Welcome To aBlackWeb

Years later what are your thoughts on the ring tone/snap era of hip hop?

The list of niggas who wasn't grinding on chicks at the parties grows

🗒️✍🏾

This is funny because during this time is when you’d see an ass load of niggaz dressed alike going in tha club wit their “snap dance” crew throwing their snaps and dips to each other across tha club…

Tha era leading up to this was tha “grindin’ on females” era lol

Food & Liquor was dope. The Cool on the other hand is the most overrated album ever. Lupe was a lyricist that got a semi decent main stream push during a time when we were gaslit to believe people weren’t checking for lyricism anymore and people wanna hear snap music. There’s some truth to this for sure.
You know better than to post trash like this.

The worst era of hip-hop Pt. II. The ring tone era was the first part. Imho, hip-hop really started to slowly decline in the early 2000s. By '05 - 06, hip-hop was in the trash bin because of gimmick artists and labels pushing bs.

And kids had the technology to make songs in their bedroom and get them out to the world (from their bedroom) for the first time thanks to the internet/myspace...

Before the internet and social media you had to earn your dues on the underground or battles and get put on by a label or grind and hire a studio which cost alot of money...

Do yall separate the snap/ringtone/myspace era from the crunk era? I know there was for sure some overlap.

I enjoyed myself either way

Yes….two completely differently eras

Crunk was about the music and I loved it

Ringtone era was when niggas felt obligated to do some watered down shit for a quick buck

Crunk just got thrown into the fire unfortunately

LOL its funny that theres this talk about equating the ringtone / crunk era to "the Grinding in the club with females" era cause in NYC we didnt have to listen to any of that shit to be catchin dubs. Most folks here were bumpin reggae and reggaeton was fuckin HEAVY at parties. Tempted to Touch, Sean Paul, Daddy Yankee and shit like that was on heavy rotation at these parties

LOL its funny that theres this talk about equating the ringtone / crunk era to "the Grinding in the club with females" era cause in NYC we didnt have to listen to any of that shit to be catchin dubs. Most folks here were bumpin reggae and reggaeton was fuckin HEAVY at parties. Tempted to Touch, Sean Paul, Daddy Yankee and shit like that was on heavy rotation at these parties

When reggae/dancehall came on niggas knew it was time to catch dubs

If you from NYC you know about the West Indian culture

Who calls whatever that Macklemore album is called a classic? Let’s start there.
Then you're making two separate arguments

Is your argument the album as a whole is overrated

OR

Calling it a classic is overrated?

Was the music good?
Man idc if it was good. Were the females at the parties/clubs dancing to it?

Yes

Was I behind said females while they were dancing to it?

Yes

Back