Welcome To aBlackWeb

16 or 1?

ya'll thinking just b/c M comes before D in pemdas that you are supposed to do it in that order

the acronym was just something created to help retain what to do when you are presented with the problem

Looking this up, everyone is getting one of the two answers provided here.

According to the internet, the problem seems to be the way the equation is written - it’s written poorly.

It should be written

8/2*(2+2)

The calculator and even YouTube mathematicians are getting 16 regardless of the way it’s written, but the ppl in the comments are mixed.

Both answers cannot be right. Math is not ambiguous.

Looking this up, everyone is getting one of the two answers provided here.

According to the internet, the problem seems to be the way the equation is written - it’s written poorly.

It should be written

8/2*(2+2)

The calculator and even YouTube mathematicians are getting 16 regardless of the way it’s written, but the ppl in the comments are mixed.

Both answers cannot be right. Math is not ambiguous.
i disagree it should've been written another way. Any number in parenthesis is multiplied by the number on the outside of it

i understood it the way its presented

aight, you starting to do this on purpose

Not at all.

Haven't caught up on the thread yet, but the comments have multiple people with different answers.

So this isn't just a math equation.

It's more of an interpretation of a math equation.

It's not as clear cut as 2+2 or 3+1.

Otherwise there wouldn't be so many different answers.

U all are joking but i had to apply the new math u guys taught in here to get the answer 9 otherwise i wouldve said 1.

Some of us are a lil mathematically challenged and for those of u who arent we're better writers (therefore posters) than u.

So unless this forum starts bombarding us with math problems its yall who are disadvantaged in this online community.

Not at all.

Haven't caught up on the thread yet, but the comments have multiple people with different answers.

So this isn't just a math equation.

It's more of an interpretation of a math equation.

It's not as clear cut as 2+2 or 3+1.

Otherwise there wouldn't be so many different answers.

so every math equation like that will be 1, is what you’re saying....

so every math equation like that will be 1, is what you’re saying....

No.

It just so happens that the new equation she posted would have the same outcome if the equation is interpreted the same way I interpreted the other equation.

6÷2(1+2) is the same as 6÷2(3)........which is the same as 6÷6...........which equals 1.

lol

This lets me know that a lot of you aren't even paying attention because you didn't even look over the equation in detail.

Otherwise, even if you didn't agree with the way I got the answer.........you'd still understand how I got it.

No.

It just so happens that the new equation she posted would have the same outcome if the equation is interpreted the same way I interpreted the other equation.

6÷2(1+2) is the same as 6÷2(3)........which is the same as 6÷6...........which equals 1.

lol

This lets me know that a lot of you aren't even paying attention because you didn't even look over the equation in detail.

Otherwise, even if you didn't agree with the way I got the answer.........you'd still understand how I got it.
BRAH

using what you JUST typed

6÷2(1+2) is the same as 6÷2(3)

3 is still in parenthesis, so even after you divide 6 by 2 its still 3x3 which is 9

why did you divide again?

Back