Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Ok question about index fund, say i buy 1 share of voo for $253. Would i then have to buy a share a month of $253 or however the market fluctuates for it to work in my best intrest?

Ok question about index fund, say i buy 1 share of voo for $253. Would i then have to buy a share a month of $253 or however the market fluctuates for it to work in my best intrest?
buy as you feel.
you are not obligated to buy more.

thats kinda a high start tho.......i mean....uhh

why you buying that in particular?

dont just be coming in taking bruh.......offer up something too.

an you joining the next game to practice and learn right?
Ok ill add something.....

tenor.gif

buy as you feel.
you are not obligated to buy more.

thats kinda a high start tho.......i mean....uhh

why you buying that in particular?
CaUse THeY SaY ITs ThE BeST...

Na but im just doing research trying to understand it all. Ill most likely cop schaub for the 50.
Copped some Reit (NRZ) and I want to get into the s&p index game.

Last edited:
CaUse THeY SaY ITs ThE BeST...

Na but im just doing research trying to understand it all. Ill most likely cop schaub for the 50.
Copped some Reit and I want to get into the s&p index game.
just jump in the game when its set up.

test the watetrs. build ya confidence.
everyone in here helps each other.
its a great thing.

jedi master @Sion will be in here soon to guide the masses.
im like jarjar banks. no logic to how i do shit but it always works out in the end

Next question. Is it advisable to cop different s&p 500 funds or is it best to just cop one (swppx) and then buy other types of index funds?

Next question. Is it advisable to cop different s&p 500 funds or is it best to just cop one (swppx) and then buy other types of index funds?
diversification is always good.

all your eggs in one basket is not a good thing.

take a look the abw game going on an look at the shares people got.

you really dont have to start so high......there are cheaper indexes that can give you more shares and higher potential profits

diversification is always good.

all your eggs in one basket is not a good thing.

take a look the abw game going on an look at the shares people got.

you really dont have to start so high......there are cheaper indexes that can give you more shares and higher potential profits
Cool

Warren buffet says otherwise in diversity so i was stuck in a keep it to just a few stocks

Yea fam. Stick with swppx. Its the best of its kind.
Can you explain the best way to attack it on a month to month bases? I know you said something about 100 a month? So would you mean buy 2 shares of swppx a month?

I was going to cop 2 shares now and 2 or more each month. Do i have that method down correctly?

Buy every month fam. It dont matter if the fund is higher month 2 than it was on month 1. Cause depending on the fund, these are gonna always go up. Theres always gonna be a crash here and there like the one we in, but the US stock market historically increases about 10% per year. So the fact that its higher on month 2 doesnt matter in the long run. The main purpose is to increase how much you have in the fund so that 10% increase becomes significant. So buying $250 a month is a good plan.

Btw, bout your other question. I did mean mutual fund. Mutual funds and index funds are almost identical. The big differences is that for an index fund, you buy full shares, so if the fund cost $50, $200 gets you 4 shares. With a mutual fund you cam buy any dollar amount. So if the fund costs $50, and you wanna spend $210 on it, you can buy $210 and get like 4.25 shares.

Personally, id buy different types of funds. Funds that track the s+p 500 are always going to have almost identical performances, cause they built using the same companies. You can look into the top 50 holdings each have to compare and pick one, but buying into multiple doesnt make sense.

The only differences might be that swppx might 5% apple and 4.5% microsoft and so on, and a different fund might have 5.5% microsoft and 4% apple. But overall their performances will almost be the same.

I would say make swppx your main investment since its the safest one and requires the least thought. It averages 10-15% growth a year and the dividends it pays will cover the fund expense.

And then find you a fund with agressive growth. Something that might give you 30% the next 2 years and invest a bit in there. You can find a mutual/index fund that tracks anything. Weed companies, space companies, robotics, green energy, guns, etc. So find a new emerging industry that you think will have a ton of growth in the next 2 years and buy a fund that tracks those companies.

Can you explain the best way to attack it on a month to month bases? I know you said something about 100 a month? So would you mean buy 2 shares of swppx a month?

I was going to cop 2 shares now and 2 or more each month. Do i have that method down correctly?

Yea. the method is right. But again, keep in mind swppx is a mutual fund, so you can buy whole numbers regardless of share price. Meaning you can throw $100 a month in, or $90, or $110 etc. Dont need to calculate the price of 2 shares and buy that amount. thats what makes mutual funds easier to deal with.

Best way to attack it imo is find you a brokerage company that offers swppx and then also offers automatic investment. Then you set automatic investment to take $100 from your bank every month and buy swppx with it and be hands off. Year 2, you update your auto investment to take $200. Year 3 update again. By year 20, depending on how much you invested, you got a ton of money in there and the money you made off growth is a ton more than what you put in.

Yea. the method is right. But again, keep in mind swppx is a mutual fund, so you can buy whole numbers regardless of share price. Meaning you can throw $100 a month in, or $90, or $110 etc. Dont need to calculate the price of 2 shares and buy that amount. thats what makes mutual funds easier to deal with.

Best way to attack it imo is find you a brokerage company that offers swppx and then also offers automatic investment. Then you set automatic investment to take $100 from your bank every month and buy swppx with it and be hands off. Year 2, you update your auto investment to take $200. Year 3 update again. By year 20, depending on how much you invested, you got a ton of money in there and the money you made off growth is a ton more than what you put in.
My nigga

For the people that invest in mutual funds, do you see yourselves investing less or more money into the Small Cap and International Funds and more in the Blue Chip/Large Cap funds with the pandemic going on?

It seems like more growth is being seen in Blue Chip/Large Cap mutual funds than other types of funds

I'm sure this has been said but those who don't have the funds to buy some of these bigger named stock with the large price tags or new to stock s a whole. Hop on Acorns,Robinhood and a few others and find smaller priced stock and start buying them and learn how to play the stock market with those apps and companies.

The stock game is a waiting game and not a get rich quick game also so to the new heads wanting to get in the game please be conscious of that before you think you're about to make a quick milli

Back