Welcome To aBlackWeb

Watched it 3 times... That church seen bruh....

Like fucking classic.

That shit was so intense

This how they were in the books though

They weren't gay as in how we think of gay today. They just were together and Lestst loved him but it was like a love that transcended any sense of the contemporary conception love between two men or even a man and a woman. It was like some Greek or Roman shit. Where Lestat was his mentor and Louis was his subordinate.

Now this shit is just gay.

Like this shit is an interracial homosexual romantic power fantasy where the wealthy aristocratic old money White man seduces the rough around the edges Black ghetto superstar closeted homothug.

They weren't gay as in how we think of gay today. They just were together and Lestst loved him but it was like a love that transcended any sense of the contemporary conception love between two men or even a man and a woman. It was like some Greek or Roman shit. Where Lestat was his mentor and Louis was his subordinate.

Now this shit is just gay.

Like this shit is an interracial homosexual romantic power fantasy where the wealthy aristocratic old money White man seduces the rough around the edges Black ghetto superstar closeted homothug.

Greeks and Romans were gay as fuck lol.

Anyway.. let's not harp on this shit. You either gonna continue watching it or you not

Greeks and Romans were gay as fuck lol.

Anyway.. let's not harp on this shit. You either gonna continue watching it or you not

Greeks and Romans weren't gay though, they just didn't find women interesting enough to limit themselves to one thing. It wasn't a romantic thing.

They had wives and shit for procreation but they could only view a free man as an equal. So like, brotherhood, male mentorship, male friendship, kinda was rolled into one. Their most intense emotional relationships would be with another man. Then Christianity came and that's when women became the sole object of a man's affection.

Like if you called them gay they would be confused because they wouldn't want marry and spend their rest of their lives with a man. They would probably would find the idea of a sexual orientation stupid. If you wanna fuck, you just fuck.

That's vibe I got from all of the vampires in Anne Rice novels. The vampires had like a mentor-mentee model of companionship and their sexuality transcended any contemporary sense of the word. Plus, these beings are gonna live forever, why have them grounded in petty human constraints.

I'ma keep watching, ain't like I never seen a man fuck another man before lol.

Just making Louis be the stereotypical homothug, hiding behind this facade of street toughness is unfortunate.

Just making Louis be the stereotypical homothug, hiding behind this facade of street toughness is unfortunate.

thats the perception and takeaway YOU came up with. I didnt see that at all but coo. Im not trying to do a deep dive on this. You gon feel how you feel about the show.

End of the day I just hope for a good story

Greeks and Romans weren't gay though, they just didn't find women interesting enough to limit themselves to one thing. It wasn't a romantic thing.

They had wives and shit for procreation but they could only view a free man as an equal. So like, brotherhood, male mentorship, male friendship, kinda was rolled into one. Their most intense emotional relationships would be with another man. Then Christianity came and that's when women became the sole object of a man's affection.

Like if you called them gay they would be confused because they wouldn't want marry and spend their rest of their lives with a man. They would probably would find the idea of a sexual orientation stupid. If you wanna fuck, you just fuck.

That's vibe I got from all of the vampires in Anne Rice novels. The vampires had like a mentor-mentee model of companionship and their sexuality transcended any contemporary sense of the word. Plus, these beings are gonna live forever, why have them grounded in petty human constraints.

50892100-9B1A-41F8-AE7E-1AA5E1E3A8C9.gif

It's literally the same shit from the books. I've read the shit multiple times. They're accurately portraying scenes from the novels. This is nothing new or different. But I agree with inori. The motherfuckers in a relationship. Either you cool with watching it, or you not

Also I love how important and intimate they make the blood drinking.

Most vampire lore skips over that part... But Anne's vampires make a really big deal about drinking blood. From what I've seen this show will do the same.

Episode one:

In Throes of Increasing Wonder

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT WATCH!!!!

I purposely did not re read interview before the debut of this series. From the very beginning I knew there would be significant changes for this adaptation, and I just wanted to rely on my fond memories of the original novel. I wanted to see where this series would pull my attention.. What they wanted fans to recognize as familiar.

Firstly...I loved the transformation of Daniel. Daniel as an older bitter but seasoned reporter was a very unexpected but nice touch to make this modern. The entire universe starts with the interview, and an older Daniel...a knowing Daniel... Makes for a great introduction.

That brings us to Louis, who was also very different from the description in the novels, very different from Brad Pitt... This new Louis was very very different.... But I liked him.

The actor that played Louis displayed a wide range of emotions.... He was so passionate, so angry, so conflicted.... He really made me like this character. I like this Louis. I liked his family. His sister, his mother, his brother.... All good and interesting original characters. I found myself taking a liking to them all. I was cool with Louis being the big man on Liberty street. It was different, and he fit the role.

