Welcome To aBlackWeb

Women Who Refuse To Take The Man's Last Name After Marriage

If that's how she feels...guess we ain't gettin married.

Sorry, I'm old skool. I could care less how established you get. Hyphenate it if you want. But if I'm askin you to be my wife, the mother of my kids, my eternal soulmate, then best believe you carrying my last name.

You marrying me, then you gotta be all in. That "I'm independent" thinking goes out the window, b/c we become ONE.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

Sorry, I'm old skool. I could care less how established you get. Hyphenate it if you want. But if I'm askin you to be my wife, the mother of my kids, my eternal soulmate, then best believe you carrying my last name.

You marrying me, then you gotta be all in. That "I'm independent" thinking goes out the window, b/c we become ONE.
if u become one y u aint hyphenate both ur names b???

• Wack
Reactions: GNS
I should make this a separate thread, but I'll do it here.

This is now the official " @Ring Master be singin a diff tune in every thread" thread

Just a few posts up you can see one example of her contradicting herself, here's another one.

She's been in here talkin all that equality , independent woman shit, but in another thread she agreed with @JasIsFree when she said she expects the man to pay for the first date.:umad1:

we have the same view on this JasIsFree.

http://ablackweb.com/forum/index.ph...o-picks-up-the-tab-do-you-split-the-check.52/

I'll be droppin more soon :yup:

Aight

As I have stated before especially in relation to marriage...men and women were created to fulfil different roles. The husband is the leader of the house. His wife is his helper. As the husband loves ,honors, protects and covers his wife she submits and repects and honors and loves her husband.

Another point of reference is the truth that marriage is supposed to function as a mirror of Christ's relationship with his bride...the church. the church humbly submits to His authority and we take on his name.

With that being said. The taking of the husbands last name is a humble act of submission to authority. THIS DOES NOT ENTAIL BEING A DOORMAT. I cannot emphasise that enough.

So, in my opinion refusal to take on the last name of your husband is rooted in pride and refusal to submit to the authority of your husband.

Now me personally if you wanted to hyphenate your name I have no objections to that whatsoever. But flat out refusal or even suggesting I take YOUR last name...naw boo. I cant get jiggy with that.

I should make this a separate thread, but I'll do it here.

This is now the official " @Ring Master be singin a diff tune in every thread" thread

Just a few posts up you can see one example of her contradicting herself, here's another one.

She's been in here talkin all that equality , independent woman shit, but in another thread she agreed with @JasIsFree when she said she expects the man to pay for the first date.:umad1:

http://ablackweb.com/forum/index.ph...o-picks-up-the-tab-do-you-split-the-check.52/

I'll be droppin more soon :yup:

She can be independent with some traditional values. You be acting slow sometimes :df:

:damn:
Who is she?

FOH @TheMasterKey
I got no prob with a man payin on 1st date, n women still get summin like 80 cents to every dollar a man makes 4 the same shit. i am more likely to get discriminated against in an interview. i am more likely to be phased out after takin maternity leave. i am less likely to get a promotion than a man is.

but u want me to operate like we already in an equal society? boy bye.

i aint playin both sides. im pragmatic.

Aight

As I have stated before especially in relation to marriage...men and women were created to fulfil different roles. The husband is the leader of the house. His wife is his helper. As the husband loves ,honors, protects and covers his wife she submits and repects and honors and loves her husband.

Another point of reference is the truth that marriage is supposed to function as a mirror of Christ's relationship with his bride...the church. the church humbly submits to His authority and we take on his name.

With that being said. The taking of the husbands last name is a humble act of submission to authority. THIS DOES NOT ENTAIL BEING A DOORMAT. I cannot emphasise that enough.

So, in my opinion refusal to take on the last name of your husband is rooted in pride and refusal to submit to the authority of your husband.

Now me personally if you wanted to hyphenate your name I have no objections to that whatsoever. But flat out refusal or even suggesting I take YOUR last name...naw boo. I cant get jiggy with that.

am i correct in thinkin ur view is rooted in religion BDP? cuz its understandable considerin the bible but

with all due respect we gotta remember, @ the time of christ ppl didnt even have last names. ppl were mostly known by their jobs or tribes n shit. last names r relatively recent. a lot of what's bein ascribed to time tested tradition n even religion r actually not all that old.

Aight

standing-ovation.gif

Da fu...naw cuz. Foh wit that redefining marriage foo foo deal. Lol

Besides family lineage is carried on by the guy's last name.
u hyphenating ur name is redefining marriage? priorities breh

too many more important things 2 worry about in a marriage than the name u sign forms with

FOH @TheMasterKey
I got no prob with a man payin on 1st date, n women still get summin like 80 cents to every dollar a man makes 4 the same shit. i am more likely to get discriminated against in an interview. i am more likely to be phased out after takin maternity leave. i am less likely to get a promotion than a man is.

but u want me to operate like we already in an equal society? boy bye.

i aint playin both sides. im pragmatic.

And this right here is my fuckin point, all you and the rest of you fake ass feminists do is scream for equality when it favors you, when it doesn't yall cry and make excuses for why it SHOULDN'T be equal anymore.

As men, especially black men, we can't use our circumstances as excuses for the fuck shit we do. We're more likely to die before yall, more likely to be killed, jailed, and every other fuckin thing.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,,,,,,,,, BLACK MEN MAKE LESS THAN BLACK WOMEN

CszFolkWEAAXbNE.jpg

CHECK FUCKIN MATE

What you gotta understand tho is that marriage is about being on the same page a large majority of the time...

If you and your spouse can't ever agree on anything, the timer on that marriage is clicking....

Not seeing the need to take my name, regardless of how I feel about it, will be interpreted as you not being serious about me 100% of the time......

And unfortunately that also means I don't take your reasoning into consideration either. which means already, we ain't on the same page...

Shit ain't going to work. if you can't take my name we can't get married

i mostly lived in big cities with a high cost of living n the men i have dated made the same or more than me cuz of that @TheMasterKey, so stahp with that.

i stated in that thread tht i like treating ppl to meals n shit. i dont like 4 any kind of gift or treat to always be one sided. thts more a personal taste thing than a gender 1

As men, especially black men, we can't use our circumstances as excuses for the fuck shit we do. We're more likely to die before yall, more likely to be killed, jailed, and every other fuckin thing.

what this gotta do with who buys a drink? stop it 5.

What you gotta understand tho is that marriage is about being on the same page a large majority of the time...

If you and your spouse can't ever agree on anything, the timer on that marriage is clicking....

Not seeing the need to take my name, regardless of how I feel about it, will be interpreted as you not being serious about me 100% of the time......

And unfortunately that also means I don't take your reasoning into consideration either. which means already, we ain't on the same page...

Shit ain't going to work. if you can't take my name we can't get married
Papa Du I can see u being right bout consideration n bein on the same page but thats a lot of power to give to something like a name. wld it have that much power to be a dealbreaker for an otherwise life long commitment bound relationship if ppl didnt put too much stock in it? its a name. letters, usually on a paper since 80% of the time ppl call u by ur first name.

i cant help but feel like emasculation n fears of it r the main grievance with it

Back