Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

So, 4 days in, going every day, alternating muscle groups when I go.

The mental hurdle, right now, is getting it through to my brain that I've only been at it for fuckin 4 days and there's not going to be any results to see yet. My recovery time has shortened every day tho, I do see that change.

Broke down today and joined Crunch Fitness. Almost went the Planet Fitness route but I need a real gym that I can do some real lifting at.

It's crazy tho... My thought process this morning was "I can drive out to Sportsman's Warehouse and cop a new 9mm joint or join a gym and get my fat ass into shape."

I really debated that shit too. But I need to lose weight far more than I need a new gun, so I joined the gym.

I’m moving next weekend and already joined crunch fitness around my new place. LA Fitness is closer but crunch is cheaper. After the move, I’m gonna start going back regularly

See the thing about these perfect this or that they don’t count for the process and progress to get to that point where you can sculpt your pectoral shoulders traps, etc.

See the thing about these perfect this or that they don’t count for the process and progress to get to that point where you can sculpt your pectoral shoulders traps, etc.
Dude in the pushup video is definitely doing more than pushups…hell he filmed it in a gym surrounded by weights

Gym log: Day 15

I've been going to the gym every single day since I joined Crunch Fitness. Oddly, I'm able to get up at 6-6:30am, get dressed, and get on the road with only minor haggling with myself about getting up. Some things I've noticed:

1. I'm recovering a lot faster. I was sore everywhere after day one but pushed through it to go on day 2. Now I might be a little stiff for a few hours but that's about it.

2. I've been able to increase my treadmill speed for the same amount of time every day as well as the weight on most of the machines. I say most because the leg press machine maxes out at 385lbs and that's what I work with (I'll move to a proper leg press soon enough).

3. My weight started going up... Significantly. Because of that I'm adopting an on-off keto diet: On one week, off the next. Today is day three of that and I'm down 10lbs as of this morning. I'll continue this for the foreseeable future.

4. It's still hard as hell to get up off the floor. I've neither lost enough weight nor strengthened my body to make this a trivial matter.

So far, so good. I'm hoping to get back to my pre-pandemic weight of 240 by the end of the year.

I finally have time to get back to weight lifting. I’ve lost so much strength. What used to be a warm up to me now tires me out completely :foh5:

Back