Welcome To aBlackWeb

Years later what are your thoughts on the ring tone/snap era of hip hop?

Soulja Boy ended up being the king of that era oddly enough. I gotta say, most of them songs may not have been "good" per se, but I can't deny them jawns would get the party/club jumping and that era was a lot of fun. Also this was probably the era that ushered in the usage of the internet for musicians to become as big as it is today
yMimgx.gif

I was outside outside during this era. It was basically the mumble rap era of its time. I remember ALOTTA dope catchy beats and choruses that would have the club/party/function poppin

I was outside outside during this era. It was basically the mumble rap era of its time. I remember ALOTTA dope catchy beats and choruses that would have the club/party/function poppin

Even the “crank dat” era I would say was WAY better than the mumble era….it just got watered down because whole albums weren’t a high priority anymore at the time and the lyrics were “meh”…

I heard “Get Silly” by VIC a few days ago and got hype….it was definitely a time when rappers just wanted to party and dance again and forget all the gangsta shit

It was a dark time and conjures the theme song of the Empire in Star Wars

The death and stalling of the careers of many signed and unsigned dope lyricists occurred in this time

Now I was in ATL so the club scene and outside was poppin and money was flowing,but that music wasn't for me.

I rocked with a few of those songs though and thought Fabo was funny.

My dougie by Lil Wil is the original and the one I talk about because when I was at the clubs in Dallas and Cali that played that one before the Cali in got popular. They was playing all the Dallas songs out there like Ricky Bobby and other ones lol

That’s why I said My Dougie and not Teach me how to a dougie. They stole bruh song and didn’t break him off from what I remember

My dougie by Lil Wil is the original and the one I talk about because when I was at the clubs in Dallas and Cali that played that one before the Cali in got popular. They was playing all the Dallas songs out there like Ricky Bobby and other ones lol

That’s why I said My Dougie and not Teach me how to a dougie. They stole bruh song and didn’t break him off from what I remember
Ah gotcha

Back