Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Kendrick or Cole?

test

Rate "Port Antonio"

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another thing.

Thinking that major label rappers in their 30s, with kids and etc, got actual real life goons running around trying to murder rivals over diss tracks is Hip Hop Ducktales.

That's what is really corny.

This is 2024 and Drake, Kendrick and Cole are on actual major labels and have corporate sponsors and etc.

Nobody worth 50 Million and up is going to die over bars.

That's for street rappers and all 3 of them are nowhere close to that no matter how tough and dangerous they like to sound to entertain their voyeuristic suburban fanbase.

Touche. Honestly, that's probably why they get along so well--or maybe it's a mixed thing. Yet still, it's important to note that Drake never deleted his diss and although he may have been in the shop with LeBron coppin' pleas, he for sure didn't apologize.

But 100% on Schoolboy Q sending up the flare. That's an important factor but Cole taking heed and continuing to play both sides of the fence just screams ho to me.

"Drake you'll always be my nigga, ain't ashamed to say you did a lot for me my nigga" is up there with Biggie's Richard Pryor line for nastiest bars of all time.

I think that bar was a response to that Drake rant. Same way Cole reasoned to that Wale rant a few years back in a song too. Not his 1st time doing that. As far as playing both sides of the fence..is he supposed to choose sides and do all that corny "stay on that side" shit niggas not remotely involved in this was doing? If by all accounts, and all 3 have said this in the songs released, that they're friends or were at one point then Cole choosing a side and "not playing both sides of the fence" looks bad and feeds into the narrative that's been painted by fans. And that's basically what this song was. A message more to the fans than anything that he's not going for the click bait bullshit and not feeding into their thirst for drama.

It's actually more consistent with who Cole has been this entire time. Him switching up and choosing a side would've looked more corny than anything because it would've went against the character he's shown himself to be

Another thing.

Thinking that major label rappers in their 30s, with kids and etc, got actual real life goons running around trying to murder rivals over diss tracks is Hip Hop Ducktales.

That's what is really corny.

This is 2024 and Drake, Kendrick and Cole are on actual major labels and have corporate sponsors and etc.

Nobody worth 50 Million and up is going to die over bars.

That's for street rappers and all 3 of them are nowhere close to that no matter how tough and dangerous they like to sound to entertain their voyeuristic suburban fanbase.
But weren’t they blaming OVO for the XO shooting and XO for the OVO shooting ?

Just listened to Port Antonio. I'm not a Cole fan, but it's cool.

I'm torn on his assessment of the battle though. If he bowed out of the beef because he saw where it was going to go and didn't want to take it there, fine. I don't think that makes him lesser. That said, you can't duck a battle for any reason, but then turn around an act like you should still be in the position that only the winner of that battle gets to hold. It doesn't work like that. He's a good rapper, but so are Drake and Kendrick. The difference is them dudes was willing to shed blood (figuratively) for the top spot and he wasn't. So the same way he bowed out of that battle, he's gotta bow out of any consideration of being the best of this era.

My point is just cause that shit didn’t escalate in further violence doesn’t mean there wasn’t a possibility that it could. Those goofy bitches could have gotten other ppl hurt.

Stop advocating for unnecessary chaos. This is what niggas mean when the convo of hip-hop & violence comes up.
what are u saying in relation to the thread topic

But weren’t they blaming OVO for the XO shooting and XO for the OVO shooting ?

Fans speculated that because that's what fans do.

That's not the gangland politics that Durk is involved with and facilitates.

Or even the stuff Carti inserted himself in.

There are major label rappers like Carti and Durk that beef with real killers, but they are rich and never around to get got.

I believe people think Biggie and Tupac is a regular occurrence but forget that they were killed by real killers not by rap crews.

Last edited:
I dont get the hype of the song tbh, I mean Cole was flowing but I dont care for the content...

If he was gonna address the battle he shouda been more direct... He already chose to bow out, which some say made him look soft, so if wanted to tag back in he shouldnt had skirted around the subject and been cagey...

Those who didnt know about the battle would listen to this and think it was just another song...

Rick Ross literally got attacked d in Toronto Vancouver because dudes had hometown pride he's a stupid man who happens to be filthy rich and thought he could get away with his stupidity and status so we he laughed it off, but do y'all he didn't realize how that shit could have went left quick and his dudes could have got killed from someone trying to "stand up for the 6ix" his stupid ways?!

Well said bruv

Last edited:
I dont get the hype of the song tbh, I mean Cole was flowing but I dont care for the content...

If he was gonna address the battle he shouda been more direct... He already chose to bow out, which some say made him look soft, so if wanted to tag back in he shouldnt had skirted around the subject and been cagey...

Those who didnt know about the battle would listen to this and think it was just another song...
The whole first verse is a big nothing burger. I'm convinced Cole has run outta content to talk about

Second verse he trying hard to say he ain't pick a side but ends it consoling Drake and reminding him they still besties. Shits weird af

As soon as I heard Fever I knew Cole was lost in Drizzy sauce, pause

The whole first verse is a big nothing burger. I'm convinced Cole has run outta content to talk about

Second verse he trying hard to say he ain't pick a side but ends it consoling Drake and reminding him they still besties. Shits weird af

As soon as I heard Fever I knew Cole was lost in Drizzy sauce, pause

You know he will always refer to himself as 'Jermaine' one or two times... He said it a few times in that tune so maybe he is running low on content...

I wanna see him go back to his storytelling...

Back