Welcome To aBlackWeb

21 Savage says Nas isn’t relevant

Lol @ 'relevancy'

IYKYK

View attachment 961193

Tryna walk in my soles is like bare feet on hot coals
Soon as I start heatin' up, the whole block froze
I came in without an ordinary name, how many Nasirs?
How many top tier? How many not here?
There's something in the name that's different from theirs

Depicted in scripture holdin' two dragons blowin' flames
Sorry it ain't go the same for y'all
They say Allah, please explain Allah
You Godbody or do you praise Allah?
And still rock crosses all on your chain a lot
I'm scorchin' and I never forced it
Even when forces and powers that be went against me
Y'all use that as an excuse, you dudes cannot convince me
Or trick me out my spot, y'all want my shit like Sherman Hemsley”

:paid:

Last edited:
What makes one relevant, being talked about by kids?

Is dababy relevant?
Can't sell a ticket for whatever reason but his name still in the headlines.

Is Nas irrelevant cause he isn't being talked about by kids and social media even if he's outselling so-called more popular acts?

Nah, Relevance in music is all encompassing, how many people stop what they're doing when you drop new music, what social media do when your name pop up, how many niggas jump on the same beat, how much you elevate tracks as a feature, is your music is heard when people are actually outside amongst other people, what are you pulling on tour, respect from peers, sales/streams.

Nas only checks a few of those boxes at best.🤷🏿‍♂️

Oh great. We’re now in the “Nas is so good, let me post some of his greatest lyrics and songs” part of the thread. We get it. No one is saying Nas isn’t good. He’s still pretty damn good as he’s nearing 50. Not denying that. He just isn’t as popular as he once was. That’s fine. Music, especially hip hop is a niche genre of music. I don’t expect anyone under 25 to look for a Nas album. That’s all

Oh great. We’re now in the “Nas is so good, let me post some of his greatest lyrics and songs” part of the thread. We get it. No one is saying Nas isn’t good. He’s still pretty damn good as he’s nearing 50. Not denying that. He just isn’t as popular as some think. That’s fine. Music, especially hip hop is a niche genre of music. I don’t expect anyone under 25 to look for a Nas album. That’s all
Why would a nigga under 25 be looking for 50 year old s music anyway?

It’s funny in the Bow Wow is a legend thread
And the Bow Wow vs Big Krit thread

it was sales don’t matter and pop culture don’t matter lmao

It's kinda weird to be grown and concerned about how "relevant" an artist you like is. Like... if it's relevant to you that's really all that should matter. I listen to a lot of shit barely anybody ever heard before but to me it's dope.

Why would anybody here care if teenagers are into the same music as them?

Last edited:
Back