Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Would “parity”die in the NFL if we eliminated the draft?

No it's not. The Bucs draft 32nd. They're not gonna be capable of bringing in multiple people ranked near the top of the draft, or multiple guys ranked the best at their position at a significant discount. Bucs get who gets passed on 31 times. Then who gets passed on 63 times. Etc.
You are using this as the exception bc the bucs don't routinely pick at the very bottom of the draft

Ok.

I apologize

I understand your pov better now, however, the chiefs using your scenario would have to prioritize their need based on what I'm proposing. They won't simply be able to just outbid everyone for each of those positions.

I said the same thing PAGES ago with the same team using that same example with the same positions

Bruh, why do you keep talking about filling a roster with rookies when nobody else is? I've given examples already. The question is will this kill parity. I think I already explained this. The Chiefs lost Watkins and 2 starting OT's. Giving them the ability to bring in 3 guys graded as first round talents to replace them would hurt parity.

THREE PEOPLE. NOT 53.
THREE PEOPLE. NOT 53.
THREE PEOPLE. NOT 53.
THREE PEOPLE. NOT 53.
THREE PEOPLE. NOT 53.

And y'all keep bringing up parity. What parity?

4 teams have never been to the SB

8 more have never won a SB

And teams like Dallas, WFT, Miami, & NYJ are all 25 and more years since they've either been or won a SB.

What Parity????????

Last I checked the 32nd player is still a "quality player"

Who said it's not, and what's that have to do with what I said?

The Bucs won the SB so they pick 32nd, 64th, 95th with their first 3 picks. That means they aren't going to have ANY chance at bringing in 3 of the top 15 players in the draft. Odds are they won't be able to bring in even 1. This means every team, unless they traded their picks away, has a better shot at improving their team than the Bucs (they pick before us. We only get what they've passed on). This allows for parity. With no draft the Bucs could bring in 3 of the top 15 guys. That would hurt parity.

The Bucs won the SB so they pick 32nd, 64th, 95th with their first 3 picks. That means they aren't going to have ANY chance at bringing in 3 of the top 15 players in the draft. Odds are they won't be able to bring in even 1. This means every team, unless they traded their picks away, has a better shot at improving their team than the Bucs (they pick before us. We only get what they've passed on). This allows for parity. With no draft the Bucs could bring in 3 of the top 15 guys. That would hurt parity.
Would the bucs be in the market for a QB in this draft?

You are using this as the exception bc the bucs don't routinely pick at the very bottom of the draft

I just used the Chiefs too. If the best teams in the league add more talent than the worst teams in the league then the talent gap spreads even more. The draft is designed to prevent that.

Go Bucs though, haha.

And y'all keep bringing up parity. What parity?

4 teams have never been to the SB

8 more have never won a SB

And teams like Dallas, WFT, Miami, & NYJ are all 25 and more years since they've either been or won a SB.

What Parity????????
Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Tampa

4 teams responsible for 12 of the 21 SB wins this century. In a 32 team league.

But “parity”

Exactly

Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Tampa

4 teams responsible for 12 of the 21 SB wins this century. In a 32 team league.

But “parity”

Lmao. Man gtfoh fam. The never before seen Pats Dynasty make them numbers funny.

Now do the list of all the teams that made the super bowl and was right there to make it to it.

stop with the foolishness

Lmao. Man gtfoh fam. The never before seen Pats Dynasty make them numbers funny.

Now do the list of all the teams that made the super bowl and was right there to make it to it.

stop with the foolishness
Why isn't what he posted relevant to the parity discussion.

And why is what they did never before seen?

So what would stop them from bidding on him if they really wanted him

Nothing would stop them.

lucky a loaded team don’t get a shot a franchise changing QB.

Now hopefully they can compete for the next 10 years.

Back