Welcome To aBlackWeb

Whoopi Goldberg sparks outrage after saying on 'The View' that 'the Holocaust isn't about race'

Anyone know why the Holocaust was even brought up? I haven't watched any clips or anything but seems a bit random for a day time talk show that old ladies watch

The funniest part of this thread to me is after she admitted she was clearly wrong and outlined exactly why and wholeheartedly apologized... we still have people like "she's not wrong..."

Does shutting the fuck up and learning something ever occur to some of you guys?

But back to reality...her getting suspended is some wack shit. If she was ever an advocate for black people I would feel some type of way but this looks like a mans's inhumanity to man kind of thing that has nothing to do with race.

These niggas ain’t deep thinkers man. They just go against mainstream to argue

but whoopi didn’t say the holocaust wasn’t bad

pretty fucked up they suspended her after she acknowledged she was wrong and apologized for it. gave her ass the SAS treatment

In school if you break a rule was apologizing getting you out of punishment?

ijs she said something stupid and gotta deal with it. Would it be way less if she was white of course

The Holocaust was definitely about race.Hitler stated his opinion time and time again that Jews werent even human.
but why do i have a feeling Whoopi is likely saying : thanks for 2 weeks off.

Whoopi is an African American woman. Native Germans and the Jews they persecuted would not be seen as different races by the way we define racism in America. It's just a matter of perspective. To Whoopi (and frankly most black people in America), Jews are white, so her point was that the Holocaust wasn't about racism because it was between two groups within the same race.

Now, she's wrong, because Germans didn't see race the way we do. To them, the Jews were another separate and inferior race, and the Holocaust was implemented to destroy that race. So it was most definitely about racism.

What Whoopi said was ignorant, but as usually people are going overboard and lying about what was said. She didn't attack Jews and she didn't downplay the horrors they faced. She just got tripped up on terminology.
End thread.

In school if you break a rule was apologizing getting you out of punishment?

ijs she said something stupid and gotta deal with it. Would it be way less if she was white of course

this isn’t school

it’s not like whoopi was defiant in her stance. she listened to the backlash from the community, admitted she was wrong and apologized

therefore them punishing her regardless is wack af imo

Whoopi being suspended ain't a surprise. They suspended and eventually fired Sharon Osbourne so folks had to know Whoopi being suspended is the least of things that is going to happen to her behind this.

The suspension is some bullshit and a lot of shit can be discussed about right and wrong on it but the shit ain't worth the key strokes to me.

Good luck to Whoopi!

Back