Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Lmao at this “rally.”

Yah I'm not quite understanding how things are "UP" at the moment especially with things in such flux.

Theres still mad people that cant work and businesses that cant operate like normal. I wouldn't be surprised at another drop coming soon.

As I've said before I'm in it for the long haul tho

All green day.

Y'all with it?

Shit seemed promising this Morning with those 3-4% gains until 3PM hit, then all Hell broke loose.

The U.S. cut its 2020 oil production forecast by more than 1 million barrels a day, as collapsing crude prices and plummeting demand threaten to shutter production. Production is expected to average 11.76 million barrels a day through December, down from a previous forecast of 12.99 million barrels, the Energy Information Administration said on Tuesday. The agency also trimmed its 2021 output expectations by 1.6 million barrels a day to just over 11 million barrels.

Nissan and Honda on Tuesday said they had furloughed thousands of workers at their U.S. operations as the coronavirus pandemic slashes demand for cars in the country. A spokesman for Honda, which employs about 18,400 workers at plants in Alabama, Indiana, and Ohio, said the Japanese automaker would guarantee salaries through Sunday, having suspended operations on March 23rd, according to the New York Post. The plants will be closed through May 1st.

Auto insurers are refunding hundreds of millions in premiums to customers as people have stopped driving. Allstate Corp said it would return a total of $600 million with customers receiving 15% of their April and May premiums. American Family Insurance is returning a total of $200 million.

Yeah. You've been holding that spot for a min and some seconds. I dropped to 10 Today. I gotta unload some of those bad stocks I bought, starting with Tesla. I'm going to wait 1 more Day before I make my decision.
man im on cruise control.

i need to get that new game started.

@Sion

Bruh, when you have time, what do you think of chip makers? Im talking AMD, AMAT, Intel, Nvidia etc. Im planning on picking up two new mutual funds later this year/early next year and thinking a semi conductor mutual fund will be one of them.

Im thinking SOXX(this is an ETF), FSELX and the like.

You dont need to go through these funds or nothing. Aint trying to take up that much of your time. Just wondering what your opinions are on the semiconductor industry as a whole and if you think the ps5 and new xbox being in development is gonna be a boost to the industry as a whole.

If you do them you'll never get back to your spot because your next return will have to make double what you lost just to break even. Might be better off holding.

Ok, I'll keep them. This is definitely a Lesson well learned for when I do jump into the mix. I know I made a few mistakes already when I started.

EDIT: Jumped to 7th place. Not bad......

I am investing in index funds (vtsax, vsmax), then payroll companies (payx, adp), then fitness (plnt, ww), then oil in that order.

if you want to watch and do research on a penny stock check out jcp. They may exceed their quarterly guidance just based off the CARE Act bill the government passed.One of their biggest expensese is payroll

Oh shit! I'm in the Top 3!

I was at 5 for the past few Days, now I shot up. Thank Goodness I'm a patient man......

Thanks for the advice @Sion I almost panicked and started selling too damn soon. 'Hood Looking my bruddah.

cotdamn,.

@bootcheese3000 diversified like a mf

he bought the whole damn market....LMAO!!!!!

that was a nice come up

im watching @dasmooth1
he trynna creep up.

i think i need to come off cruise control and head out of reach again.

cotdamn,.

@bootcheese3000 diversified like a mf

he bought the whole damn market....LMAO!!!!!

that was a nice come up

im watching @dasmooth1
he trynna creep up.

i think i need to come off cruise control and head out of reach again.

Sure did. My strategy was copping shares in Companies I'm not a huge fan of (not a fan of Nike's or Amazon's Business ethics) to Companies I'm fan of (I'm an Artist so Adobe was a smart Investment, esp with everyone being at Home more on a regular basis) to Companies I figured would be a smart Investment. Besides doing my own research, I read up on the posts in here to decide what I wanted to invest in. As soon as I get enough $$$$ and the timing's right, I'm going to jump into the foray and invest in the Market for real. Thanks to everybody here for their info, input, and advice.

Just wanna follow up my long post bout mutual funds. Overall that should be only one of your investments. Thats the just in case nothing else works.

For example, if all my business plans fail and my other stock purchases end in losses, if I keep up the s and p tracking mutual fund investment, I can retire at 55 and chill out with the interest from that.

So this shouldnt be your only investment, just one of them. This one is the one you never touch and requires a ton of patience.
Do you mean index fund?

Bruh honestly I think buying indexes and mutual funds are much better in these situations. They are low as a mfer.

I been saying SWPPX but I recently been looking into VFIAX.

They do the same thing so their gains are about the same, which is tracking the SP 500. But SWPPX has a lower expense percentage (0.02 vs 0.04), but VFIAX has much higher dividends.

Picking individual stocks are a crap shoot unless you know how to read the date like @Sion.

The market crashing makes individual stocks easy but going forward invidual stocks are tough to pick.

You can also find agressive ass indexes and mutual funds. Like for now im looking at funds that track the S and P, but you can find some specific ass funds like ones that are only in tech, weed, defense, etc.
Lookin at pulling the trigger on swppx. Would be my first index fund purchase. That vanguard is high as fuck.

Back