Welcome To aBlackWeb

Years later what are your thoughts on the ring tone/snap era of hip hop?

Would Lupe have 2 arguable classics if they weren’t released during the worst era of Hiphop?!?!!
Food & Liquor was dope. The Cool on the other hand is the most overrated album ever. Lupe was a lyricist that got a semi decent main stream push during a time when we were gaslit to believe people weren’t checking for lyricism anymore and people wanna hear snap music. There’s some truth to this for sure.

It was a fun time in Hip Hop. I actually think this might be the worse time in the genre outside a few folks putting out quality. Like some have already stated, you still had a good mix in the mainstream and the music promoted dancing and having fun

And lyricism wasn’t anywhere close to being checked for in the mainstream at the time. This is why I said Lupe was an anomaly at the time. Had you dropped him in any other hip-hop time line he’d arguably be a bigger artist than what his career turned into.

One of the last times people made music specifically for partying and having a good ass time. Before parties and clubs was just people buying a section and standing around recording everything on their phone instead of actually partying. There were alot of one hit wonders but niggas was just having fun making music. There was still a good mix of the super lyrical shit along with the party shit and trap as well. It's funny people hated the south's influence in music but I feel like now people would much rather prefer snap songs over "I just killed my opp Pt 2083636"

And lyricism wasn’t anywhere close to being checked for in the mainstream at the time. This is why I said Lupe was an anomaly at the time. Had you dropped him in any other hip-hop time line he’d arguably be a bigger artist than what his career turned into.

Crazy assumption

You like what you like….F&L may be a classic but Cool is just a “cool” album

Boy the music CD sells were booming! I still got old heads that be asking me for CDs today. Try to explain Spotify and other streaming apps to them but they don't get it.
Yea I got hundreds of cd's and you right it's like trying to explain long division to a 2 year old and you be like you know what I got you.

Back