The introduction of Lestat was marvelous. I felt like he understood everything that makes Lestat... Lestat. He was charming, funny, evil, petty, mischievous, manipulative, but ultimately lonely....I think knowing that as a reader makes me understand his motives. His motives may seem sinister.... But Lestat just likes playing with interesting people.... And right from the jump you see his attraction to Louis .. He said it himself... He watched a man pull a knife on his brother and said....yup.... I'm home.

It's amazing how much they squeezed in one hour. The wedding was so warm. My wife and I visited new Orleans last summer.... It really made me smile watching Louis and his brother dancing at his sister's wedding. That was such a nice touch. It really made you get attached to Louis family.

And ultimately I think that's where this show will thrive.... The attachment to the original characters. This is a vampire show. People will die. So the more you care about the victims.... The better this show will be

They met in front of a florist. They both wanted the last bouquet of Lilies 😫

Ultimately the performances won me over. The last 10 minutes were so intense. I literally got teary eyed during Louis confession.....I knew this show would be good... But I wasn't expecting the first episode to deliver like that.

I've seen a lot of adaptations. And my rule has always been that if it's still good...I don't mind the changes.....I loved this first episode. The simple time period change from the 1800's to the 1900's to highlight the birth of jazz in new Orleans was such a masterful touch to make this show stand out in complete different direction than the novel or first movie.

This show is different. It's bold. And so far, so good. It feels fresh and familiar at the same time. I can't wait to watch the next episode......

10/10

Episode one:

In Throes of Increasing Wonder

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT WATCH!!!!

I purposely did not re read interview before the debut of this series. From the very beginning I knew there would be significant changes for this adaptation, and I just wanted to rely on my fond memories of the original novel. I wanted to see where this series would pull my attention.. What they wanted fans to recognize as familiar.

Firstly...I loved the transformation of Daniel. Daniel as an older bitter but seasoned reporter was a very unexpected but nice touch to make this modern. The entire universe starts with the interview, and an older Daniel...a knowing Daniel... Makes for a great introduction.

That brings us to Louis, who was also very different from the description in the novels, very different from Brad Pitt... This new Louis was very very different.... But I liked him.

The actor that played Louis displayed a wide range of emotions.... He was so passionate, so angry, so conflicted.... He really made me like this character. I like this Louis. I liked his family. His sister, his mother, his brother.... All good and interesting original characters. I found myself taking a liking to them all. I was cool with Louis being the big man on Liberty street. It was different, and he fit the role.

The introduction of Lestat was marvelous. I felt like he understood everything that makes Lestat... Lestat. He was charming, funny, evil, petty, mischievous, manipulative, but ultimately lonely....I think knowing that as a reader makes me understand his motives. His motives may seem sinister.... But Lestat just likes playing with interesting people.... And right from the jump you see his attraction to Louis .. He said it himself... He watched a man pull a knife on his brother and said....yup.... I'm home.

It's amazing how much they squeezed in one hour. The wedding was so warm. My wife and I visited new Orleans last summer.... It really made me smile watching Louis and his brother dancing at his sister's wedding. That was such a nice touch. It really made you get attached to Louis family.

And ultimately I think that's where this show will thrive.... The attachment to the original characters. This is a vampire show. People will die. So the more you care about the victims.... The better this show will be

They met in front of a florist. They both wanted the last bouquet of Lilies 😫

Ultimately the performances won me over. The last 10 minutes were so intense. I literally got teary eyed during Louis confession.....I knew this show would be good... But I wasn't expecting the first episode to deliver like that.

I've seen a lot of adaptations. And my rule has always been that if it's still good...I don't mind the changes.....I loved this first episode. The simple time period change from the 1800's to the 1900's to highlight the birth of jazz in new Orleans was such a masterful touch to make this show stand out in complete different direction than the novel or first movie.

This show is different. It's bold. And so far, so good. It feels fresh and familiar at the same time. I can't wait to watch the next episode......

10/10

I'm surprised you havent watched the second episode by now

AMC dropped it didnt they? I feel like it's fair game
Yeah, imma still wait till Sunday. To do it. Give people who don't have the app or streaming sites a chance to see it.

I don't think it was as good as the premier... But on the last couple of watches it grew on me too

8/10

Lestat is a hilarious teacher.

Yeah, imma still wait till Sunday. To do it. Give people who don't have the app or streaming sites a chance to see it.

I don't think it was as good as the premier... But on the last couple of watches it grew on me too

8/10

lmao at Louis killin that cac for talkin slick.

Like you could see him going through the motions and then being like wait a gotdamn minute I dont gotta put up with this shit!

8/10

Put it in a spoiler, if somebody click it then they want to be spoiled

bruh that is definitely false. Greeks were super gay. Alexander the Great father was killed cuz his young lover got abused by his friends. If they engagein sex with men they gay. Vampires being gay don’t seem like a new trope to me anyway.

Back