Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Would “parity”die in the NFL if we eliminated the draft?

And y'all keep bringing up parity. What parity?

4 teams have never been to the SB

8 more have never won a SB

And teams like Dallas, WFT, Miami, & NYJ are all 25 and more years since they've either been or won a SB.

What Parity????????

Yup. 5 of those teams are responsible for 2 or more.

Only 3 teams are 1st time winners.

And there's still 19 more that didn't!!

But "parity".............. :hahaha:

You say 4 teams never getting to the Super Bowl shows there's no parity, but won't count teams making it to the super bowl as parity.

You say that list of teams not going to or winning a super bowl in 25+ years is an example of no parity. Then you complain that teams winning at least 2 within 22 years is an example of no parity.

Your definition of parity is just narrow extremely narrow and doesn't exist anywhere. You think every team should win once every 32 years or it's not parity. You really said 0 wins is too few and 2 is too many.

Bruh, I don't even know where to start with this nonsense, haha.

There have been 54 super Bowls for 32 teams. You're not gonna keep getting first time winners. The Colts and Chiefs had over 30 years between wins.

And your first time winners count is off.

Ravens
Bucs
Patriots
Seahawks
Eagles
Saints
Rams

Since it's more than twice as many first time winners as you thought, you're ready to reconsider now right?

And "there's still 19 more that didn't!!". That's 22 super bowls and there are 32 teams. A minimum of 10 teams weren't gonna win one no matter what.

You shame snickering Kobe with that post.

Fine 7 new teams, 3 of which became multiple winners.

Here.

parity
(Entry 1 of 2)

1: the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

Explain how just a third of teams equals parity?

and 5 of that third account for over half of the SB won?

But "parity".......... :lol10:

You say 4 teams never getting to the Super Bowl shows there's no parity, but won't count teams making it to the super bowl as parity.

You say that list of teams not going to or winning a super bowl in 25+ years is an example of no parity. Then you complain that teams winning at least 2 within 22 years is an example of no parity.

Your definition of parity is just narrow extremely narrow and doesn't exist anywhere. You think every team should win once every 32 years or it's not parity. You really said 0 wins is too few and 2 is too many.

Fine let's count the different losers, who didn't win from your list.

Falcons
Panthers, twice
Bears
Titans
Raiders
Cards
SF, twice

So 7 outta 22 SB!!!

But "parity".............................let me shame MJ too............ :hehe2:

Using what Bow is getting at about parity, this is why I said the play in tournament in the NBA is going to move that sport forward bc it at least gives the illusion of parity.

You a season ticket holder to a team stuck in purgatory and are starting to get pissed off that your money isn't getting value you think it should then bam, now that team is eligible for a play in scenario. You've just sold the fans hope that anything is possible.

What makes it great is bc it's a game here and there, they could actually get hot, reel off a couple and make the regular playoffs as an 8th seed or something. They will then get at least 2 home games barring a miracle they don't get swept.

The team has something to look forward to in the off-season as they try to retool and build off that and the fans get something to look forward to fit the next season.

Fwiw, I think Bow refers to parity as the chance of making the playoffs. Whatever happens after that is icing on the cake.

Revolver is saying parity is different people ultimately winning it all.

This might be another discussion lol

Parity is not 6 teams outta 32 accounting for nearly 75% of the last 22 SB played.

It's 22 Super Bowls, so all 32 teams can't win one. With a max of 22 possible winners, there were 13.

You're making championships seem more pooled than they are because of the outlier Pats. They're the only team to win more than 2 rings. The NBA, for comparison, had 4 teams in that time win 3 or more.

It's 22 Super Bowls, so all 32 teams can't win one. With a max of 22 possible winners, there were 13.

You're making championships seem more pooled than they are because of the outlier Pats. They're the only team to win more than 2 rings. The NBA, for comparison, had 4 teams in that time win 3 or more.
You're not counting pre-merger?

So the NFL is slightly better than the NBA, got it

You're not counting pre-merger?

I think someone brought up wins since 2000, and I've just been rolling with that. I only think we should go back to the mid 90's anyway though really. Before that the league was way different. No free agents, no salary cap.

So the NFL is slightly better than the NBA, got it

I asked a direct and simple question that you keep ducking. You keep saying this isn't parity, that isn't parity. I asked you what would parity look like in the NFL and you avoided answering twice. It's starting to look like you just want to complain.

I asked a direct and simple question that you keep ducking. You keep saying this isn't parity, that isn't parity. I asked you what would parity look like in the NFL and you avoided answering twice. It's starting to look like you just want to complain.

Nigga I gave you an answer.

You just don't want to accept it.

Fwiw, I think Bow refers to parity as the chance of making the playoffs. Whatever happens after that is icing on the cake.

Revolver is saying parity is different people ultimately winning it all.

This might be another discussion lol

I look at it as winning or making it to the super bowl at least. The Pats are an anomaly, and I think most people agree on that. But if I ask you who are the other best franchises of the past 25 years who would you say?

The Steelers? 2 wins 1 loss in 25 years
The Packers? 2 wins 1 loss in 25 years
The Ravens? 2 wins in 25 years.
The Giants? 2 wins 1 loss in 25 years.

Bron did more in 4 years in MIA than they've done in 2 1/2 decades.

I look at it as winning or making it to the super bowl at least. The Pats are an anomaly, and I think most people agree on that. But if I ask you who are the other best franchises of the past 25 years who would you say?

The Steelers? 2 wins 1 loss in 25 years
The Packers? 2 wins 1 loss in 25 years
The Ravens? 2 wins in 25 years.
The Giants? 2 wins 1 loss in 25 years.

Bron did more in 4 years in MIA than they've done in 2 1/2 decades.

You forgot your Bucs w/ 2

And LMAO @ excluding the Pats cause it makes your argument look worst.

So 6 teams accounted for 16 SB wins in 25 years.....lol

Yeah your just arguing to argue. Be easy slim

You forgot your Bucs w/ 2

And LMAO @ excluding the Pats cause it makes your argument look worst.

So 6 teams accounted for 16 SB wins in 25 years.....lol

Yeah your just arguing to argue. Be easy slim

I didn't forget them. Nobody would say they were one of the more dominant franchises of the past 25 years.

I'm arguing to argue, but you ducked the question for a 4th time. Ok...

Let it go fam

NFL is parity at its finest.

Back