Welcome To aBlackWeb

Years later what are your thoughts on the ring tone/snap era of hip hop?

Not all my music I consume has to have substance with some lyrical content at the forefront.

Sometimes I like ignorant shit that doesn't have to make sense.

Then you're making two separate arguments

Is your argument the album as a whole is overrated

OR

Calling it a classic is overrated?
No Iā€™m not. No one calls Macklemore album a classic. Imo the album is aight but no where near classic. Better albums from that year donā€™t get called classic.

No Iā€™m not. No one calls Macklemore album a classic. Imo the album is aight but no where near classic. Better albums from that year donā€™t get called classic.
Ok so you don't think it's a classic.. Cool

But to you, as a body of work, do you feel it's overrated?

Man idc if it was good. Were the females at the parties/clubs dancing to it?

Yes

Was I behind said females while they were dancing to it?

Yes
You can't even answer if the music was good just tells me you know it wasn't.

This is funny because during this time is when youā€™d see an ass load of niggaz dressed alike going in tha club wit their ā€œsnap danceā€ crew throwing their snaps and dips to each other across tha clubā€¦

Tha era leading up to this was tha ā€œgrindinā€™ on femalesā€ era lol

Lol I mean niggas just did what people in the time before them did. People was coming to parties and clubs with prepared routines to songs. That shit ain't appear in all them 90s movies with anything hip hop themed out of nowhere.

Ok

So like I said, you are making two different points

I can agree it might not be a classic but to say it's overrated as a body of work is where I disagree

Lol I mean niggas just did what people in the time before them did. People was coming to parties and clubs with prepared routines to songs. That shit ain't appear in all them 90s movies with anything hip hop themed out of nowhere.

Nahā€¦that was tha 80ā€™s and break dancing crews lol

Donā€™t forget niggaz in tha 90ā€™s were parodying people fucking on dance floor lmao

Ok

So like I said, you are making two different points

I can agree it might not be a classic but to say it's overrated as a body of work is where I disagree
These were the best songs imo.

The Coolest
Superstar
Paris, Tokyo
Hi Definition
Gold Watch
Dumb It Down
Put You On Game

a lot of oldhead haters in this thread downing the snap era cuz they weren't able to pull anything :icu:

u can question the quality of music back then

but what u can't question was how fun it was if u were in the club then

snap music mixed with early trap......Gucci/OJ Da Juiceman/Boosie, etc. man u couldn't miss unless u were a lame:hahaha:

a lot of oldhead haters in this thread downing the snap era cuz they weren't able to pull anything :icu:

u can question the quality of music back then

but what u can't question was how fun it was if u were in the club then

snap music mixed with early trap......Gucci/OJ Da Juiceman/Boosie, etc. man u couldn't miss unless u were a lame:hahaha:

Old head haters?? Lol Bout a thread talkinā€™ bout summinā€™ 17 years ago?? Lol

Unless yā€™all niggaz 38 or older (in which you an old head too lol) you wasnā€™t even drinking in tha club and some of yā€™all niggaz still had curfews lmaoooo

Yā€™all love tha ringtone era cuz yā€™all could have Soulja Boy Tellā€™em on your Fisher Price My First Mobile when ya high school crush called

:lol10:

Old head haters?? Lol Bout a thread talkinā€™ bout summinā€™ 17 years ago?? Lol

Unless yā€™all niggaz 38 or older (in which you an old head too lol) you wasnā€™t even drinking in tha club and some of yā€™all niggaz still had curfews lmaoooo

Yā€™all love tha ringtone era cuz yā€™all could have Soulja Boy Tellā€™em on your Fisher Price My First Mobile when ya high school crush called

:lol10:
u mad I was still pulling yungins with my Fisher Price mobile tho:icu:

meanwhile u were busy simpin teenage chicks thru MySpace while trying to avoid being caught on the next episode "To Catch A Predator"šŸ˜‚

Nah but really I'm one of the oldheads too

I was too busy knocking them down after pulling chicks out of the club during that era

it was just too easy back then so I don't understand why my fellow oldheads got so much hate for the snap era

even the 40+ old mommas today still jumping for Boosie whenever "Wipe Me Down" starts playing

meanwhile u were busy simpin teenage chicks thru MySpace while trying to avoid being caught on the next episode "To Catch A Predator"šŸ˜‚

I was too busy knocking them down after pulling chicks out of the club during that era

it was just too easy back then so I don't understand why my fellow oldheads got so much hate for the snap era

even the 40+ old mommas today still jumping for Boosie whenever "Wipe Me Down" starts playing

Man it donā€™t matter what era you in as long as you knockin hoes down

MYSPACE?! Lolā€¦I was in tha club from Weds thru Sunday and running tha streets lolā€¦I didnā€™t even find out about YouTube until like ā€˜07-ā€˜08 smh lol

Iā€™m not sayinā€™ I didnā€™t pull chicks in tha club durinā€™ that eraā€¦Iā€™m just sayinā€™ I pulled girls in other eras that didnā€™t require tha females to be distracted by ā€œsnap n popā€ boy groups to do so šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

:hahaha:

Back