Welcome To aBlackWeb

Years later what are your thoughts on the ring tone/snap era of hip hop?

This tha Bitcoin Era….

I don’t understand it but it’s makin’ money for certain muthafuckas…

Needless to say I don’t mind tha era when in…I still find really good music to my tastes

Hated the ringtone era and it turned me into one’a those “hip-hop” is dead niggas…but that’s because I wasn’t up on “innanettin’ and didn’t think music was as readily available as it was…still feel like tha music industry had such a hugely profitable time that it’s made it possible for ANYBODY to be in tha game…just means I have to look harder for music I like…but I find it

Some good music still came out in that era. I’d say what was a game changer is the media of ringtones themselves along with shit like Limewire. It’s the genesis of the way we would consume music now with shit like Spotify.

Theres always dope underground or just dope hip hop to like...

If we comparing the commercial market, so ringtone v drill though... I hated the ringtone era so bad back in the day and thought it was fckn hip hop but looking back it was better than the drill era...

Atleast the ringtone era was fun and the music wasnt about bragging about being a serial killer and people getting killed over a song... You could just ignore the ringtone rap it if you didnt fck with it as it wasnt really hurting anyone...

Last edited:
The dope snap songs were mainly on the R&B side imo. I can’t think of a fire ass snap song off the top.

Would Lupe have 2 arguable classics if they weren’t released during the worst era of Hiphop?!?!!

Lol bout to start some shit. I know folks talk about the rappers being garbage. But we forget late 80s early 90s had a lot of folks rapping just to rap and we’re trash we never heard again. But ring tone era was when I felt like folks looked for conscious stuff

Lol bout to start some shit. I know folks talk about the rappers being garbage. But we forget late 80s early 90s had a lot of folks rapping just to rap and we’re trash we never heard again. But ring tone era was when I felt like folks looked for conscious stuff
So your answer is maybe

Back