Welcome To aBlackWeb

21 Savage says Nas isn’t relevant

I always laugh at people my age who argue with people in their early mid 20s about rap. Most of them weren’t even alive when Ilmatic came out and were nowhere near an age where they could appreciate music with the blueprint was released. It’s not worth it to argue music with much younger people because most weren’t even functioning when we began to like what we like

True,but the youth shouldn't be saying dumb shit like one of the best artists in your genre isn't relevant. Nas would never disrespect the acts that were older than him when he came in 🤷‍♂️

NIGGAS
Come Here Black Ink Crew GIF by VH1

I always laugh at people my age who argue with people in their early mid 20s about rap. Most of them weren’t even alive when Ilmatic came out and were nowhere near an age where they could appreciate music with the blueprint was released. It’s not worth it to argue music with much younger people because most weren’t even functioning when we began to like what we like
I get that and I wouldn't argue it if we were talking any say Epmd or Rakim or someone who hasn't been active or moving a decent amount of units over the bulk of this younger generations life. Nas has been active damn near the entire time. Hell he dropped a album same year as kendricks debut lol . So he's been around he's been active. The young folk may not be up on the early classics but they should still be familiar with certain artist.

What 21 said that is most revealing and explains why so many of these current rappers are so terrible is because they don't study the greats that came before them. These dudes don't know what they are doing.

That said, I get what he's saying about relevancy, if relevance equals an age group. Very few people I know under 25 are checking for NaS but will talk about Kodak Black or Uzi Vert all day long screaming "BARS" when those cats ain't said anything. Dude still give NaS a lot of respect though.

That said....I couldn't name a 21 Savage song if you stuck a gun to my head.

Last edited:
also in 6 years nas been director on movies, documentary, he won emmy aswell, shit been on netflix discovery+ cnn and more channels

hes relevant outside of music aswell

2016Popstar: Never Stop Never StoppingMockumentary film
The Get DownNarrator11 episodes
2017American Epic: The Big BangHimselfDocumentary film
The American Epic Sessions
2018MonsterRaymond "Sunset" GreenFilm
2019Gully BoyExecutive producer[194][195]Film
2019Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and MenHimselfDocumentary Series
2020The Last DanceHimselfDocumentary film
SMOKE: Marijuana + Black AmericaNarrator, Executive producerDocumentary film
2021Mary J. Blige's My LifeHimselfDocumentary film
2021You're Watching Video Music BoxDirector, Narrator, Executive ProducerDocumentary film
2022Supreme TeamDirector with Peter J Scalletar, Executive ProducerDocumentary series
Awards and nominations

To people in their 20's they not checking for Nas, Nas isn't moving the needle as far as they're concerned.

the fact that one of these niggas that these youngins listen to (21) is talking about Nas and his music would make him relevant in some regard tho wouldn't it tho..and hence.. the needle has been moved(the music AND the discussion of relevance) cuz niggas been goin back and forth about it

the fact that one of these niggas that these youngins listen to (21) is talking about Nas and his music would make him relevant in some regard tho wouldn't it tho..and hence.. the needle has been moved(the music AND the discussion of relevance) cuz niggas been goin back and forth about it
21 let a lot of ppl know Nas has an album out lol

Word of mouth(good or bad) can equate to relevance lol.

Nas relevance stands on its own. This bullshit conversation only adds to it
Word not disagreeing but Nas should thank 21 for putting more eyes on his project

internet actually talking about Nas now

Word of mouth(good or bad) can equate to relevance lol.

Nas relevance stands on its own. This bullshit conversation only adds to it

We talk about old school acts all the time and it doesn't mean they aren't irrelevant

Word not disagreeing but Nas should thank 21 for putting more eyes on his project

internet actually talking about Nas now

Yeah he def got a boost from 21 low key hate. How relevant is 21 when he aint standing beside drake, cole or kendrick tho?

We talk about old school acts all the time and it doesn't mean they aren't irrelevant

If the internet is talking about you how are you irrelevent?

If you were being specific to pop culture you MIGHT have a point.. but nah theres always gonna be folks checkin for Nas

Back