Lestat was very fun and comedic this episode. He's really showing himself as the Brat Prince... And Louis is trying to make everything so serious.

It seems like there's more of that in episode 3. But I wanna give it a few more watches before doing a review.

But for episode 2...

I'll give it 8/10

It was almost a 7. But the scene with the Tenor was just too good.

@Duwop

Did you peep how they gave Louis that fire starting power you mentioned a couple pages back? Did he have that in the books?
Louis has NEVER had that power it's WAYYYYYYYYYYY above his pay grade.

That's something you normally don't develop until 1,000-2,000 years old. By 2022 Louis only been a vampire like 110 years. And he's been known to be weak because he barely feeds from humans.

And he never feeds from vampires. Even though mad vampires have begged him to drink from them so he can be strong enough to defend himself or gain powers like high speed flight or starting fires.

By the time of this story Lestat has drank enough from enough older vampires to have this power....Louis not even close. Cuz Lestat didn't make him strong.

It takes consecutive full drains to make a vampire really strong. Lestat only gave Louis one.

They may or may not introduce that. But prolly not. Cuz they gave him millennial powers that he shouldn't have right off the break

Louis has NEVER had that power it's WAYYYYYYYYYYY above his pay grade.

That's something you normally don't develop until 1,000-2,000 years old. By 2022 Louis only been a vampire like 110 years. And he's been known to be weak because he barely feeds from humans.

And he never feeds from vampires. Even though mad vampires have begged him to drink from them so he can be strong enough to defend himself or gain powers like high speed flight or starting fires.

By the time of this story Lestat has drank enough from enough older vampires to have this power....Louis not even close. Cuz Lestat didn't make him strong.

It takes consecutive full drains to make a vampire really strong. Lestat only gave Louis one.

They may or may not introduce that. But prolly not. Cuz they gave him millennial powers that he shouldn't have right off the break

I didnt understand the scene where he drank from his own wrist either.. Like that doesnt make sense for a vampire to do

Review for episode 2

Not putting it in spoiler.

2 no longer needs to be in spoilers

Interview with the vampire
Season 1 Episode 2

".... After the phantoms of your former self"

After that masterpiece that was episode 1, the second understandably could not top the first. I was hoping it would, but it definitely did not.

But it did effectively establish what many readers look to recognize from Louis. How human he is. And he was really trying to hold on to his human life in this Episode. He's really trying not to be a vampire. Even now. He made sure to tell Daniel he no longer kills. He ate a fox.. And all his feedings were on bags of plasma and willing victims who didn't die.

Which was very peculiar for Louis. I didn't mind set up in the episode, but the elaborate dinner was a bit off putting. Weird to say the least. I'm sure it was cool to a lot a viewers... But it was just odd to me. I could see a Marius living like this. And I saw online someone even suggested that this apartment might actually belong to Marius, because it would make more sense for Marius to have his painting displayed in his own home. Louis owning a painting from Marius just seems gratuitous. Marius letting Louis use his apartment for this interview seems much more true to their personalities. But that's my speculation. Mainly because Louis, who always feels connected to humanity, normally lived much more humble and human. Marius lived like Prince. Dude was ridiculously lavish about everything. And the entire dinner felt more like something he would do to amuse himself with his human guest.

But that might be a nit pick for a change from the novels. Overall still a pretty good episode. Louis family and his attempt to hold on to them is one of the better conflicts in the show thus far. The pure tension on if he would feed on his nephew was crazy. I really hoped he didn't eat the baby. But then when he didn't, I thought of how f'd up it would have been if he did.

And now let's get to Lestat.

Every time I watch his scene with the Tenor....I laugh harder and harder. Every thing about that scene was hilarious and sinister AF. Like watching YOU KNEW he was going to kill that man.... But simply because he couldn't sing??

That was funny. Like real funny.

He kept saying WRONG WRONG on every bad note🤣🤣🤣 that really brings that episode home for me. Lestat was very fun and comedic this episode. He's really showing himself as the Brat Prince... And Louis is trying to make everything so serious.

It seems like there's more of that in episode 3. But I wanna give it a few more watches before doing a review.

But for episode 2...

I'll give it 8/10

It was almost a 7. But the scene with the Tenor was just too good.

I gotta rewatch but in episode 3 when the interviewer was going through different tapes/times/locations I got the feeling that they werent in the same house/location as episode 1 and 2. I might have to run that one back to be sure tho

Back