Welcome To aBlackWeb

Whoopi Goldberg sparks outrage after saying on 'The View' that 'the Holocaust isn't about race'

So the jewish people are: their own race but also included as caucasian in race, own ethnicity, a religion and classified as a minority.

When a group can check all those boxes at the same time I can see why the ADL always has something to say about something.
I wonder if black Jews can or do this...

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
I dunno that this needs to be unpacked that much. Whoopi was wrong. It was explained to her that she was wrong and why she was wrong. She pretty immediately let it be known that she was wrong and apologized.

That's kinda the end of it for me.

Now, about this scrubbing your shower after every use thing...
/thread

Whoopi is an African American woman. Native Germans and the Jews they persecuted would not be seen as different races by the way we define racism in America. It's just a matter of perspective. To Whoopi (and frankly most black people in America), Jews are white, so her point was that the Holocaust wasn't about racism because it was between two groups within the same race.

Now, she's wrong, because Germans didn't see race the way we do. To them, the Jews were another separate and inferior race, and the Holocaust was implemented to destroy that race. So it was most definitely about racism.

What Whoopi said was ignorant, but as usually people are going overboard and lying about what was said. She didn't attack Jews and she didn't downplay the horrors they faced. She just got tripped up on terminology.
/thread again

Honestly I think the US UK and Latin America probably the only places they categorize race the same way where it’s like 90% based on looks.

She's not wrong, but the Holocaust is just something non-Jewish folks need to stay away from. Unless you're condemning Hitler and his minions to the fiery depths of all parts of Hell, you're gonna be called Anti-Semite for speaking on it.

we need @5 Grand opinion on this since he's ABW's senior resident holocaust historian

:hahaha:

@5 Grand

well-waiting.gif

The funniest part of this thread to me is after she admitted she was clearly wrong and outlined exactly why and wholeheartedly apologized... we still have people like "she's not wrong..."

Does shutting the fuck up and learning something ever occur to some of you guys?

But back to reality...her getting suspended is some wack shit. If she was ever an advocate for black people I would feel some type of way but this looks like a mans's inhumanity to man kind of thing that has nothing to do with race.

Back