Welcome To aBlackWeb

16 or 1?

BRAH

using what you JUST typed

6÷2(1+2) is the same as 6÷2(3)

3 is still in parenthesis, so even after you divide 6 by 2 its still 3x3 which is 9

why did you divide again?

That's where we disagree.

2(3) is one unit.

They're connected and can't be separated in that format.

Which means that 2(3)=6

And 6÷6=1

Your method would only be accurate if the equation was 6÷2+1+2.

Then you would do each process left to right as a lot of people have been saying.

Simply because none of those numbers are attached to each other through parentheses.

So 6÷2=3.....3+1=4......and 4+2=6

If I were to convert 4+2 into parentheses......it would be 2(2) +2....which still equals 6, but it's just stated differently.

Because, again.........2(2) is considered one unit.......and you cant separate the 2 that's outside of the parentheses......from the 2 that's inside the parentheses.

The only way they can be separated is through an addition or subtraction sign.

Which would read 2 + (2) for addition and 2 - (2) for subtraction.

Like I said earlier, a lot of you don't understand proper mathematical phrasing.

Look at it this way, whenever you have numbers in parentheses.........as I was taught.........it's always implied that there's a 1 to the left of the parentheses unless otherwise specified.

Meaning, (6) implies 1(6).....which is the same as 1 x 6.......which equals 6.

Therefore if, you had an equation that said 12÷(6).....it's implied that it's 12÷1(6).

Using your method, you'd take 12÷1.........get 12.......multiply it by 6.........and get 72......which is wrong since, again........the 1 and the 6 are connected by parentheses and aren't meant to be separated when performing an equation.

Last edited:
I straight up told my momma on y’all...

DE0C7117-E9C3-45EA-BA99-7490F234FB2B.jpeg A1C96D13-44E2-49FD-BCA0-E06C6F1AD568.jpeg

My mom taught Exit Exam Math, Algebra 1 & 2 and Pre Cal for 40 years...

And for tha record I don’t play no mama disrespect...

:ghost:

Last edited:
WTF????

I'm just getting crickets now???

Nobody's got anything to say???

All you nignogs had something to say when I was explaining the equation........but I put up one link that refutes everything y'all were saying.......and now everybody's quiet???

KRS One gif.gif

Nobody's got anything to say now???

Last edited:
nigga i went to sleep

and you wrong again

you over complicating it

That's where we disagree.

2(3) is one unit.

They're connected and can't be separated in that format.

Which means that 2(3)=6

If it was JUST this, then you are right, BUT...its not, b/c there is something else happening outside of the ()

And 6÷6=1

Your method would only be accurate if the equation was 6÷2+1+2.

Then you would do each process left to right as a lot of people have been saying.

Simply because none of those numbers are attached to each other through parentheses.

So 6÷2=3.....3+1=4......and 4+2=6

If I were to convert 4+2 into parentheses......it would be 2(2) +2....which still equals 6, but it's just stated differently.

Because, again.........2(2) is considered one unit.......and you cant separate the 2 that's outside of the parentheses......from the 2 that's inside the parentheses.

The only way they can be separated is through an addition or subtraction sign.

Which would read 2 + (2) for addition and 2 - (2) for subtraction.

Like I said earlier, a lot of you don't understand proper mathematical phrasing.

Look at it this way, whenever you have numbers in parentheses.........as I was taught.........it's always implied that there's a 1 to the left of the parentheses unless otherwise specified.

Meaning, (6) implies 1(6).....which is the same as 1 x 6.......which equals 6.

Therefore if, you had an equation that said 12÷(6).....it's implied that it's 12÷1(6).

Using your method, you'd take 12÷1.........get 12.......multiply it by 6.........and get 72......which is wrong since, again........the 1 and the 6 are connected by parentheses and aren't meant to be separated when performing an equation.

Which means that 2(3)=6

If it was JUST this, then you are right, BUT...its not, b/c there is something else happening outside of the ()

So fuck a calculator huh? So fuck putting the exac5 problem in a computer? Fuck just writing the shit out and following the math law PEMDAS that's been around before humans? Cool

So fuck a calculator huh? So fuck putting the exac5 problem in a computer? Fuck just writing the shit out and following the math law PEMDAS that's been around before humans? Cool

Ego is a motherfucker.

Can't believe its easier to say that math is wrong and calculators are wrong, and all math teachers are wrong, and everyone in this thread is wrong instead of being like man I aint do algebra in a long time so I musta forgot some of this shit.

Shits crazy.

Ego is a motherfucker.

Can't believe its easier to say that math is wrong and calculators are wrong, and all math teachers are wrong, and everyone in this thread is wrong instead of being like man I aint do algebra in a long time so I musta forgot some of this shit.

Shits crazy.

Nothing about ego at all.

The information in the link I posted proves everything I've been saying all along.

Y'all are just in denial.

Either that or you didn't even bother to look at it.

And I've never been good at math. I just remember some simple shit like PEMDAS. And PEMDAS was taught to me like this PE(MD)(AS), meaning paranthesis first, exponents next, multipication and division are done left to right in the order they appear, and then addition and subtraction in the order they appear.

Which means that 2(3)=6

You just contradicted yourself and don't even realize it.

2(3) can't equal 6........if you're using that 2 in the 6÷2 equation before you multiply it by 3.

Basically, you're doing the same thing I'm doing..........but not following through with it.

Back