Welcome To aBlackWeb

that shit was SO FUCKED UP!!!

my wife was like, he bout to kill himself, and all I could say was funny you say that.... Cuz I saw it coming too.

In the books he just lost his wife and child.

The family in the show are all new editions. So far very little of Louis from the books is in this show. His character is way different. All of that was new. The sisters wedding, the crazy brother, the rich momma..... All of that is original, none of it came from the books. But Louis was morning mourning the loss of his family.. So I knew one of them at least would die

I was just thankful Lestat didn't kill any of them. Cuz he definitely would. He wants 100% of your attention. Couldn't even let that man mourn

that's why I halfway think Lestat was responsible. The brother said before he jumped Lestat was in his head n shit

that's why I halfway think Lestat was responsible. The brother said before he jumped Lestat was in his head n shit
he definitely fucked with him at the table. And left an impression on him that he was the devil.... But I don't think Lestat made him kill himself.

Without spoiling anything..... It would have been known if that was what it was. Lestat is very deliberate.

Like the first time they met and Louis was pissed at Lestat, my wife asked was Lestat using his powers then...I was like naw... You'll know.. He's very deliberate. He wants you to know he is doing the shit he's doing.

Then at the card game when he really started showing Louis his powers, you saw how much fun he was having with it and making sure Louis knew what was going on. Like he was talking directly to him while talking to other people... That's right out the books.

When he took the little drink.... That was him using his powers on Louis.

Also this show is very meta

Like the entire way they introduce the interview is like the show is breaking the 4th wall and taking directly to the audience

"Ok guys.... These tapes that Louis sent Daniel.... That's the first book and the first movie.... Yes it was good, but it's like 50 years old and Daniel was a nameless boy in the first book. It was actually a horrible interview.... Great story, great characters, but horrible interview. So this interview, this show is our do over. Our chance to tell the story the way it should have been told the first time."

EXTREMELY bold to start like that.... But I like it thus far. I don't think they gonna fumble this.

I think they are excited as I am

Show gets a second season 4 days before it's debut
Early release of the premier 3 days before it's debut

They know they gotta banger on their hands

Also this show is very meta

Like the entire way they introduce the interview is like the show is breaking the 4th wall and taking directly to the audience

"Ok guys.... These tapes that Louis sent Daniel.... That's the first book and the first movie.... Yes it was good, but it's like 50 years old and Daniel was a nameless boy in the first book. It was actually a horrible interview.... Great story, great characters, but horrible interview. So this interview, this show is our do over. Our chance to tell the story the way it should have been told the first time."

EXTREMELY bold to start like that.... But I like it thus far. I don't think they gonna fumble this.

I think they are excited as I am

Show gets a second season 4 days before it's debut
Early release of the premier 3 days before it's debut

They know they gotta banger on their hands

so that mark on the reporters neck is a play on dude from the movie getting attacked in his car by lestat after the interview but they changed it slightly to have Louis attack him out of frustration of how the interview was going?

I like how they have it set at present day as well tho

so that mark on the reporters neck is a play on dude from the movie getting attacked in his car by lestat after the interview but they changed it slightly to have Louis attack him out of frustration of how the interview was going?

I like how they have it set at present day as well tho
Right, and neither of that happened in the book.

And I'm not gonna spoiler this cuz they did none of this in the show, and there's no chance they would considering how it went.

So the very first interview. In 1976. In San Francisco, in the novel where Louis first meets "the boy" (Daniel) he gives him the interview..... The boy asks to be a vampire, Louis scares him and leaves.

And now that I think about it, I did just realize an inconsistency

Louis described the little drink like a drug high.... If Daniel already had a mark on his neck he would know that ...

Anyway... Nobody attacked Daniel in the books. The movie added that. And it looks like the TV show did.

However.... After the interview Daniel in the books did go crazy and was obsessed with finding Lestat. He went to New Orleans n everything. Determined. Never found him. Found someone else instead. And that was some other shit...

So this TV Daniel.... Clearly not book Daniel. Daniel never got that old. They added all that

Interview with a Vampire was my shit. I read all the Lestat books until they got stupid and wanna include other vampires that I ain't give a fuck about.

Lestat was my spirit animal for throughout the 80s. Him and Prince, I literally was them two motherfuckers in one.

The movie was the best vampire movie to me and actually understood what being a metrosexual flexible vampire is about. It was romantic.

Then here comes Twilight and shit and they ruined vampires for a whole decade. All of them whiny they get to stay young and live forever with supernatural powers...boohoo.

I'ma watch this shit, but I don't expect it to be like the book and the movie...because the book and the movie was perfect.

This shit might as well be a whole new story composed out of the pieces of the book. It's basically sampling but for TV instead of music.

Shit was amazing.

the effect of Lestat walking while the priest was running was crazy

I'm bout to watch that final scene again. Man this shit so much better than I expected it

Lol, they made Louis a closeted TI homothug.

I liked it better when the vampires didn't have a sexuality and did shit because they found it novel, this shit is weird.

Last edited:
I don't remember anyone of them having that kind of power except Akasha. If he can do all of that than how OP is she going to be in this?

I don't remember anyone of them having that kind of power except Akasha. If he can do all of that than how OP is she going to be in this?
I mentioned in the spoiler conversation with inori
this is a truer representation of how strong Lestat SHOULD have been in interview.

Chronologically was made by Magnus, drank from Marius and akasha, he would have definitely had the ability to fly by the time he met Louis....

It's like the light saber fights in star wars....

Lestat is like Vader....

Interview was written before those powers were introduced... But considering his origin . He would definitely have them.

This series is expressing that. They even played with it when he was setting the lamp back on fire... pyrokenisis is top tier vampire power... Like only children of the millennial typically have that power....

They call it the fire gift.... He didn't directly use it.... But they played with it. So it's no telling how OP Lestat or later on Akasha will be.....

I said all that to say, this is how strong he really should have been in the original movie

I mentioned in the spoiler conversation with inori
this is a truer representation of how strong Lestat SHOULD have been in interview.

Chronologically was made by Magnus, drank from Marius and akasha, he would have definitely had the ability to fly by the time he met Louis....

It's like the light saber fights in star wars....

Lestat is like Vader....

Interview was written before those powers were introduced... But considering his origin . He would definitely have them.

This series is expressing that. They even played with it when he was setting the lamp back on fire... pyrokenisis is top tier vampire power... Like only children of the millennial typically have that power....

They call it the fire gift.... He didn't directly use it.... But they played with it. So it's no telling how OP Lestat or later on Akasha will be.....

I said all that to say, this is how strong he really should have been in the original movie
I skipped the spoilers because I didn't want to know everything lol

So is he as powerful as Akasha?

But he's much stronger than he was in any other version of interview with the vampire. And considering AMC's proposed universe building it makes complete sense that they started him off this strong.

Back