Welcome To aBlackWeb

21 Savage says Nas isn’t relevant

What makes one relevant, being talked about by kids?

Is dababy relevant?
Can't sell a ticket for whatever reason but his name still in the headlines.

Is Nas irrelevant cause he isn't being talked about by kids and social media even if he's outselling so-called more popular acts?
No one here is gonna define relevancy and no one challenge 21 and ask him to define relevancy

Is Nas relevant though?

Sure, people that came up as Hip Hop fans in the 90s or even early 00s are probably happy with Nas' continued output, but when it comes to the younger fanbase, how relevant is he? Like is King's Disease 3 going to shake up the status quo in any way?

Lmaoooo. Not this way fam. You cant ask if hes relevant and than say people that came up in the 90s is happy he releases. Thats a whole decade of hip hop fans still being happy he drops. That would make him super relevant.

Thats ones man opinion.

Nas is relevant to me.
crying-still.gif

We know old head, we know

If he sold 70,000 plus records as a independent artist last yr I'd say he's relevant. No promotion or maybe a week's worth or promo. Just because people 30 and under don't have him as their number 1 or go to guy he has a whole other demo that see him in that light.

I don't know. The Migos sold 33K in their first week. I'm not really sure 70K moves the needle at all.

Lmaoooo. Not this way fam. You cant ask if hes relevant and than say people that came up in the 90s is happy he releases. Thats a whole decade of hip hop fans still being happy he drops. That would make him super relevant.

I guess it comes down to how we're defining the term relevant. If you just mean relevant as in the artist has a dedicated fanbase, then yeah I guess you can make a good argument that Nas is still relevant. However, when people ask if an artist is still relevant, I always take it to mean they are asking if that artist's moves still have a major impact on the industry as a whole. Can you really say that Nas is doing that? He's basically serving a niche right now, which is cool for us 90s fans.

I don't know. The Migos sold 33K in their first week. I'm not really sure 70K moves the needle at all.

I guess it comes down to how we're defining the term relevant. If you just mean relevant as in the artist has a dedicated fanbase, then yeah I guess you can make a good argument that Nas is still relevant. However, when people ask if an artist is still relevant, I always take it to mean they are asking if that artist's moves still have a major impact on the industry as a whole. Can you really say that Nas is doing that? He's basically serving a niche right now, which is cool for us 90s fans.
when did Migos sell 33k? Thats awful. They are signed to mainstream label and make mainstream music. Smh. Thats not true at all.

Rip takeoff

But which artist has impacted the industry as a whole in the last 5 years? By that definition, hip hop isnt relevant anymore. Lmaooo. Fuck around and find out @Sony Montana been right this whole time.

when did Migos sell 33k? Thats awful. They are signed to mainstream label and make mainstream music. Smh. Thats not true at all.

Rip takeoff

What do you mean? That was in the first week and good enough for them to be #1 on the Billboard's rap charts.

If you think that's terrible, then what can you say about selling less than half of that number in a whole year?

But which artist has impacted the industry as a whole in the last 5 years? By that definition, hip hop isnt relevant anymore. Lmaooo. Fuck around and find out @Sony Montana been right this whole time.

lol I couldn't tell you man. I don't know shit about who is popular and influential now.

Back