Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Offseason Thread

I don't think it's that outlandish

Boston
NY
Philly

Those are the only real locks for me

Miami, Orlando, Cleveland, Indiana, Milwaukee.......should all be better but it's not some huge gap where if something goes wrong or doesn't click they could have disappointing season and Atlanta could be right there

Atlanta could absolutely be a disaster too though and they could trade away guys like Hunter, Capela, and Bogdanovic

Big thing for me too is they just don't have any incentive too be bad with San Antonio have their draft capital I could see them really pushing to be good
I understand and agree about Atlanta trying to win due to not owning their draft picks the next 2 seasons.

I also understand where you are coming from with the injury angle.

I still think you are sleeping on teams like Toronto, who have a lot of salary tied up in their current roster and is going to try hard to make the playoffs, barring early season issues. I also think Charlotte, with their new coach isn’t going to automatically come out trying to tank and will be competitive barring injuries.

The teams you named like Orlando, Milwaukee, Indiana, Cleveland, and Miami also have such better rosters, that barring long term injuries to a decent amount of guys, will still have them ahead of Atlanta.

I can see the Hawks being an 8-10 seed barring major trades or injuries and that’s being optimistic

Just read the article

This is just a wild situation all the way around
lol im mad I was just going to tell you no but then decided to read it and didn’t really get anything out of it

It’s not that wild though

It’s the same situation as lavine and to a lesser extent, Trae

The teams are trying to move them but there’s no market so they are stuck for the time being

lol im mad I was just going to tell you no but then decided to read it and didn’t really get anything out of it

It’s not that wild though

It’s the same situation as lavine and to a lesser extent, Trae

The teams are trying to move them but there’s no market so they are stuck for the time being
You're right. It's not wild as in something crazy that happened or didn't happen but just it's kinda crazy he's the odd man out after how well he played in the Phoenix series.

That seems so long ago 😞

It's interesting that the Pels plan on starting Zion at the 5....I don't know how good you can be defensively with that but I guess we'll find out

That’s fine

I get why you would but I do wonder if it’s because you’re biased or if you really think it’s better that way objectively

And again it’s okay to be biased we all are
I'm factoring in when healthy, Zion is_______. And when healthy, the pelicans are better than they are with a healthy BI primarily due to Zions efficiency and gravity that pulls opposing defenses.

You just don't get that with BI cause of his preferred shot selection. Had he expanded his game to add the 3 ball, this MIGHT be a different discussion but I'll still take Zions efficiency at the rim over BIs from mid range.

BI gets all kinds of comparisons to KD which is wild in itself cause outside of maybe their height and body build, that's where it stops. Even with mid range, KD is more efficient and he can shoot the 3 and post up. BI falls short in all 3 but wants to be paid like a max guy when he's not

I'm factoring in when healthy, Zion is_______. And when healthy, the pelicans are better than they are with a healthy BI primarily due to Zions efficiency and gravity that pulls opposing defenses.

You just don't get that with BI cause of his preferred shot selection. Had he expanded his game to add the 3 ball, this MIGHT be a different discussion but I'll still take Zions efficiency at the rim over BIs from mid range.

BI gets all kinds of comparisons to KD which is wild in itself cause outside of maybe their height and body build, that's where it stops. Even with mid range, KD is more efficient and he can shoot the 3 and post up. BI falls short in all 3 but wants to be paid like a max guy when he's not
That’s fair and I get it but Zion being healthy taking a pelicans team somewhere is a dream that will never be realized imo

It’s been 5 years and we still treating the pelicans as “up and coming”

But I understand where you’re coming from

Back